PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 222223224225226··· 748749750

Novan-chan's AvatarNovan-chan
I would like to note that Normal Solynx did get updated. It wans't just color adjustments. Lining adjustments were also made. This would be shown on the Shiny as well. Mega did that facing right an looking left thing. It was mainly to MIrror Lunupine's sprites. SO I wanted to flip Solynx's sprite and keep the very same pose that its usually seen, with its left paw lifted. I actually had trouble respriting Solynx but several of Art Staff pitched in to help with teh legs <3 Also made the wild fire that I think a lot of users liked with Mega Rapidash, which is VERY Fitting for Solynx. Yeah the fire was dulled on the melan, though, to a bit more of a realistic-ish fire that the Shiny also has. With Blue added to the green flames. It doesn't look like "evil" Green color but still really cool. I personally think Shazi did a great job with teh recolors and still love this Fakemon with a passion.
credits
Novan-Chan and all forms of her belong to me Avatar of Novan is made by me for my use only!
Golden-Goat's AvatarGolden-Goat
I love the megas flames the most! Especially the melan and albino. Im a sucker for pastels :P Great job making the flames look amazing
Journal | Shop Art Shop
1542/4300 Dragon Gems
Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu
Even if its fantasy fire, why would it be dulled, it should look like its giving off light :v
100/∞ || Shop Journal || Free Art
Ultra power bar 4.03%
Sei's AvatarSei

QUOTE originally posted by Psychøkineticism

Even if its fantasy fire, why would it be dulled, it should look like its giving off light :v
this was a fair point - we've edited this, but novie went off to bed before she could give me the final version unless I'm just dumb but I'll wait for her anyway
Oh, cool :o I look forward to seeing it Thanks for listening to my input
Sei's AvatarSei
okies, sprites updated. Normal solynx line had a couple or shading updates, and the albinos were toned down a little bit so they're not as intense.
Esme's AvatarEsme
Personally I think there's nothing wrong with the current melan sprites - I think a majority of the complaints are from people who are "too used" to the older one. A melan is a melan, meaning it had intense pigment. Having super bright flames with a dark body wouldn't fit the "melan" Also, that newer albino sprite is an improvement c:
i have nothing but love for the places that call me home
★ art made by me ★ background ★ icon - me - my shop
PurpleTiger's AvatarPurpleTiger

QUOTE originally posted by Esme

Personally I think there's nothing wrong with the current melan sprites - I think a majority of the complaints are from people who are "too used" to the older one. A melan is a melan, meaning it had intense pigment. Having super bright flames with a dark body wouldn't fit the "melan" Also, that newer albino sprite is an improvement c:
well, im just bothered by melan female tangrowth and all the kanto melans with disgusting saturated colors among the black. sorry if disgusting is a strong word ;-;
Profile picture by me! Animation Commissions OPEN! (15+) My batty babies: Bat drawings by TheSoapyDolphin
Like i already said, its fire. It's literally plasma. It doesnt make any sense to tone down the brightness. There's no melanin involved here. Though its a bit ridiculous to bring science into pokemon, the thing that would change the color are the chemicals that are combusting. Any way you slice it there shouldn't be any dulled hues involved.
Esme's AvatarEsme

QUOTE originally posted by PurpleTiger

QUOTE originally posted by Esme

well, im just bothered by melan female tangrowth and all the kanto melans with disgusting saturated colors among the black. sorry if disgusting is a strong word ;-;
Personally I think the more saturated colors make the designs pop and make up for the loss of holy god that is neon I will admit, I do wish there was more black-black in some designs though (like in melan Umbreon) @PK You sorta contradict yourself by saying "don't bring up science" by... bringing up science ^^; The art team takes liberties to make a design look appealing and consistent.

Pages: 123··· 222223224225226··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page