PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Daycare Update 2024 plans >

Lorne's AvatarLorne
I waited a bit before giving my thoughts, but I hope this insight helps. Compatibility change: This is what I originally held a lot of negativity towards when I first read the post, but that was through my own misunderstanding. Overall, I'm super hyped for this change. I had been attempting for an all 99% pair collection of my collected nature, and I'm thankful I no longer have to get 5 - 20 each of a certain pokemon anymore. While it does negate the work I've already done, I think that this is a net positive overall. (That being said I understand and am empathetic to those who don't care about natures and just want to casually make and produce pairs, it would be nice to see a buff to non-nature specific pairs, assuming it's 66% like I read earlier, but I'm also on board with waiting and seeing how it plays out.) Ditto/Exclusive and Varient buff: Huge W. Only criticism is I wish it was a bigger buff, but I'm biased because I hate hunting them with a passion. But still, huge W. V-Wave: I don't personally have any opinions on this, I click a lot when I am playing the game and naturally produce a lot of eggs, to the point I never check my daycare unless I'm hunting an E/V, I wouldn't notice or care about buff days. I don't really think this would have a huge effect on type race tbh, unless I'm understanding the mechanic wrong, I think it's completely fine to implement without negatively effecting the userbase. Red Giga: Full disclaimer, I'm only someone who uses the red giga occasionally. While I don't think it'd be a noticable dip, I'm not a fan of spending gems to feed it. My primary goal for the past year and a half has been solely on wishforge, and it's a pretty hefty grind. I can understand that gems will eventually need a sink, but I think as it stands right now other users naturally provide that sink through the trade forums. I have to agree with other users that berrys would be a really good solution to this problem that feels like a "natural" mechanic loop. They naturally align with the taste mechanic related to the natures, and there's a huge abundance of them and a whole separate mechanic of the game a majority of players rarely use. Responding to the criticism/drawbacks: Take what I have to say with a grain of salt, I wasn't someone critical of the change but I am someone who works a management/custom-facing role in a company that just made a giant change to their product. My personal conclusion is the general public doesn't like change, and a lot are not open to it, no matter how hard you try to explain it to them. While these are two different situations completely, I've taken a lot of verbal (and one count of physical) abuse from our customer base over our changes, so my general advice is, and isn't meant to be demeaning; don't let it get to you. I know it's hard to do but one of the best things you can do is to distance yourself from the situation and understand that human nature is to be hesitant towards changes, and some process that change in different ways to varying degrees. There will be people who will be understanding and excited, and there will be people who throw drinks at you and call you words that shouldn't be said because you don't have the item they want, no matter how nice or upbeat you are to them. Personally, I wouldn't go back on the changes if you really think it's for the better of the health of the game. That's just my two cents, hope it helps.
༺☆༻ Trade shop ༺☆༻ Art Shop ༺☆༻ 5834 ༺☆༻ Buying
25, 50
༺☆༻ Previous hunts ༺☆༻
Icon & Minisprite: me Gif: House of the Dragon
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page