PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 2930313233··· 454647

Blue-Dragon08's AvatarBlue-Dragon08
Wow does everyone have a lot to say about their opinions after what I read. These whole comments flow like one magnetic wave, positive and negative. Back and forth, push and pull. I'm sorry Niet has to deal with the negatives.
NoBrainCells's AvatarNoBrainCells
After sitting on this for a bit, I wanted to add: This would add several more mechanics to the calculations of compatibility for the future. Thinking beyond just this post, I was wondering if there would be a breakdown of these on the daycare page itself? I didn't see mention if it, from what I recall, but I think that adding a description of the factors that go into play when breeding could demystify compatibility factors (like size, stage, nature, etc.). This could go into a separate text box, sort of like how the shelter has the "about the shelter" bar. I think this could totally help new players understand with this and also more tactfully introduce it to veterans. Just a thought. :)
💬
Hello. My name is Ida Wire. I am not from this platform, but you can can certainly make my time here easier by tossing me a berry. Do be wary of Dr. Data.
[ Journal ] ☆Art by me☆ ☆ [0] points.☆
patchi's Avatarpatchi
i just want to say thank you for planning on boosting the exclusive / variant spawn rate; the percentage changes are fair but still retain the relative "rarity" of the exclusives. just this morning i was thinking about how i hoped someday the spawn rates would be buffed, so i'm glad to see it. i think the other changes are interesting as well, and can't wait to see how it all pans out
i'll make a nicer sig at some point avatar: pyroham
Lorne's AvatarLorne
I waited a bit before giving my thoughts, but I hope this insight helps. Compatibility change: This is what I originally held a lot of negativity towards when I first read the post, but that was through my own misunderstanding. Overall, I'm super hyped for this change. I had been attempting for an all 99% pair collection of my collected nature, and I'm thankful I no longer have to get 5 - 20 each of a certain pokemon anymore. While it does negate the work I've already done, I think that this is a net positive overall. (That being said I understand and am empathetic to those who don't care about natures and just want to casually make and produce pairs, it would be nice to see a buff to non-nature specific pairs, assuming it's 66% like I read earlier, but I'm also on board with waiting and seeing how it plays out.) Ditto/Exclusive and Varient buff: Huge W. Only criticism is I wish it was a bigger buff, but I'm biased because I hate hunting them with a passion. But still, huge W. V-Wave: I don't personally have any opinions on this, I click a lot when I am playing the game and naturally produce a lot of eggs, to the point I never check my daycare unless I'm hunting an E/V, I wouldn't notice or care about buff days. I don't really think this would have a huge effect on type race tbh, unless I'm understanding the mechanic wrong, I think it's completely fine to implement without negatively effecting the userbase. Red Giga: Full disclaimer, I'm only someone who uses the red giga occasionally. While I don't think it'd be a noticable dip, I'm not a fan of spending gems to feed it. My primary goal for the past year and a half has been solely on wishforge, and it's a pretty hefty grind. I can understand that gems will eventually need a sink, but I think as it stands right now other users naturally provide that sink through the trade forums. I have to agree with other users that berrys would be a really good solution to this problem that feels like a "natural" mechanic loop. They naturally align with the taste mechanic related to the natures, and there's a huge abundance of them and a whole separate mechanic of the game a majority of players rarely use. Responding to the criticism/drawbacks: Take what I have to say with a grain of salt, I wasn't someone critical of the change but I am someone who works a management/custom-facing role in a company that just made a giant change to their product. My personal conclusion is the general public doesn't like change, and a lot are not open to it, no matter how hard you try to explain it to them. While these are two different situations completely, I've taken a lot of verbal (and one count of physical) abuse from our customer base over our changes, so my general advice is, and isn't meant to be demeaning; don't let it get to you. I know it's hard to do but one of the best things you can do is to distance yourself from the situation and understand that human nature is to be hesitant towards changes, and some process that change in different ways to varying degrees. There will be people who will be understanding and excited, and there will be people who throw drinks at you and call you words that shouldn't be said because you don't have the item they want, no matter how nice or upbeat you are to them. Personally, I wouldn't go back on the changes if you really think it's for the better of the health of the game. That's just my two cents, hope it helps.
༺☆༻ Trade shop ༺☆༻ Art Shop ༺☆༻ 0 ༺☆༻ Buying
25, 50
༺☆༻ Previous hunts ༺☆༻
Icon & Minisprite: me Gif: House of the Dragon
Bossa's AvatarBossa
I don't have much that's worthwhile to say that hasn't already been said multiple times by other players at this point, so I'll just say this. Please try to remember that those of us with positive opinions are often less vocal than people with negative ones.
Emma Aruna's AvatarEmma Aruna
before i jump into it. im fine with the rest of the update. im ok with whats been left in, or if the stuff that was Axed gets put back. But, Nature/Berry pref change for pairs. i get what alot of people are saying. "it wouldnt be too hard to get pairs" ...Going forward with New Pairs, sure. Replacing old No-Pref pairs? Thats my issue. Even if it is a Nifty Concept. if it was just a couple. no problem. but we are talking about Multiple Fields of pairs. i Only have 4 fields of pairs. and thats around 80 pairs. ish, cuz not everything is paired in a couple spots. or a couple pairs arnt maxxed anyway to give away. but Most All are 99% now. still, thats a decent few. on the Other Hand... i know people with 20-30 Fields of No-Pref pairs.... so just because making the pairs themselves is 'easy' or something with this update, Help or no doing that... several hundred times at that point? needing to re-max them all? thats a huge time sinc, that honestly we've already done. and then i saw some people say, "well, your pairs will still be Good!". which, is great, until... you realize that people spent all that time to get all of those pokemon, just the way they wanted them. i Assume they'd still want to have Max% pairs. I Do. Now, while im Entirely fine with the rest of the update, i felt that saying nothing would leave out The points i find important, and at least bring them up for the friends i know. just from a Couple people i know, or have seen people on this thread mention it, i know in General it will take quite a while to fix their pairs. and Thats a big issue i have with it. we will have to Fix our broken pairs. many hundreds of pairs. and on the point of "If this was done at the Start, this wouldnt be a conversation". well, that is correct, but unfortunately, thats not the case at the moment in This pfq. if i were to play a new game and That was the mechanic, i wouldnt bat an eye, and i'd do it. As it stands now, Im just hoping to help point out the Immense amount of time people have put into their Pokemon over time, only to have to redo everything after this update.
Type Race Points:0 Check out my shop Here! Shinies/Albinos/and random stuff!~ Summons Collecting! 6,31,14,13,8,11,10,11 Clan Banner! Type Race , Dec 2020, score of: 4920 (formerly e/v and canon swap) Type Race , June 2022, score of: 5060
annador's Avatarannador
Just gonna drop this lad here... no reason of course. :) Anywho onto the thread. I'm really excited to see the changes come about! I'm usually one to shy away from change, but reading it through seems interesting. The in-depth breakdown of the current system is really nice, and helpful to see how the changes will actually have impact. Because the first impulse is definitely "but 80 is less than 99", but the breakdowns help. The nature change will be *very* nice for people that collect specific natures... although as a quiet/naughty collecter who sometimes uses mixed pairs for breeding.. rip extra boost. :') But overall that will be a unique factor and I'm excited for it! The OT change? 100% here for it. So many times I'm able to get one friend on to find a pokemon for me, but finding a third to test for both of us? Little hard. The adjusting compatability for old pairs will be a touch annoying to adjust, since I definitely have many in different evolution stages, but it is what it is. I think it's neat to account for the dynamic changes in evolution. Overall, really pleased with how in depth the post is, compared to what I recall from years ago. Thank you for taking the time to write it all up.
Passively collecting ; ♦ Credits for ??? ♥ Steel Statues for Registeel ♦ Delta points for Milcery / Kitwurm Avatar from BananaLizard for my use ♥
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Here's a thought that just popped into my head. If I weren't buffing E/V rates, the odds of twin E/V eggs would be 1%... But with the buff it will be 6.25%. Still tiny, but so incredibly better than without the buff XD
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
naïve's Avatarnaïve

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Here's a thought that just popped into my head. If I weren't buffing E/V rates, the odds of twin E/V eggs would be 1%... But with the buff it will be 6.25%. Still tiny, but so incredibly better than without the buff XD
i say we forget everything that happened the first 15 pages and just continue because wow i need melan glaquine
Type Race Score: 0
[ journal ]
InsaneMandii's AvatarInsaneMandii
Forgetting however many previous pages isn't fair to everyone else who has expressed their issues with this update. I for one still feel the same way I did with the first post I made. You can't just ignore everyone's concerns because you found one thing you like.
Call me Mandii, I use she/her pronouns. Think we should re-look at special rates? Check here Pic by Thunderjaw, template by Moss Dragon, pfp info in journal, depends on image!
Made by Vandi

Pages: 123··· 2930313233··· 454647

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page