PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 4445464748

impish.sei's Avatarimpish.sei
You can always see if anyone is willing to borrow your pair in order to breed and hatch an egg or two, something that is currently something I've done anyway, for natures. To set it simple, the current system is that you want same family, one each from two different people. And you will automatically get a random value from 90-99%. Happiness being full would boost this to 108-119% The new system, you want same species, one can be from you, the other you need to get traded to you. This will get you 66% out of an 80% max. Having a matching disliked berry will bring you up to 72%, matching liked to 74%, and exact same nature to that 80%. The new happiness boost at max is +38% instead of +20%, so using the numbers above, your new max % would be 91% (no matching berry), 99% (matching disliked), 102% (matching liked), and 110% (same nature). And all of this is without counting if you have the Elite rank prize, which boosts these percentage by another *1.2, which would bring even the no matching berries, max happiness % up to 109%. Ditto is also going to count as 'same pokemon', so if you get your hands on a good IV ditto, you're pretty well off. Granted, I know that's pretty difficult since it isn't breedable. Even if two pokemon aren't the same species, if they are of similar shape and size, if we aren't factoring in level differences, you'll still be able to get some good pairings. I can't confirm the exact numbers, since we don't have access to all of the factors, but it probably won't be too different from the current. But even if you are the only one with the mons, not able to get someone to help you out, both mons having your OT, not counting level debuffs, you would be looking at pairs of these %s after the happiness and breeding buffs: 76% (no berry match); 86% (disliked berry match); 89% (liked berry match); and 99% (nature match). edit: this is versus your current 'both your OT, max happiness' maximum % of 60-71% on same-family pairs Hope these numbers help!

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
0 pts .
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan

QUOTE originally posted by Winterbraid

What I meant is, right now there's no substantial reason to engage with the RNG other than the satisfaction of knowing that the 99% is indeed there, because anything above 90% is functionally the same as long as you keep your happiness high. Twin eggs would throw that out of the window by actually making the 99% objectively better. It's kinda the opposite of people who don't care about natures being "forced" to pay attention to them. Personally, I do care about natures but I don't really care about 99% because for my purposes, a 90% with both preferred natures and max happiness is "perfect," but with the twin eggs I'd be "forced" to pay attention to the RNG. Both RNG and natures are "unfair" in that you get a group of people who start out with "already perfect" pairs, but going with the RNG option would make it an order of magnitude harder for the "unfortunate" group to catch up with the "fortunate" one (because now they "have" to care about both nature and RNG, on top of RNG being the far more annoying factor to "have" to care about, as Niet and others have outlined). That's why, if we're actually going to make "max pairs" a desirable pursuit with palpable gameplay benefits (as seems to be the purpose of twin eggs), then I think natures are the "fairer" option because they create a better starting point for the community as a whole to reach an equal standing.
Oh I’m glad I asked because this actually makes a LOT of sense and kind of moved me on board with natures staying. I hadn’t considered that anything over a 100% before was the same value and now it actually does add a benefit! i was very focused on people losing progress, which is still sad, but understandable

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
I'm glad I remembered to re-read the first post for any info about a potential implementation date. Untangling the code spaghetti comes first, totally understandable. Niet, I'm looking forward to this update and I hope the untangling and re-write don't give you any trouble =)
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
On the Gigaremo aspect: I'd like it if there was an "attachment"/upgrade you could buy for it, and that's the thing that eats Gems in order to reduce how fast happiness drains when you use it. That way, the Gigaremo still works the way it does now (which seems fine, honestly), and you only need to use gems if you want to, to make it work "better". I don't know, the idea of using Gems to augment how the Gigaremo works, feels a lot better than just switching the system entirely. Afaik, that was the main issue with the New Gigaremo? That it suddenly needed items to use it, on top of also being a happiness drain.
✩ [ Me
Lex | They/Them pronouns
]
Hunt Chain! 35
✩ [ avatar
cutiefly art by me!
]
TR Score: 0
stand up be strong know right from wrong forever hence
-♫- believe yourself
LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
Honestly, I don't even know anymore. So I know I posted somewhere within probably the first twenty pages and then started making my way through the backlog. At this point, I'm just gonna see how all of this affects (effects?) (no affects looks more correct) my current breeding pairs and if I need to make/buy new ones, so be it. But from my understanding, I think most pairs from this update will likely end up at a higher percentage, even if they will no longer be "max paired". Which, personally, I think is acceptable. I also think that- judging from the posts made after Niet made the decision to nuke the v-wave modifier and gigaremo change, that there's a discrepency between the "majority" of the site and the "majority" of the voices making their opinions known in the thread. Which makes sense. Oftentimes the actual majority are either agreeable or wait and see, meanwhile it's the loud minority disagreeing and making noise. When I initially posted forever ago, concerned about the v-wave and red gigaremo (which who knows if I understood that proposition), I don't think I really understood how either of them worked at the time. Since then, a lot has been better explained (or at least more explanations were given that I could actually comprehend) and generally cleared up. I also think that in the beginning (and probably some still now) lots of people were confused at the changes that are/were going to take place and how they worked and the end-game effect. I also think that a lot of people probably changed their minds while following the thread as things cleared up/made more sense to them and they weren't gut-reacting. However, I am sure that a lot of those people didn't say anything about how their opinions changed. All in all, I think this update will be interesting to see.
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
Durant's AvatarDurant
I'm curious about the twin thing. I presume as you have said about rarity of twins that will be some link to them. Sorry if this presumption is wrong. Will that only be available to see that they are twins when getting from daycare or the shelter too? I wasn't online at that time but apparently there used to be family trees and it was taken out because people were messaging about specials being theirs because they came from their pair. I might be confusing this with rejected ideas but I feel like the point still stands. I worry this will happen with twins as well
Check out Durant's Shop
Mystreon's AvatarMystreon

QUOTE originally posted by Durant

I'm curious about the twin thing. I presume as you have said about rarity of twins that will be some link to them. Sorry if this presumption is wrong. Will that only be available to see that they are twins when getting from daycare or the shelter too? I wasn't online at that time but apparently there used to be family trees and it was taken out because people were messaging about specials being theirs because they came from their pair. I might be confusing this with rejected ideas but I feel like the point still stands. I worry this will happen with twins as well
I really miss the family tree stuff, was so much easier to see what cool stuff people weere getting from yoru eggs, it was nice knowing ii could give somebody there first melan or what not.
ve3oml's Avatarve3oml
I've been thinking about the compatibility part of the update... I have a pair or two that are 99% Base compatibility currently, with compatibility being "re-evaluateed" every time you put a pair in the Daycare, would Base Compatibility also be "re-evaluated" or just all numbers after the base %? I honestly, feel it would not be fair for those of us who have worked hard to build 99% base pairs (and in some cases spent alot of funds) only to have the base % change after the update and possibly every time the pair is put into the day care just thoughts and would like a little clarification on that part of the compatibily update Thank you
Avatar is my actual cat when he was a baby,
ShadowRotom's AvatarShadowRotom

QUOTE originally posted by ve3oml

I've been thinking about the compatibility part of the update... I have a pair or two that are 99% Base compatibility currently, with compatibility being "re-evaluateed" every time you put a pair in the Daycare, would Base Compatibility also be "re-evaluated" or just all numbers after the base %? I honestly, feel it would not be fair for those of us who have worked hard to build 99% base pairs (and in some cases spent alot of funds) only to have the base % change after the update and possibly every time the pair is put into the day care just thoughts and would like a little clarification on that part of the compatibily update Thank you

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

The RNG component of the compatibility calculation will be completely removed. No more hunting for the perfect partner - this feature did nothing but cause frustration for players seeking to eke out the last few percentage points.
I think this means that the new system won’t have that base compatibility randomness, so a set of identical pairs should be identical in base compatibility. Was this what you were asking?(very sorry if not)
Shoot me a PM if you ever want to talk! My door is always open and I have experience with mental health issues. Spinarak drawn by me
ve3oml's Avatarve3oml

QUOTE originally posted by ShadowRotom

QUOTE originally posted by ve3oml

snip

The RNG component of the compatibility calculation will be completely removed. No more hunting for the perfect partner - this feature did nothing but cause frustration for players seeking to eke out the last few percentage points.
I think this means that the new system won’t have that base compatibility randomness, so a set of identical pairs should be identical in base compatibility. Was this what you were asking?(very sorry if not)
Kind of... BUt at the very end of the post There is This

This means that the maximum base compatibility of a pair will be two individuals of the same species (or anyone with Ditto) having the same Nature, yielding 80% compatibility. Yes this is lower than the current max of 99%. I know. But the maximum is easier to attain, involves less frustration and busywork, and crucially no longer has an RNG factor. Don't worry, the Dynamic Modifiers are where the buffs are!
This is where I am confused, First saying RNG will be removed (which currently controlls Base %) and then mentioning here Max Base % will only be 80% after the update

Pages: 123··· 4445464748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page