PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 477478479480481··· 748749750

Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight

QUOTE originally posted by Cyndalavosion

I didn't play PF1, I have no clue what Dracater looked like, nor did I know what Ryukuza looked like, until I saw Gladion's post. If you perhaps had a sprite from before I could see, for all I know, I could have the same thoughts I had on Ryukuza. I doubt I will though, for the reasons of, Ryukuza is a variant, and Searene is a fakemon. A fakemon is completely original whereas the variant isn't so. Yeah.
here's normal and shiny dracater honestly on pf1 i didn't know what ryukuza was. maybe that's why i'm fine with the new sprite, but i literally didn't even understand the difference between ryukuza and rayquaza other than the closed/open mouth. it's only looking at it 6 years later or whatever that i finally see the arm wings. but yeah
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
SølFøx21's AvatarSølFøx21
I like the new sprite! It looks like a noodle, so... this had to be done.

spoilers? I guess?

You sure?

avatar by official pokemon anime!
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Ok well comparing the two, that is still original to me, so I can't really like... complain? My issue with Ryukuza is that it looks like some poorly done fusion. Sorry to say but like, bluntness put forward, I just see that. That's what comes to mind. The body is different from that to Searene but they're still original, so I like them. Both, if I am honest. I like both. Also where the heck are you even getting these sprites O.o I wanna see the old stuff o3o
Foxat's AvatarFoxat
Also the fact that original Ryukuza was still a amphiptere, but mashed together with Flygon makes it into an actual dragon. I just imagine, "what if you put legs on a normal Rayquaza?" It looks totally ridiculous, even if it's slightly funny. also I managed to find the regular sprite of Dracater from a quick Google search, was about to post it when Gladion sniped me >.< edit: clarity on type of dragon, not that it matters so much, but the extra clarity helps
SpoodleBug's AvatarSpoodleBug
my two cents? i like the new fella a lot more. Everyone's losing their minds over the old sprite... All I can think of when I see it is how it's just a few details tacked onto THIS EXACT SPRITE: See? It's that with arm wings... like seriously? The new design may be a bit wonky but at least it's an original image quick edit: not trying to BASH the original sprite, but without looking it up I knew it was a few tweaks to the gen4 one. It's really not impressive imo and the new one is much more unique.
Avvy by SimonPetrikov
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
i have an imgur album of all the PF1 sprites. someone downloaded the PF1 wiki pages of the sprites and i grabbed the .zip, so that's how i have 'em. probably should've included that earlier lol, it's pretty intriguing looking at the old sprites. some of them are CSes and not variants, though.
scrolled for a minute or so. Some of those are really clever, but a lot kinda made me want to barf oof. I'm glad pfq constantly updates and refines sprites; it might upset some people, but consistency and standards are good things imo
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Spoodle the Ryukuza sprite is different from the Gen 4 official sprite. I didn't know there was a different Rayquaza sprite in use when that was made but, from comparing to the Rayquaza sprite, I like it. Whereas this new Ryukuza is the Rayquaza base with random Flygon components added at various parts of the sprite. -shrug- I still am very fond and approving of the old sprite and find myself preferring it. Also wowowow I love that you have that Gladion, I love that Wurmple sprite hbnfvjdmc, it's me when people say Wurmple isn't the best bug. ;u;
cynda what do you mean? It's literally a splice of the two frames plus a set of small tweaks. The CURRENT sprite (ie this mcw's new boy) does take from one of the sprites, yes, but it's still completely unique and drawn over.

spoilers

spoilers

Every bit is hand drawn, for better or worse literally wings and head changed
Like.. you seeing something I'm not?
Ledah's AvatarLedah
A reminder about criticisms and critique: It is fine to dislike sprites and to have opinions that are not "Omg this is amazing!" You are entitled to your opinion and we do not mind that. What you are not entitled to do is bash things senselessly just because you don't like them. Saying it's "bad" or "poorly made" is not critique, it is just being rude and unkind to the artists who put a lot of time and hard work into creating these sprites. If you think something about the sprite doesn't work or looks odd, say so politely and offer a suggestion on what you think would work better. We may not implement whatever change a person suggests, but on the other hand, we might; it's been done before. TL;DR, mind your manners when talking about sprites. Don't act like a jerk. It's not hard.
Avatar made by Sei with permission to use.

Pages: 123··· 477478479480481··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page