PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 12345··· 474849

Blueish's AvatarBlueish
Now that this question is relevant, are there any plans to make Ditto finally not influence delta typing as a "cross-breed" parent? This update could make Ditto a viable partner for all Pokémon if you're lazy like I am, but making an overwhelming majority of offspring Normal Deltas has always been a damper on that. edit; I think some people upset about the v-wave change maybe could consider there are two absolutely free buffs in the form of the Rank Bonus of 20% and the Happiness Bonus being 18% more effective. The latter alone offsets a negative V Wave bonus if the values outlined are used going forward. You're still going to be making more eggs than before under the worst V Wave compatibility...
Brohepsi's AvatarBrohepsi

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Brohepsi

I'm sorry I really just can't get behind the red gigaremo change. It's going to make things a lot more difficult for new players and players like me who still aren't at wishalloy badges. Especially when I already paid for it
New players with a Red Gigaremo? I really don't think that's a concern...
Apologies if formatting is off or didn't work, I've never quoted a post before, I'm not very active in the forums. GP is very easy for me to get, and I had a plethora when I was only around for a year. That aside, it's still a major hit to everyone still trying to get badges, especially when we already pay a second time with happiness like someone else mentioned. Large and flawless gems aren't cheap on the market, either. I need those credits so I can work on my Silvally
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by DroganTheDragon

i genuinely see no upside to this. especially when newer players are wondering why their pokemon have compatability fluctuating on a daily basis.
To both you and others using similar arguments: please stop strawmanning. "Think of the new users" has the same energy as "think of the children". New users really aren't gonna care that their middling pair that they haven't optimised is getting a small amount of variation in their breeding rates daily, and even if they notice it at all they aren't going to be affected by it in any meaningful way. All this change does is add further options for veteran/hardcore players to minmax the stats on their pairs and maximise efficiency, if they choose to do so, but they could just as easily choose to not engage with the mechanic and accept that some days will breed a handful more eggs than others. Yes, this does make it slightly harder to maximise absolutely every bonus that can possibly be gotten. This is a good thing.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Shirarisun's AvatarShirarisun

QUOTE originally posted by Shirarisun

i'm sorry, but the v-wave potentially causing a nerf is a terrible change. having just the boosts or no bonus is fine i guess, but the potential of getting a bad luck string of v-waves for your pair (if you are stuck in the middle of a hunt, especially in type race where this can massively impact team scores) can be devastating. really am not enjoying this. really odd how there's no more rng factor when it comes to the base compatibility, but then this is added. i'm a bit confused.
Would it help if I lowered the base compatibility by 16, and then made the V~Wave a pure buff? Numerically it's exactly the same, after all, but now V~Wave isn't a penalty... Or I can keep things sensible, with "base value" as neutrality to the V~Wave, and up or down as appropriate.
the problem i have here is that the v-wave is completely random and really doesn't need to have an effect on breeding at all due to that factor (especially as something you can't predict beyond the 4 days listed, which again, if you're prepping for type race you're probably already set on a specific type for your hunts far before that.) as i said before, i feel it's trying to fix a problem that does not exist.

QUOTE originally posted by Brohepsi

I'm sorry I really just can't get behind the red gigaremo change. It's going to make things a lot more difficult for new players and players like me who still aren't at wishalloy badges. Especially when I already paid for it
New players with a Red Gigaremo? I really don't think that's a concern...
this doesn't Just affect new players, it essentially affects anyone not at the highest badge ranks (wishalloy at least) because getting there takes such a long time and a lot of effort to even get enough gems to reach it. having an important feature for those breeding harder to obtain pokémon (like variants or exclusives) locked behind gems feels more like a punishment for those not at max badges than anything.
shira//any pronouns//-4 server time hunt journal
Collecting Teal Masks for future Ogerpon hunt! (1 so far)

pfp source | sprites from kirby super star
Hamez's AvatarHamez
Regarding the V~wave, could this be something were it could only negatively impact it to 100% with other 'standard' buffs in place? I like the Vwave as a fun concept, and wouldn't mind the change. Alos, I personally never fully understood what the % means so my suggestion might be pointless lol
Electric-Type Tiny Icon made by Juku
Team Gigavolt Havoc — 18,216 points
Electric-Type Tiny Icon made by Juku
For more odds and ends, Visit The Hamez-ing Emporium! Avatar made by NinjaAnne — Buying for 20zc! 45/500
abingy's Avatarabingy
I'm not too keen on the new gem cost, but it wouldn't affect much at all (I sell all gems so I have plenty extra) so I could live with it. My only concern is that we don't need to do anything that increases the cost of gems. Upgrading badges is a huge cost already. I also just don't see why it was a necessary addition. I do have a question about how it would work though, I'm assuming we'll still be able to turn the red giga off and on so when it's off, does the time remaining pause too or does that just run out. Cause if it's the latter, that would encourage the use of the smaller gems. Also just curious, why didn't variants bred with variant parents get a buff too? I've always thought of variants and exclusives on the same level but now variants are gonna be harder to breed than exclusives (at least the ones that require two different mons for their special breeding method)
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
Something I'm confused about is- how will this affect current breeding pairs? You mention/explain that compatability won't be "stuck" from the first meeting, but does this mean it will be constantly changing based on a number of variables such as the V-Wave? That's one of the things that confuses me the most. There's probably some other stuff as the math and coding goes above my head. Also, for the Red Gigaremo, does it now cost gems to use? Or is it that gems can be used to "boost" its power if the gem type matches the Pokémon in the daycare? edit: okay, after rereading the first post, I think I get it. I'm not really sure if I like the change, especially when it comes to its use when hunting exclusives/variants, but since you get a gem on each hatch, I don't think it will be much of a problem to keep the Red Gigaremo fed, if that makes sense. However, I think it would also be nice if you could just auto-feed it to some extent. Like put in a certain number of gems and when the first gem runs out, the second is automatically input in the Gigaremo to continue... to keep it "on", if that makes sense. Also I feel like the v-wave being a factor in compatability kind of punishes players who do long hunts? Like, the v-wave changes daily. Most people who hunt... hunt for weeks, to months, maybe even years at a time. With their breeding 'mons output for eggs being so variable and occasionally punished for not matching up well with the v-wave doesn't seem very fair to me?
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Shirarisun

this doesn't Just affect new players, it essentially affects anyone not at the highest badge ranks (wishalloy at least) because getting there takes such a long time and a lot of effort to even get enough gems to reach it. having an important feature for those breeding harder to obtain pokémon (like variants or exclusives) locked behind gems feels more like a punishment for those not at max badges than anything.
Copied from Discord:

It's also worth noting that the cost really isn't as high as you might think it is. For one gem, I get 10 minutes. I personally can do 5k party clicks in those 10 minutes (with no client mods btw, only default PFQ, not even QoL!) That's about 200 breeding cycles thanks to the buff to party clicks. Even if I have a really poor compatibility, or am hunting a Variant, that's at least 50 successful eggs - plus any extras for the Twin Egg bonus. For one gem.
It really isn't that expensive, guys!
InterCow's AvatarInterCow
Overall, I think that this update is going to be super beneficial for breeding, so I'm pretty excited for it. I'm especially excited that breeding pairs will only need one different OT now, that is going to boost so many of my pairs! I do have the same worries as other people though with both v-wave and the red gigaremo changes. I don't do a whole whole bunch of breeding, so really I won't be affected /that/ much but I do think it's a bit of an odd change, definitely not something I saw coming. Realistically I don't think the v-wave is good to be as big of an affect as people think, I think that if breeding chance still remains above 100% we are still pulling out ahead with the potential for twin eggs. But I guess we will have to see for that, I don't have enough brain power to try to do the math on how that's going to work out. With the red gigaremo I think is a bit more of a negative change though, I'm a very active player and I've been playing for a while and I'm still not even close to wishforge, and now I have something else that's going to use gems and also make market price for gems higher? Not exactly thrilled but again, it's something that I could be totally over reacting about.
Zoruna's AvatarZoruna
I don't understand everything, it's tedious to have to translate a terribly poorly translated text, so I'll see what happens once the update is in place... However, I thought I understood something that bothers me... If I understood correctly, the Red Gigaremo will no longer work like it does now, and will have to be powered with gems? If so, I'm against this change, gems are already so expensive and so many are needed for the wishforge! It's already not a pleasure to increase your badges, especially since without boost, we only have one gem per hatched egg, and the boosts are already modified to appear less often. As for the market, a gem is already worth 2k/unit most of the time, or even more for gems like dragon or steel, which is already a lot, when it takes even more than 200 gems for a bronze badge and even more than 1000 for a gold, and that's still far from the number of gems needed to reach the maximum! I bought the Red Gigaremo to help me with the dex, and if it becomes gem-based to activate from now on, I won't use it again. I find its price already expensive, using gems to activate it is, in my opinion, unfair and counterproductive, given its price. Gems are already too expensive to add an activation price :( edit : And if I understand correctly, 2 pokemon of different nature will lower their rate? I'm against it too! I don't care about nature! And the v-wave also, I don't find it just for hunting or race types... I don't really like this change, it doesn't promise anything really good. I don't understand the whole message, but from what I understand, I don't like what's coming at all.
Excuse my bad English but I'm French ^^' Avatar by " imperials " in TH : please do not take o/ Pronouns : She / He Credit of the other images by clicking on them

Pages: 12345··· 474849

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page