PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 2829303132··· 474849

Tempura778's AvatarTempura778
I’ve had time to sit on everything, so here’s the whole spiel from a shrimp who’s heading home from college: The more I sat on the harsh words from some, the more frustrated I grew. I’ll be honest, I went from disappointment that features were getting axed (yes, I was iffy on some, but wasn’t at a total loss either), but was still looking forward to stuff. To see Niet frustrated to the point that he was one step from scrapping the entire update was, as mentioned, disappointing at first. However, as I read back on everything, it honestly became frustrating at the words used. Even a few minutes to digest the information would likely have helped, before whipping out pitchforks and torches. As one mentioned earlier in the chat, TR likely spurred the hostility (a real “oh no, another modifier for V-Wave” reaction). But really, do the modifiers really matter? Both the existing and proposed ones? In terms of the existing modifiers, all that’s really there is a 10% boost to experience and the ability to buy Z-Fragments with DP. Nothing to sneeze at, but nothing major either. As well as this, I’m sure the additional modifiers would have made up for the negative deductions. The Red Gig, yes, I was iffy on that too, but not as if I usually use it unless I need eggs ASAP. And even then, it’s not that hard to make up gems spent to keep the ball rolling. All and all, I am frustrated that this backlash happened in the first place, and to the point that some features got axed and the entire update was almost scrapped because of all this, especially losing the autofeeder for the Red Gig. I do hope at least some of the features are reconsidered in some shape or form, and that Niet took a well deserved breather. As seen in more recent posts, I’m far from the only one disappointed in losing some strong features. If there’s any way to trial them regardless, that’d be great TL;DR Please take a few minutes to digest things, so that an inferno doesn’t start.
The fiery gal and good luck charm:
× 45 / 1000
An eventual Melan Munkidori hunt (Not actively buying at the moment) Credit to BlueBlissey for September ‘23 Normal Trophy
Silverfang405's AvatarSilverfang405

QUOTE originally posted by Tempura778

-cut- All and all, I am frustrated that this backlash happened in the first place, and to the point that some features got axed and the entire update was almost scrapped because of all this, especially losing the autofeeder for the Red Gig. I do hope at least some of the features are reconsidered in some shape or form, and that Niet took a well deserved breather. As seen in more recent posts, I’m far from the only one disappointed in losing some strong features. If there’s any way to trial them regardless, that’d be great.
As someone who was critical I am all for a trial, to make a suggestion since something many were worried about(myself included) why not trial this during the next type race? Or a type race atleast depending on how fast implementing goes. The proof is in the pudding, see how things go and moderate the team scores to see the effect. You can even compare it to former months scores to see if there's an effect, if someone graphs the scores it could show how little the effect really is. I'm not against trying the update and then if it is noticeable variables could be changed correct?
Roxcine's AvatarRoxcine
I was outside for work today and I pondered a lot about everything and to tack onto what I said previously pages ago. Overall the original ideas weren't bad at all. Like Tempura and many said, the pitchforks came out way too fast and no one had a moment to properly process everything. To Niet: Please, do not let all this discourage you. Ultimately this is your site and frankly, you and the Staff are trying to do whats best for us as a whole with both pros and cons. Not everything is going to be perfect for the entire userbase, but if you feel the need to emplement these specific changes you've chosen, then frankly, users are going to have to put on some big-kid shorts and deal with it because this is your site, its your code, and you're trying to help us in the best way you can with this. I appreciate what you are doing and especially with these changes <3 However, to the previous points and what was taken away and discard / other concerns. The Red Gig: Yes, a lot of us are upset with the changes, this is understandable. But you have to look at it from another user's point of view. If one user has ALL WISHOLLY badges, then what use do they have for gems other than to sell them? Absolutely nothing. Granted, a user that doesn't have all Wisholly. Please. ONE GEM is equal to 10 minutes of boosted egg production. The ammount of eggs you could hatch in that time more than makes up for the one you just used. Let alone its now produced more eggs. So say you were able to breed 50 Eggs in that 10 Minutes. Now you don't use the Red Gig again, you turn it off. You hatch all those eggs. You now have 49 Gems. Its not that bad. Granted, I saw a user mention Berries as an option. Which agreed, it would make it a use to actually go to the berry garden! Or even just like with the Poke-blocks, maybe we use Berries to craft into something that can be used in place. Again, it was mentioned with Berries that maybe they could be less. But this would give multiple options to players that if someone wanted to use a Berry for 5 minutes as opposed to 10, then they can. Thats their choice. But people, this is also an OPTION. You are not required to own or use a Red Gig. If its that much of an issue, we have a Market Board. V-Wave: I wasn't onboard with this at first but rethinking it. Its not that big of a deal. If an average user (taking myself as example) works a full-time job. There is only 6 hours inbetween the time I go to sleep for the night and when I get off work the next day. 6 hours. Thats not including cooking food, eating, socializing with my roommate who is better than half the people I talked to throughout the work-day, playing a game to wind down. Maybe I wanted to read a book or play on the switch for an hour or so before getting on PFQ. Well at that point, maybe i'm down to only 3 hours. Unless I'm using a Super Lucky Egg or have Rus am I going to be able to hatch enough eggs to warrent the problems people have with the V-Wave. This is taking me, with 3 hours to click as many fields as possible and hatch what I can. Now I'm not a percentage person but if I click a field that is 10,000 pokemon. And thats all I do, even with an 80% pair which is under the 100% for I believe stated 1 Egg every 64 Interactions. I would still get 156 or so eggs without boosts. There is absolutely no way I could hatch all of those in 3 hours before bed because then, by the time I'd get around to it again, they're in the shelter. So if my pair is 100% and I get a -16% because of the V-Wave. That is still more than I can hatch. A type race team gets a small boost. Okay? Honestly no type race I've been apart of, have they come out in First Place. So thats not an issue. Is it the team goal? Well everyone is trying their best regardless but even life can happen. We had tornados where I was legit just the day before last. Maybe my internet got nocked out. Well its not going to matter anyway for me at that point. Bottom line, V-wave needs another reason to be around because right now its just boosting XP gain and that only goes so far. Its not the end of the world and honestly, I feel we can learn to live with it. Overall, nothing in this post is meant to be rude or hostile. This is all my personal opinions having too much quiet time in my head at work while dealing with customers. Sometimes it feels like the userbase has the pitchforks at the ready whenever something *slightly* veers of course and I do hope that the Staff do not take any of the frustration to heart. Y'all are doing an amazing job and doing what is best for the site as a whole. In all honesty, if someone dislikes the changes enough and they decide to quit, that is not on the Staff and its not their fault as much as people would like to blame them for every little thing. Please keep it up and I hope to see these changes implemented (mostly so I can get started on finding new pairs and figuring out things properly XD) Best suggestion I can give is have it be around for a month or so then take a user poll to see what people think after a while. Change takes time and we all need patience <3
Favorite Pokemon
©
Code by Saskiawolf Character owned by Saskiawolf Avatar & Character on template by Temporal! <3
BigBadBowser's AvatarBigBadBowser
My main concern with this update is the fact that the majority of the playerbase that has worked on breeding pairs will have to redo them. People have worked hard and spent credits/gold/zc to get pairs from other players to make effective pairs. This takes a long time, depending on how many pairs that each player posesses. I just don't want to see other player's hard work (mine as well) tossed into the dirt. For the red gig: I like the berry idea as long as it replaces the happiness drain while the berries are fed to it. I would like to see the auto feeder brought back with a way to add a certain amount to it.
Score: 1312
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
-Favored Natures: Any/Sour! (Quirky Perferred!) -Spars and Mass Clicks are always welcome! -Do not offer me anything unless you are going to follow through! -Forum Avatar is Bowser's official victory pose from Super Mario RPG!
Taavi's AvatarTaavi
Totally didn't just the whole post and the linked post just cause I don't wanna study for my exam lmao. The updates seem a lot of fun. Looking forward to them.
Roxcine's AvatarRoxcine

QUOTE originally posted by BigBadBowser

My main concern with this update is the fact that the majority of the playerbase that has worked on breeding pairs will have to redo them. People have worked hard and spent credits/gold/zc to get pairs from other players to make effective pairs. This takes a long time, depending on how many pairs that each player posesses. I just don't want to see other player's hard work (mine as well) tossed into the dirt. For the red gig: I like the berry idea as long as it replaces the happiness drain while the berries are fed to it. I would like to see the auto feeder brought back with a way to add a certain amount to it.
While that is a concern; granted there are reasons its not that big of a deal. Yeah I have currently (not as many as others) 20 Docile/Bashful pairs because those are my favorites. Sure, most of them wont work with the new updates. But I now have two pokemon, one of which could've been bred by me, or both bred by others. To find a pair with. Granted, even doing what I do now. Get a pokemon (currently you'd have one or two ready to go), breed them even with the low percentage it could have. And hatch eggs until you get a same nature and try those. Now you have a higher percentage to rinse and repeat. Is it long-winded potentially? Yes. But we all know people are going to do it because they want a melan, their a completionist, or frankly they just want something mindless to do. Its not the end of the world, its just inconvenient. And people don't have to do all of that Day One. They can simply wait until their closer to the time they'd like to hunt their next pokemon and then take a little time scouring the shelter for some or check with others because normal pokemon aren't going to be any more expensive than they already are. People sell or give away their normal pokemon to others because it gets them out of their field, they like helping the community and if they have something someone else needs, great! Or they just get released to the shelter and someone can find it that way. To me, its just an inconvience that doesn't need to be take care of by any user at that exact moment so to me its not that big of a deal because someone can jsut keep the nature they want if its specific and work with friends to get pairs again. (sorry for the long-winded messages >.>)
JackBooWow248's AvatarJackBooWow248
I actually really like these new changes being added to the daycare. It helps add a lot more depth to this system and it should make using it even more interesting. Those are some epic plans Niet!
Hello World! :3 Someday I will have the most Genesect in the entire site lol Current number of Genesects owned: 526
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Art for Galaxy, Genesect and Boo.
maji's Avatarmaji
I've been waiting and skimming this post since it was posted and after sitting on it, I wanted to chime in even though I. Never participate after seeing things go south too many times. I want to open by saying nothing I say here is hostile or negative, I can understand both sides of all of the reactions equally. Of course it's hard to receive hesitancy on an idea someone may think was good for them, and the reverse is true as well. Over a long time I have noticed a running theme of disagreement & unexpected feedback being labeled as "negativity" on more than one occassion and even as someone who does not participate in much discussion for my own reasons, this is absolutely disheartening. Someone will not always hit the mark, thats a fact of life, but i saw No outright negativity or hostility in this thread, as i tend not to when things like this have happened in the past. I think we all have to see where each other are coming from despite our feelings for how the game treats Us Personally. Labeling and brushing off a community as just being negative is a great way to get nothing but an echo chamber! /lh With that being said, I didn't, nor will I talk about my thoughts or opinions on specifics of the update as a whole because: personally I didn't and don't fully understand. Which I think A LOT of people struggled with considering how many inaccurate explanaitions or statements made by people in regards to trying to make sense of it. And that brings me to: Clarity and Transparency! I truly do think this is something thats gotten better over time, without a doubt! With that being said, as someone who isn't a coder and someone who is admittedly AWFUL at math- I think updates heavily reliant of the understanding of the new values/percentages/numbers/whatever! should have easier to follow means such as spreadsheets, charts, graphs. I truly do think EVERYONE was confused and this is reinforced by a large portion of people saying "After I saw more explanations and could wrap my head around it, I actually feel better!" I'm happy this is such a passionate community and I want no one to feel disheartened by feeling their opinions were discarded :) Apologies for the length!
MEG • SHE/THEY• 24 SHOPJOURNALTOYHOUSE SCORE: 1600
Xygallix's AvatarXygallix

QUOTE originally posted by BigBadBowser

To be fair, we were warned that might/would be the case back in January. These changes make it easier to replace the pairs we lose and at least we did have a fair bit of warning this was likely to affect our existing pairs. I've not bothered making many pairs over the last month or two because I knew this was coming. I figured I'd wait and see what was changing before planning too far ahead. I did absent mindedly make pairs ready for a hunt I want to do in May but... Honestly that's my own fault, within an hour I realised I'd probably wasted my time lol. At least they'll be easily fixed up before I need them :) It'll also be a lot easier to sort new pairs now we can breed partners. Give one an everstone, breed it, hatch the egg, repeat until you get the correct gender and nature to pair with it. It should be that easy... I hope XD I'm sure some people will get help from others too - I offered one friend help with new pairs before they even knew if they needed it lol So... Yeah. Big changes. Lots of breeding pairs to redo, but... At least we knew it was likely to happen.
Check out my free fields, full of R/E/V/L and pairs! One of my friends runs a shop, go see her if you want box/shelter hunts, free egg dexing and her free fields!
Silverfang405's AvatarSilverfang405

QUOTE originally posted by maji

-cut- Clarity and Transparency! I truly do think this is something thats gotten better over time, without a doubt! With that being said, as someone who isn't a coder and someone who is admittedly AWFUL at math- I think updates heavily reliant of the understanding of the new values/percentages/numbers/whatever! should have easier to follow means such as spreadsheets, charts, graphs. I truly do think EVERYONE was confused and this is reinforced by a large portion of people saying "After I saw more explanations and could wrap my head around it, I actually feel better!" I'm happy this is such a passionate community and I want no one to feel disheartened by feeling their opinions were discarded :) Apologies for the length!
I agree with this stance because personally I started to understand more as things were elaborated on in the thread, personally made my stance more positive to see things broken down and the math done. Maybe, hypothetically, the update posts could be read over by a few other people in order to make sure it's understandable so that adjustments could be made to parts that are hard to understand as well as addressing questions before it's posted to everyone. Maybe a control group in the discord made up of normal users, not mods or people with better understanding of the sites inner workings. A lot of people rely on others to read over their writing and maybe it could do everyone some good for that to be the case here. Just a suggestion! Heck there could be a form or sign up on the discord to be part of the initial group instead of hand picking them entirely

Pages: 123··· 2829303132··· 474849

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page