PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Daycare Update 2024 plans >

Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan

QUOTE originally posted by Winterbraid

What I meant is, right now there's no substantial reason to engage with the RNG other than the satisfaction of knowing that the 99% is indeed there, because anything above 90% is functionally the same as long as you keep your happiness high. Twin eggs would throw that out of the window by actually making the 99% objectively better. It's kinda the opposite of people who don't care about natures being "forced" to pay attention to them. Personally, I do care about natures but I don't really care about 99% because for my purposes, a 90% with both preferred natures and max happiness is "perfect," but with the twin eggs I'd be "forced" to pay attention to the RNG. Both RNG and natures are "unfair" in that you get a group of people who start out with "already perfect" pairs, but going with the RNG option would make it an order of magnitude harder for the "unfortunate" group to catch up with the "fortunate" one (because now they "have" to care about both nature and RNG, on top of RNG being the far more annoying factor to "have" to care about, as Niet and others have outlined). That's why, if we're actually going to make "max pairs" a desirable pursuit with palpable gameplay benefits (as seems to be the purpose of twin eggs), then I think natures are the "fairer" option because they create a better starting point for the community as a whole to reach an equal standing.
Oh I’m glad I asked because this actually makes a LOT of sense and kind of moved me on board with natures staying. I hadn’t considered that anything over a 100% before was the same value and now it actually does add a benefit! i was very focused on people losing progress, which is still sad, but understandable

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page