PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 4243444546474849

Leacky's AvatarLeacky
@Cycloneferno: I know how the process of rebuilding my pairs would work. It's just that I'd have to practically sacrifice at least several weeks, if not months, of Melan hunting just to Everstone breed and hatch all the Pokemon I need.
Credits: *Image of Purple Glaceon used with permission* *Avatar is an official Glaceon sprite from Pokemon Conquest*
I'm back! *My new Shop*
Cycloneferno's AvatarCycloneferno

QUOTE originally posted by Leacky

@Cycloneferno: I know how the process of rebuilding my pairs would work. It's just that I'd have to practically sacrifice at least several weeks, if not months, of Melan hunting just to Everstone breed and hatch all the Pokemon I need.
Discounting the fact that you can still melan hunt with suboptimal pairs until you get better pairs, and that there are many, MANY people who have free field services you can use, it would not take you 'several weeks' to build up the breeding pairs you need. We can prove this using math. Currently, the pokedex lists 710 seperate eggdexes. Excluding legendaries and Ditto, this is cut down to 610. For sake of argument, let's assume you need to build every single breeding pair from scratch, including ditto pairs and variants with alternative breeding methods. We'll also assume that you'll need an average of 2 eggs to get the nature you're looking for, as that follows the 50% transfer rate average for the everstone pre-BW2. Further assuming that you have the daycare expansion, and that you are only using the free daycare eggs each day: (610x2)/25 = 48.8 Meaning that it'd take you 49 days on average just from the free daycare eggs. If you have hypermode, this falls to 25 days: (610x2)/50 = 24.4 Keep in mind this is assuming you are only using the daycare. In real terms just getting the mons will take considerably less time thanks to the shelter, trade shops, wonder trade, etc. They may not be nearly as good a guarantee of getting the nature you need, but they still contribute. Also bear in mind that, arguably, some pokemon are more efficiently hunted through the supplier should you have the resources, most notably the swarm and common eggs that come very quickly and tend to have low exp thresholds. The only way getting the breeding pairs you need takes 'several weeks' is if you actively sabotage your efforts to collect them. In more realistic terms it should only take you a couple to collect the mons you need. Raising the levels of those mons shouldn't be an issue since you only need to prioritise the next hunt's pair first and foremost and the showcase doubles up as passive exp gain for the mons put there. TL:DR: It doesn't take 'several weeks' to create your breeding pairs if you focus on making them, even if you started from zero.
Leacky's AvatarLeacky
Keep in mind that Pokemon have genders so you can still get unlucky and get the correct nature on a wrong gender. So you need to multiply your math by at least 2, just to be sure Edit: And I'd never waste my HM on making BPs
Tempura778's AvatarTempura778
Then there’s also the rare genders, which can really send you on an RNG trip
The fiery gal and good luck charm:
× 45 / 1000
An eventual Melan Munkidori hunt (Not actively buying at the moment) Credit to BlueBlissey for September ‘23 Normal Trophy

QUOTE originally posted by Tempura778

Then there’s also the rare genders, which can really send you on an RNG trip
It can also work in your favour if you start with the rarer gender, something I mention in my initial post. But you and Leacky are right in saying I forgot to factor in gender in my assessment. That would mean that assuming a 50/50 gender split, it takes an average of 49 days to get every breeding pair you'd need just from daycare eggs with hypermode, and over 90 without. However, if you're exercising due diligence and making use of everything available to you, chances are good you won't come anywhere near that number. - The lab gives you access to free eggs for the majority of the eggdex. - The fishing hut gives you access to large chunks of the water-type roster. - The shelter can have practically any egg there, and can help you bypass the daycare limit if you look for your own eggs. - The supplier gives you access to almost any previously hatched egg in the game, and in the case of swarm and common eggs can be used frequently even with no supplier passes. - Trading allows you to bypass any need to hatch eggs altogether, and is nigh essential to getting the OT bonus. Also keep in mind, the vast majority of people aren't going to have breeding pairs for every possible breedable eggdex in the game. That is something a miniscule amount of the playerbase are going to even consider as a problem. So I stand by my statement that it does not take you 'several weeks' to create the requisite breeding pairs if you're diligent.
Emma Aruna's AvatarEmma Aruna
yep, we understand what it will take to regain people's pairs they will have lost. if anything, you've quantified it. The Issue people have with it... the work is already been done. People Dont Want To Redo it. No matter how easy it will be in the new system. it'll still take decent time out of their own, or theirs and their friends schedules. And No-Pref hunters were the only ones effected. not that they were asking for 'Everyone' to be effected either. i'd honestly rather not 'Everyone' at this point, even being No-Pref myself atm. but the decent arguements have been made on This topic by this point, i feel.
Type Race Points:0 Check out my shop Here! Shinies/Albinos/and random stuff!~ Summons Collecting! 6,31,14,13,8,11,10,11 Clan Banner! Type Race , Dec 2020, score of: 4920 (formerly e/v and canon swap) Type Race , June 2022, score of: 5060

QUOTE originally posted by Emma Aruna

The Issue people have with it... the work is already been done. People Dont Want To Redo it. No matter how easy it will be in the new system. it'll still take decent time out of their own, or theirs and their friends schedules.
I'm entirely unsympathetic to the time argument because Melan hunting for even a single pokemon is a more time consuming activity than setting up breeding pairs in the new system would be. A single hunt can easily take up a week's worth of your time with most of the bonuses active, and that's assuming you only go for one member of the line. Setting up the breeding pairs is a drop in the ocean in comparison. The game gives you everything a veteran player needs to quickly build up breeding pairs on a silver platter, and even if you can't rebuild them all right away, you're only going to be using one at a time under normal circumstances anyway. And besides that, people are all too willing to help if you can't sacrifice your own time for free. And even then, it's not like your current work has actually been erased. Your breeding pairs still work, in fact i'd reckon most if not all of them would be operating much better than they were before. The assumption that work has to be 'redone' presupposes that people with perfect breeding pairs must have them be perfect before they can continue. You'll have to forgive me for seeing people get upset over the most minor of inconveniences over a principled stance that serves to hinder them more than it helps, and concluding they're being overly perfectionist.
BigBadBowser's AvatarBigBadBowser

QUOTE originally posted by Cycloneferno

I'm entirely unsympathetic to the time argument because Melan hunting for even a single pokemon is a more time consuming activity than setting up breeding pairs in the new system would be. A single hunt can easily take up a week's worth of your time with most of the bonuses active, and that's assuming you only go for one member of the line. Setting up the breeding pairs is a drop in the ocean in comparison.
You do realize not everyone hunts melans, correct? I personally do not like most of them, so I don't bother to waste my time on them. Even if its just a "drop in the ocean in comparison" it still takes time to make the pairs. Not everyone has loads of time to play, therefore the remaking of pairs could take alot longer for someone who works/goes to school, ect as opposed to someone who does have a greater time to play. There are other factors at play.
Score: 1504
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
-Favored Natures: Any/Sour! (Quirky Perferred!) -Spars and Mass Clicks are always welcome! -Do not offer me anything unless you are going to follow through! -Forum Avatar is Bowser's official victory pose from Super Mario RPG!
Emma Aruna's AvatarEmma Aruna

QUOTE originally posted by Cycloneferno

-Snip-
My Bad, You'd started one of your posts with "Not too sure why natures are so contentious an issue here" so i was trying to give reasons for it, even tho we all understand its not changing now. you are the one trying to argue. or something. no need to be Hostile tho. and if you werent, Welp... your post Really came off as such.

QUOTE originally posted by Emma Aruna

My Bad, You'd started one of your posts with "Not too sure why natures are so contentious an issue here" so i was trying to give reasons for it, even tho we all understand its not changing now. you are the one trying to argue. or something. no need to be Hostile tho. and if you werent, Welp... your post Really came off as such.
The beginning statement was a rhetorical phrase meant to lead in to the larger point that the obsession over not having perfect breeding pairs anymore is unreasonable. It is not the crux of my argument, nor have I ever pretended as such. Nor have I pretended that i'm not being argumentative. That's the whole point of me putting my case forward to begin with. People put their case forward, I put mine forward, we disagreed and thus tried to argue our cases. This is not something negative in the slightest, and trying to depict it as such only serves to hinder anyone trying to discuss matters. In any case, it seems further discussion is going to be unfruitful since we're now devolving into attacking the character of the argument as opposed to its content.

Pages: 123··· 4243444546474849

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page