PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 46474849

Tempura778's AvatarTempura778
Just to add to the comment before this, I think the changes were known since the roadmap was announced late last year, six months in advance. Still looking forward to this, when it inevitably arrives! (Edit, because I didn’t expect the post to roll to the next page)
The fiery gal and good luck charm:
× 45 / 1000
An eventual Melan Munkidori hunt (Not actively buying at the moment) Credit to BlueBlissey for September ‘23 Normal Trophy
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan

QUOTE originally posted by Tempura778

Just to add to the comment before this, I think the changes were known since the roadmap was announced late last year, six months in advance. Still looking forward to this, when it inevitably arrives! (Edit, because I didn’t expect the post to roll to the next page)
The things that were unknown about this update was the red gig changes, the v wave changes, the nature changes, and the exact functionality of the ditto buffs. so most of the things people got heated over were things that we did Not have six months to process

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
ve3oml's Avatarve3oml
I THINK I may have actually finally figured out how the compatibility Changes will work.... I am not trying to "open" a can of worms But maybe this may help others understand everything, I have spoken to various users to understand the various parts of the compatibility changes and I have actually added a post in my journal to hopefully help explain this as well I have added a hide box with "snips/quotes" from The main thread and an explanation of how I beleive (after speaking with others and compiling the information) the New daycare update will work on the compatibility changes end. I have also included examples of some of my current mon (their current daycare screenshots) as well as a breakdown of how I beleive their total SC will form/become AFTER the update To My surprise, i actually have a Different Nature, Lvl 50+, Max Happy Pair that after the update if i do not do anything to any mon will potentially be a Higher total SC than a Same Nature, Lvl 50+, Max Happy Pair that I have and can be found in my Examples, To Help keep the post "clean" I did use HIde boxes and Accordions but I Hope this may help some one else understand things as well My Journal Post has been linked below >>>>Journal post explaining Daycare Update<<<<<
Avatar is my actual cat when he was a baby,
impish.sei's Avatarimpish.sei

QUOTE originally posted by ve3oml

My Journal Post has been linked below >>>>Journal post explaining Daycare Update<<<<<
Hey, sorry, but the dynamic modifiers, the happiness + daycare boost, aren't a flat +38 and +20, they're a % modifier, so it's *1.38 and *1.2, respectively (1+.modifer for positives, 1-.modifier for negatives). Making that first example of yours in non-matching natures 123%, not 132%. Same with the other dynamics (52% pair with example 2; neutral happiness isn't going to have a negative impact anymore, so the 3rd example will actually be 79%; and the 4th is a 58% pair) Even with your own math, I'm not sure how you came with only 119 for the 80% same nature pair, because the 80 base + 38 happiness + 20 boost = 138, not 119 (tho, since the 38 and 20 are *, not +, the end result is 132%). 119% is actually the max % under the current system Example 2 of matching natures is, then, 101%; example 3 is 73%; example 4 is 16%

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
11826 pts .
ve3oml's Avatarve3oml

QUOTE originally posted by impish.sei

QUOTE originally posted by ve3oml

My Journal Post has been linked below >>>>Journal post explaining Daycare Update<<<<<
Hey, sorry, but the dynamic modifiers, the happiness + daycare boost, aren't a flat +38 and +20, they're a % modifier, so it's *1.38 and *1.2, respectively (1+.modifer for positives, 1-.modifier for negatives). Making that first example of yours in non-matching natures 123%, not 132%. Same with the other dynamics (52% pair with example 2; neutral happiness isn't going to have a negative impact anymore, so the 3rd example will actually be 79%; and the 4th is a 58% pair) Even with your own math, I'm not sure how you came with only 119 for the 80% same nature pair, because the 80 base + 38 happiness + 20 boost = 138, not 119 (tho, since the 38 and 20 are *, not +, the end result is 132%). 119% is actually the max % under the current system Example 2 of matching natures is, then, 101%; example 3 is 73%; example 4 is 16%
Thank you for the Explanation, as I had stated in my post before This was to my understanding of these parts, I don't know what happoned to my math on that last one as well either.... I will Go re look and work on fixing that as well.... I do have a question About the mathing of the % modifiers SO I will be pming you (hope you don't mind) to ask about that Thank you again, I will go And work at fixing the examples now
Prf X's AvatarPrf X
How will the Matchup Checker work in the update?
LEGO avatar built by me with LDD I always plan for the possibly of a hunt not being complete
we're only human after all
Looking for Hasty Pokemon I don't have TR/Tournament highlighting skin code Help Christopher Lee
aka Andros the Red In Space Ranger
's mom beat stage 2 lung cancer My time is: 10:04 AM
Score: 620
TR code credit
naïve's Avatarnaïve

QUOTE originally posted by Prf X

How will the Matchup Checker work in the update?
the purpose of the matchup checker is to show you what the % of your bp is. So it would ideally function the same? Just with the new equations.
Type Race Score: 14,680
[ journal ] Buying @ 15zc | Buying @ 15zc | Buying @ 30zc
impish.sei's Avatarimpish.sei
Especially in dealing with pokemon that aren't the exact same species - Niet also said that he was going to expand its view to show the minutiae of the breeding % better. sure, if you're breeding the same species you wont need it but the same could functionally be said now, too
Is there any update on the progress of this update??
Icon is my fursona
★Drawn by a close friend of mine, used with permission
🎭My Shop🎭
Type Race Score: 1230
TR Credit: Hakano Riku/Guide
BigBadBowser's AvatarBigBadBowser
I wish to know this as well.
Score: 1504
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
-Favored Natures: Any/Sour! (Quirky Perferred!) -Spars and Mass Clicks are always welcome! -Do not offer me anything unless you are going to follow through! -Forum Avatar is Bowser's official victory pose from Super Mario RPG!

Pages: 123··· 46474849

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page