PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 2627282930··· 474849

Kahuna's Avatarhypermode-12.pngKahuna
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by cemeterysdrive

The Red Gigaremo is not something I use (or even own) but I was thinking it over before I came back and saw it was scrapped. I was actually leaning towards getting it because the only reason I haven't is because the happiness drain. Being able to slow that down with one, singular gem? Sign me up actually.
This was not what the change was going to be - happiness would still drain at the same rate as it did before, the Gigaremo would just require a gem in addition. If the gem did not match the type, happiness would've drained faster than before. I had suggested earlier in the thread that a matching gem should slow the happiness loss so it's not a total nerf, which I still personally don't think is a bad idea, but I also don't mind it just staying as it is now.
If I forget to respond to a post or trade please PM me! I may have forgotten to subscribe. Avatar from Pokémon Showdown April Fools Day sprites, recolored by me.
SeshieLover's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSeshieLover
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
I would just like to say sorry to niet for having all this backlash to deal with. Please hold in there and don't take this stuff to heart. If you need to step away and take a breath please step back and take a beep breath before tackling all of us again. Now onto what I personally think. I haven't read every post in the thread but going off what niet is saying and what the first post says. Most of these updates are either awesome to be getting or at least acceptable. The red gig consuming gems isn't something I really like at all but I can understand where giving gems a use that uses them besides our badges is being added. I don't like this but I don't have a problem with it either. The pair match up for me personally is amazing as I am a nature hunter but the nature having an effect on the pair percentage I feel like shouldn't have been/be added as only a small percentage of users care at all about nature and even about half of the ones that due don't stick to one nature. Now with the numbers I have seen tossed around here I don't think it will be that big of a deal over all but at the same time I can completely understand why this isn't liked by a lot of users. I personally love it as a nature hunter. I do think this will make IV hunting something that is extremely hard now. I personally think the v wave effecting breeding at all is bad even if the nerf still gives you over 100% main reason because of how I see this effecting the tr and give advantage/disadvantage. Now the tr might very well not be effected all that much but I still feel like it will be. I would be very much in favor of the vwave buff/nerf being shut off during the tr as that would eliminate teams having advantage/disadvantages. I also wonder how a pair would work if say the mom is a normal pokes (gets nerfed) and Dad is delta that (gets boost) from the vwave. Would this like cancel our or still get nerfed/buffed? Don't really got anything other than those things to say atm.
My type racenormal.png687. My trade thread can be found here
summon_sui.png × 154 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14
Atlas273's Avatarhypermode-12.pngAtlas273
hypermode.pngultra.pnge.png

QUOTE originally posted by Raziya

I know you are frustrated Niet, reading hard feedback and the feeling of being dogpiled is awful. But I am personally hoping you reconsider and move forward with your initial changes. Even if the V-Wave is negative, it's still more than what we have now? And the gumball machine changes (I am terrible at spelling it's name) I thought were nice as well, even though I am still working on Wishalloy myself. The auto feeder especially. I don't variant hunt much myself because frankly it's a massive pain and I was quite looking forward to these changes in order to remedy that. [Shortened]
I second this! The friend that got me started playing on here was so excited about the update, and she got me excited about it, so to find out that it drastically changed before I even got to read the details kind of bothers me. As I read more, it sounds like an interesting concept and I'm very upset that I might not get to see what effects it has. How are we judging this before we even got to actually try it? I mean, I guess I get it, I'm not usually a fan of change either, but it seemed promising and I was curious about it.
Atlas, they/them, Giver of Pikachus, Bidoofs, and Other Assorted Mons. Badges by ETV331 (link here!)
Score: 153
dalia's Avatarhypermode-12.pngdalia
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png
i'm gonna refrain from commenting on any of the previous discussion because it is simply too much for my brain personally, i use the red gig every so often, and i'm also building up my wishforge badges, so my initial reaction to the proposed change was hesitant i know it has already been said that there will be no change to the red gig for now. but i want to offer a suggestion: what about berries? as a player thats active in type races, tourneys, hunting, etc. i often NEVER use berries (aside from the contests sometimes). i never go to the berry garden because...i just dont need to each berry has a flavor preference that aligns with pokemon flavor preference. so rather than the gem type needing to match the breeding pair, it would instead be the berry flavour matching the pairing flavour preference theres also common berries vs rare, maybe common berries would give the 10 minute use while rare berries have a longer duration, similar to the idea of small/medium/large/flawless gems being used not only would this offset the issue people have with using gems, but it would also encourage people to use their berry garden more. honestly i wish there was more of a reason to use it, cuz its cute! but as of right now, i just don't have a use for it. perhaps this would be too complicated to implement, or is a silly idea all together, but i just wanted to throw it out there.
dalia | 25 | they/them | journal sweet and spicy collector! Type Race Score; dragon.png 10060
credit
Twickers14's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTwickers14
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc+.png
After reading A LOT of different opinions and responses from Niet, I honestly want to say I’m pretty happy with this update. Way back when a daycare update was first brought up, I have to admit I was against it. I have a ton of experience with the current system and have already made all my breeding pairs, so the thought of remaking them all sounded very daunting to me. That being said, the positives this update will bring far outweigh the potential negatives! I love the new ability to fill your whole party with daycare eggs in one click!!!! That’s so handy and will definitely put less of a strain on my terrible internet lol. Also the amount of adopts from the daycare being buffed is amazing!!!! That will definitely help with E/V hunt cost! I dipped my toes into it last type race and ended up using a little over 700 daycare passes in 7 days, so my wallet thanks you lol! I also love the base breeding pair chance being buffed and party clicks sometimes counting double for progressing breeding cycles! I think these are such good updates and I’m very excited to see how they play out! Touching on some things that other players have mentioned:

QUOTE originally posted by moonrays

now, i have a suggestion. maybe the gem part could be optional? it just makes your pokemon's happiness drain slower. an example would be: let's say it takes 2k-3k clicks to drain your pokemon's happiness to where it doesn't affect the % without using gems. but, when using gems, it takes 5k-7k clicks to drain them to that place, IF the proper gems are being used.
I really like this idea! I think it would be a good compromise and is still in line with what the update is trying to do. I understand that it was mentioned that using gems to power the Gigaremo was going to be used so that gems have an infinite use (I know wishforge is basically infinite since it takes so many gems to finish it, but eventually someone will and then gems won’t be as useful to them). I think that having gems be optional would be very helpful to veteran players who have an excess of gems/already have high wishforge badges, while also not hindering those who are trying to use the gigaremo and also upgrade badges! Based on the math Niet provided, it seems like the gem cost would have been negligible, but honestly every gem counts when trying to get some of the higher badges XD

QUOTE originally posted by Shirarisun

i'm all for the v-wave having additional effects beyond the exp bonus …. (maybe increasing certain types of eggs spawning in the lab, or maybe even when fishing? idk, just throwing stuff around.)
I also like this suggestion a lot! I think it would be super interesting for V-wave to affect what shows up in the lab or in the fishing game! It would be very interesting to see how a lab/v-wave combo would effect type race, especially since this type race I’ve been doing an exclusive hunt and have mostly been pulling from the lab in between eggs! I also think adding it to the fishing game would be fun, since you could focus on specific days if you are trying to catch something specific!

QUOTE originally posted by Neonyan

From the previous thread proposing the 2024 changes, removing RNG from the base percentages in pair making was not something on the table at first. This came from a concern from players that their pre made max % pairs would be recalculated. for players with every pair possible, this was a devestating prospect. Your compromise and discussion seemed to state that removing the RNG variable would help preserve most of these pairs, barring their size or species differences. However, with the addition of matching natures influencing the base compatibility, this will undo a massive amount of the pairs on site. Anyone who’s not a nature collector with a complete collection of pairs is probably going to have to start from scratch.
I also just wanted to touch on this. When I first read the planned updates this was also my fear. I believe the vast majority of my pairs are not nature matching, so I was pretty much despairing remaking all of my pairs. Honestly though after thinking about it, I don’t think it’ll be too bad. With only one different OT being needed now, hatching or finding a replacement pokemon won’t be too awful. If two different OTs were needed, this would be a whole different story. With enough patience you could probably remake all your pairs with no outside help if needed. Luckily for me, I have some great friends onsite to help with pair making (thank you Xygallix!!). This site also has a great community, so I think people who are concerned with remaking pairs will hopefully be able to receive help if they need it! I know this post is already very very long, but just want to end it by saying that even though the initial replies to this update were negative, it does not reflect the community’s feeling for the site, or you, Niet. I know we are all very grateful for the increased responses and updates you are putting into the site. I have very rarely seen a site where it feels the like mods and dev are listening to the player base and actually care about their opinions. I hope you know that the vast majority of the player base are behind you and I hope you are taking breaks and resting as needed! <3
SeshieLover's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSeshieLover
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png

quote Dalia

QUOTE originally posted by dalia

i'm gonna refrain from commenting on any of the previous discussion because it is simply too much for my brain personally, i use the red gig every so often, and i'm also building up my wishforge badges, so my initial reaction to the proposed change was hesitant i know it has already been said that there will be no change to the red gig for now. but i want to offer a suggestion: what about berries? as a player thats active in type races, tourneys, hunting, etc. i often NEVER use berries (aside from the contests sometimes). i never go to the berry garden because...i just dont need to each berry has a flavor preference that aligns with pokemon flavor preference. so rather than the gem type needing to match the breeding pair, it would instead be the berry flavour matching the pairing flavour preference theres also common berries vs rare, maybe common berries would give the 10 minute use while rare berries have a longer duration, similar to the idea of small/medium/large/flawless gems being used not only would this offset the issue people have with using gems, but it would also encourage people to use their berry garden more. honestly i wish there was more of a reason to use it, cuz its cute! but as of right now, i just don't have a use for it. perhaps this would be too complicated to implement, or is a silly idea all together, but i just wanted to throw it out there.
I love the idea of using berries instead of gems this is a great idea. It would not only give users more reason to use the berry garden but also give berries more value.

QUOTE originally posted by Kahuna

QUOTE originally posted by cemeterysdrive

The Red Gigaremo is not something I use (or even own) but I was thinking it over before I came back and saw it was scrapped. I was actually leaning towards getting it because the only reason I haven't is because the happiness drain. Being able to slow that down with one, singular gem? Sign me up actually.
This was not what the change was going to be - happiness would still drain at the same rate as it did before, the Gigaremo would just require a gem in addition. If the gem did not match the type, happiness would've drained faster than before. I had suggested earlier in the thread that a matching gem should slow the happiness loss so it's not a total nerf, which I still personally don't think is a bad idea, but I also don't mind it just staying as it is now.
Ah yeah! That's what I meant! If that would've been added as well but what my brain told me to say and what it actually wrote out were not exactly the same oops! This as well as using a just a gem to power it would've been enough to have me possibly look into using the Red Gigaremo. Though dalia has a good idea with using berries instead to give them an extra use outside of pokeblocks and changing the color of your clothing in the avatar customization. I don't really use my garden unless I need to get a contest stat up or perfect berries to evolve a mon. But gems do only have wishforge growth while berries have a few other uses. Maybe it can be a choice? Like berries can power it and the rarity will affect how long but still shorter times than gems? I don't have the know how though on how that would work at all.
PFP of V from BTS edited by my best friend
2nd Place Team Flying March 2024! Made by Juku!
Score: 1688
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
KaidaMcWoomy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngKaidaMcWoomy
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png
I'm just gonna stick everything in accordions cause this is probably gonna be a long post...

Apology to Niet

I apologize if my previous post on this matter came across as rude or vitriolic. It wasn't my intention to at all >_< I have a lot of trouble with tone and being blunt, and I guess that what I wrote came across not the way I was intending it to be. (not trying to excuse it or say Niet's feelings on what I wrote aren't valid, just trying to provide context from my end). I'm really sorry if I contributed to the dogpiling dumpster fire. Regarding the natures/food preference thing, that's probably directed in part at me since it was something that I brought up. I wasn't intending for my question as to why the natures got added in to be interpreted as a demand, and I'm sorry that it was. I was genuinely curious but I must not have expressed it right. Having it explained more as "shared interests" rather than "food preference" makes more sense now. Regarding the changes outlined in the update to the update post, here are my thoughts now. I apologize if they come across as rude or harsh - I genuinely do not mean them that way.

My general feelings

Honestly I'm not really sure how I feel now. Like I said in my original post, I do like some of the buffs that were implemented. In particular, I'm really happy about only needing one Pokemon to have a different OT to get the OT bonus. That is going to make making E/V pairs a lot easier, especially for ones with rare genders like Valimp. I also appreciate that with the spyglass you'll be able to release eggs by species. That'll be helpful when breeding variants or mixed-species pairs. Overall, I do like the base compatibility being reevaluated every time the pairs meet after evolution changes. At the same time though I do feel badly that the criticisms I and other players left cause some of the changes Niet had worked hard on to be discarded.

V-Wave

Personally I am glad that the V-Wave influencing breeding is being removed, even if it lowers the max chance of twin eggs overall. My main concern with the V-Wave was the disproportionate affect it would have on types like grass and rock, vs types that did not have a lot of weaknesses and/or had lots of resistances (like steel, dragon, normal). Seeing the secondary post that was made trying to break the math for the V-Wave down further definitely helped me feel a bit better about it when it was still planned on being implemented. I still wasn't a fan of it, but it did help me feel less concerned about it causing an even greater discrepancy between teams during the type race.

Natures

I'll be honest, and I do not intend for this to be said in a rude manner, I still am not super thrilled about natures being part of the base SC. Prior to this update, I personally did not make pairs based on nature - that is to say I did not prefer "mixed" nature pairs over "same nature" or even "same berry preference" pairs. I made them based on having different OTs and being as close to 99% base compatibility as possible. Now that natures have to be taken into account for base SC I'm going to have to restructure a lot more pairs that I originally estimated. I would personally prefer if natures were a dynamic modifier rather than part of the base SC. But again, that is my personal opinion, and I don't know how many players make pairs in the same way that I do. It could be very little. I do understand the rationale and motivations behind Niet's reasoning better now though, and I do appreciate him explaining it. I am also still confused as to how the "neutral preference" natures work for SC calculations since they're caused by overlapping the loved flavor with the hated flavor. Let's say I have two Pikachu. One has a hardy nature, so it's "surface" preference is that it likes any food and has no disliked food, but it's "hidden" preferences is that it likes spicy food and hates spicy food. The other one has a docile nature, so it's "surface" preference is that it likes any food and has no disliked food, but it's "hidden" preference is that it likes sour food and hates sour food. Which set of likes/dislikes gets used in the compatability check - the "surface" ones, or the "hidden" ones? Cause there's two outcomes and both of them are different:
  • Surface preference gets used - the pair gets +14 cause it shares a preference (any food) and a hatred (not having a hatred). This makes it functionally the same as breeding a docile/docile pair of pikachu, or a hardy/hardy pair, even though they have different natures
  • Hidden preference gets used - the pair gets +0 because they have different preferences and hatreds. Functionally it'd be the same as breeding a Timid (likes sweet hates spicy) and a Relaxed (likes spicy hates sweet) pair of Pikachu
I can see the logic behind using either case. I'm guessing it's the second one, but I'm not sure and would greatly appreciate clarification.

Red Gigaremo

I wasn't really against the Red Gigaremo having an additional cost. Confused, sure, since I thought the lowered happiness was the cost, but not fully against it. I do prefer the idea of gems being used to augment the Red Gigaremo rather than it being a required cost, or my own idea of the required cost being paid in interaction points rather than gems, but even if it had gotten implemented in the way the first post described I wouldn't have been fully against it. I do see how my original comments could have been interpreted as rude or upset when I was intending more of a "confused, curious" angle, though
She/Her please! I have free fields and free breeding pairs to give away so go to my shop if you want any! Please don't send trade related pms :) Previous Hunt: b.png r.png Current Hunt: b.png k.png with a 3208 chain Type Race: dragon.png 3074
Oh I LOVE the berry idea thats been put in here oh my god wait
Toby • He/Him • 20+ SHOPDEXINGBAIT SHOPHUBBY I'm a 20+ year old furry artist and future VTuber, I'm a trans man so please only use he/him pronouns for me! Above are links to my shop (check out if you see any mons in my UFT field), my thread for completing my Pokedex, my hutning bait shop, and to my husband who I love dearly <3! Pfp is by Keclo!
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by KaidaMcWoomy

Regarding the natures/food preference thing, that's probably directed in part at me since it was something that I brought up. I wasn't intending for my question as to why the natures got added in to be interpreted as a demand, and I'm sorry that it was. I was genuinely curious but I must not have expressed it right. Having it explained more as "shared interests" rather than "food preference" makes more sense now.
I just wanted to address this part real quick, but no part of my post was directed at anyone in particular. While you may well have been the person to bring up food preferences, I seem to recall that you weren't one of the demanding ones. But admittedly, the two may have conflated slightly in my mind, and equally may have conflated in the understanding of my own post. I'm sorry for the confusion here, it wasn't meant to be so bluntly directed at you.

QUOTE originally posted by KaidaMcWoomy

I am also still confused as to how the "neutral preference" natures work for SC calculations since they're caused by overlapping the loved flavor with the hated flavor.
To answer this, my current plan is "two neutral natures will count as Shared Preference (+8), unless they're they exact same nature in which case they get the full +14.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 123··· 2627282930··· 474849

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page