PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 1234567··· 474849

Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by LotadStar

An up to -16% on compatibility depending on the V-wave seems very harsh, I feel like having no negative V-wave bonus and a smaller positive V-wave bonus would be better. Having such a signifigant hinderance for something that is outside of the players control does not seem fair.
Right, but let's say I do this. Let's say for example that "if it matches the V~Wave, it gets +10%, otherwise nothing happens." How is that different from saying "if it doesn't match the V~Wave, it gets a -10% penalty"? It isn't. It's the same thing. Also you do have control. Deltas are one way, but switching breeding partners can also alleviate the issue. Or just ignore it, that's also fine, you'll just have to make an extra 6-8 clicks or so on average in the worst case. Meanwhile in the best case you make 10-12 clicks fewer on average. Again, not really that big a deal!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Agent3's Avatarhypermode-12.pngAgent3
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png
I do like the gem cost to the gigaremo, actually. I won't deny it might be veteran player bias but gems have deprecated in value since I started playing, adding them in as consumables, while maybe not impacting marketplace prices hugely, will help with selling gems of types that you aren't breeding and an additional use for gems of types you are. I was concerned initially about the loss of the old system's random compatability measurements but between the stacking of only needing one different OT and extra compatability for matching natures, it'll definitely come out as an overall buff for my pairs/pairmaking so I'm excited.
seth | 22 | he/him medical lab science student journal icon + sig of my character, by me.
s.pngsummon_rex.png4.png
Avianahelena's AvatarAvianahelena
grandmaster.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Avianahelena

Will you be adding hybridising methods to all/most of the ones that currently require an existing specimen of the line to breed? (e.g. Cactaboo from Pumpkaboo and Cacturne rather than having to have a Cactaboo already to get more.) That would be amazingly helpful for my arbitrary goal to have a living dex that's 100% either from my lab or bred from pokemon that are from my lab.
Pretty sure Cactaboo is already coded in, last I checked!
Ok gotcha. This might be a problem with the wiki then and therefore not relevant to this topic; when I looked into variant breeding there were a few that only said 'breed from existing member of the line' [sic]: Bubbly Frillish, Cactaboo, Early Bird Natu, Witch Purrloin, Magipede, Rose Gift Honedge, Savage Spearow, and Vampire Gligar. If those are all possible to breed 'from scratch' then my question becomes moot. :) In regards to the rest of the discussion, the Natures having to match for max compatibility will cause some work for some players, but it's so logical at its core that I can't bring myself to dislike the change. The Red Unhappiness-Maker genuinely does not appeal to me even as a not-new player, so the change to it really feels like a balancing factor in breeding difficulty for dedicated breeders, which seems fair. The Vwave thing is an interesting idea and I personally like it, but think it would be nice for there to be a way to cancel out the debuffs AND/OR remove the Vwave factor during the type race to avoid accidentally giving any teams the edge due to sheer RNG luck.
The idea of a "V~Wave Shield" consumable is interesting, and I will consider it.
flybynyx's Avatarhypermode-12.pngflybynyx
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by nikao

When i may ask... i may be silly and dont get it right,may have overread it, but im a bit bit worried and unsure about this change in daycare...im an iv breeder....use sometimes...most of the time different perfect iv poke as one of the pair,... like right now with orthworm i use a Mightyena, to give the iv breeding a push to get up now and then,...and so on....i nearly always use different parents, and always need to use next higher iv to breed up..so they are most often then not low %...so how badly will this new changes, affect iv breeding? and to pay with gem for red giga, when they are needed for badges...and already more low % beausevof iv breeding and all that...not sure if that is so good...
I also worry about the negative effects to IV breeding for the exact same reasons. I started out on PFQ as a heavy IV breeder, but over time it just became much easier to concentrate more on regular BP matchmaking. Now both pursuits seem to have gotten significantly more complicated.
On Aug 3 2018 11:27 AM CDT per TeeTurtle.com Permission granted to use avatar image ●○ psychic.png TR️ points = 3661 𓆛 Go Fish! ○●
Soulcoda's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSoulcoda
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that pokemon from the same parentage were nerfed, regardless of OT. However, I didn’t see that calculated in your current listing or in the update? For example, with the current Daycare system: Person A releases 1000 Espurr eggs. The also hatch their own and wonder trade it, and I got that Espurr. Person B adopts an egg from the shelter that Person A released. Then they also wonder trade and I get that one. Then I try to pair them… would they have a nerf? I know the scenario seems outlandish but I’m looking more towards the update at this specific scenario: I have a Meowstic someone traded to me, with decent IVs. I breed it, and let’s say I hatch an Espurr with even better IVs. It’ll be my OT, but in the update that won’t matter- however, they are technically “blood related”- will that nerf their breeding percentage?
LilypadLife's AvatarLilypadLife
grandmaster.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

snip Someone asked "how?" with regard to this statement. PFQ provides keyboard-friendly gameplay, using numbers 1-5 for interactions and A/D or arrow keys to navigate. I just twiddle my fingers over the keypad, 321321321321, then hit D. Pause a second on the last party to make sure it goes through properly, continue. Settle into a nice rhythm with some chill music, and I completed last month's MCW in 20 minutes - so 10 minutes is 5k. Done. ggez :D
With all good intentions, not everyone can do 5K clicks in only 10 minutes. Yes, it is plausible and “anyone” can do it. But why ? I’m not sure what this is trying to prove, but good to know that 5K clicks is possible in just 10 minutes to only use up a few gems for the Gigaremo (it is possible, but very stress inducing for you and your hands…) I just don’t really get the Gigaremo costing gems to be honest. I guess balancing reasons, but it just feels not really worth the price. I don’t use it personally, but I know some of my friends do. And I’m not too sure I’m liking the V-Wave boosting/nerfing your breeding chances based on typings. It goes down to rng, and even that might not go into your favor… Apologies, sorry if I sound rude, that is not my intention at all. I’m glad for the other changes, though, it will make it a bit more easier to breed
Signature art by TheWildSalem! My avatar was made by Cledanio! ♥︎
TRADE SHOPART SHOPJOINT ART SHOPGYM

QUOTE originally posted by Soulcoda

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but I was under the impression that pokemon from the same parentage were nerfed, regardless of OT. However, I didn’t see that calculated in your current listing or in the update?
There has never been a penalty for related Pokémon breeding on PFQ. That's why it wasn't mentioned: it doesn't exist :D

QUOTE originally posted by LilypadLife

With all good intentions, not everyone can do 5K clicks in only 10 minutes. Yes, it is plausible and “anyone” can do it. But why ?
I don't expect everyone to. But I also don't expect everyone to buy the Red Gigaremo in the first place. Nor do I expect everyone to even put stuff in the DayCare to breed at all. But I do expect the people who actively want to maximise every available boost to be willing to make a token amount of effort to achieve that, rather than having it given to them freely. It's still very cheap with this update, just not free any more.
Flareon95's Avatarhypermode-12.pngFlareon95
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngb.png
Overall I like this update, might buy a Gigaremo to try to use it for the first time 😀 I got a few questions though: Would the info about how the V Wave affects the breeding pairs also be added to the tooltip to help players understand the percentages a bit better? And in the case of breeding something like variants or pokemon with different parents, like Snowpoke for example, if you get twin eggs, would they always be of the same pokemon or could they be different, such as one Slowpoke and one Snowpoke?
Mimthyss's AvatarMimthyss
grandmaster.pngd+.png
I feel like people are being a little too quick to jump the gun on this one. Yes, there are factors that act as nerfs, namely the gems and v-wave modifier (though on good days this is also a buff, guys! Don't forget that one works both ways!). But I feel like it's a little unfair (?) to say you don't like the nerfs and only want the buffs. If things aren't rebalanced around buffs, then thats how ya get power creep and things losing value or getting out of hand. It takes the fun away if everything is easy. I mean, imagine if say melans were 75% odds. Where's the fun and value in getting melans then? Don't get me wrong, my knee-jerk reaction was also like "nooo whyy boooo" haha, but that was considering it from the perspective of how daycare is *now*. When you take into consideration all the other buffs, I really don't think these nerfs will be as big a deal anyway. The red giga especially. As someone in the later game stages I have had one for a good while now, but I almost never use it. The rare times I have have been for when I'm rushing to get some hard to breed variant or exclusive eggs or something like that because I'm hatching them faster than breeding them. That's a very specific scenario to even need it in the first place for, and in that case using gems I would need hardly any to charge it and the eggs hatched by doing so would probably even things out gem-wise anyway, though I haven't run any numbers on that so idk. (Depends on the egg being hatched, tbf). But with the added buffs from how the pairs work, the chance for twins, increased breeding rate when party clicking.. the need for red giga is even more niche than before. Those players who need it because they're hunting exclusives/variants are already in a place of being able to afford thousands of gp's worth of DCP, whats a few spare gems (that they probably already have hundreds of anyway, since those players are likely very late-stage players)? Similar logic for the v-wave thing. Yes it can (can! Sometimes!) debuff the %, but with all the other factors in mind I think it'll probably barely even be noticeable All this to say basically, I think we all need to be patient and see how it feels to actually use because it's hard to wrap your head around all these numbers and stuff and really get a feel for it in terms of actual gameplay, at least it is for me haha! Let's give it all a chance first :)
☆ ~ Self Hatched Melans ~☆
Click on the lil' icons to be taken to their respective pages! Some are what I plan to evolve them into rather than what they currently actually are tho, lol. Also it's in chronological order because yes
j.pngv.pngo.png2.png5.pngg.pngx.png 8.pngs.pngl.png2.png1.pngg.png ~☆~♡~
Team Devastating Drake, Type Race Winners of April, 2024! I achieved 11,140 points!
~♡~☆~ Avatar drawn by me; character is my own! TR Trophy drawn by the amazing Cherushii78 :D

Pages: 1234567··· 474849

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page