PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas'

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 910111213141516

Lyra's AvatarLyra
Ohhh sorry ^^' then I understood it wrong c:. Then that was what was in my mind ^^, sorry to confuse anyone. I don't mind that a staff will be hosting the clan c:, that was the idea all along. So I am glad that is still what is going to happen. It's a officel clan so it's only natural that the staff is the one in charge over the mentors and the clan :).
Beatifull signature and avatar made by Ryuokowolf c:.
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Has the criteria to become a mentor been decided yet? o:
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Has anyone considered making a Discord server for this? idk if a generic help channel would get too spammy, but it would likely be less daunting than the general chat. Thinking a channel specifically for the mentors might be good as well for management-type stuff or if you're not sure what to tell your newbie (it's kinda embarrassing to promote yourself as an expert only to get stumped and have to publicly ask someone else for the answer).
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
Bumping this up as more discussion is needed. And yeah, I'm sorry it's taking so long. At this point we're waiting for more staff to come in due to us being rather swamped - life kicks our butts as it were. I wouldn't mind the idea of a discord server but the issue regarding that is that not everyone has discord.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
May I ask, what do you/staff personally thinks still needs discussion? o: Just so we know what suggestions and ideas we should center on thinking about, so we can help better :) And don’t worry about wait, I’m sure it’s more aggravating for you then us and you are just being efficient, it will be worth it for sure.
Manewa's AvatarManewa
It's true that everyone doesn't have a discord, but having a server or at least a channel for those who do wouldn't hurt, would it? The main focus of all action would be centered around the forums on site, but in addition to that those in need of quick answers or mentors in need of support could pop into discord as well. At the very least, I think having some semi-hidden discussion channel for the mentors would be helpful. As Mystera said, it's quite unlikely for one person to know the answers for absolutely everything, so being able to quickly check things from others would help the newbies and in a way make the mentors more reliable. True, we could just send PMs to other mentors, but then we'd need to know exactly who to ask from.
Avatar is a wolverine-fakemon, made by Eggboy in their artshop for my use
SkittleFairy's AvatarSkittleFairy
I'm really interested in this sort of thing! Not only having site mentors, but I also like the idea of like a Random Acts of Kindness squad, who find newbies and gift them with something to help them get started. Like recently, I gave away a couple of my lower-rank Shelter passes that I didn't need to some people who were new to the site, and it felt good to be of some help and they really appreciated it! So maybe one feature can be donations from senior members that newbies can come and claim? Within reason, so nobody could try and claim the whole donation pile... But the donation box can include things like special pokemon, items, currency, and account upgrades :) Anything a person wanted to donate, really. What do you think?
Avatar artwork by Ken Sugimori of GameFreak, taken from Bulbapedia.
Made by Fuchsfee
Manewa's AvatarManewa
While your idea is lovely, SkittleFairy, I'm not sure if it should be included in the Mentor clan, and here area few reasons why. First and foremost, newbie giveaways should be a thing anyone can participate in. I, for one, got some pretty nice stuff early on, way before I would have been eligible to become a mentor, and I was passing that stuff onwards too. Of course people could still have giveaways of their own, but still, I think this giveaway thing would do better on it's own. Also the fact that even if there'd be no requirement for the mentors to donate, saying that it's part of the clan might create a pressure that every 'good' mentor should also be a donator. Mentees could start favouring certain mentors because if they give stuff to a donation pool, surely they'd showertheir own mentees with gifts too. And this brings me to my sevond point I can't speak for every mentor, but I know for sure that I tended to give useful gifts to my owm mentees, and I doubt I was the only one. Probably most of us did, and I doubt that'd change, so a common donation pool isn't really essential And for third, keeping an eye out for re-sellers and other people who are taking more than they need would be a hassle. Currently there's no way for us to know if someone is truthful when they say they need a shelter pass for example. Inventory codes can be faked by giving the item to a pokemon, and then it can be sold with no one knowing. Long story short, While it's a sweet idea, I don't think it fits to this clan.
Mystera's AvatarMystera
I also say no freebies. It's very easy for such a set up to be targetted by scammers or for people to just start begging like crazy. I personally hate beggars (not actual irl ones, just entitled people who don't actually need it) and would be turned off immediately if a mentee started begging me for stuff just because I'm more experienced than them. Many a game with guilds or clans or such have had issues with the guild stock being raided one way or another by scammers. You just can't trust people on the internet.
Gengirl's AvatarGengirl
Maybe with the mentor-mentee matchup we could ask people to pick a Nature to describe themselves? Like maybe a newbie who selected 'Timid' would go for a 'Careful' rather than say a 'Bold' mentor? I think having similar characters put together would help in a mentoring relationship.
Credit to my bff CorvidsAiden for my avatar!

Pages: 123··· 910111213141516

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page