PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Customizable usernames

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 1234

Alex Gray's AvatarAlex Gray
You're right.
Firalight's AvatarFiralight
Semi-Support ~*~ If someone nicknames someone a bad name, they could "blackmail" people with it as well. Like, say I was nicknamed something bad and a person took a screenshot and said: "Give me 1 million credits and a shiny and I won't spread this around." This could create a problem. Yes, staff members could handle it, but it might take a while. And the person, if they had friends, could tell their friends who might have PFQ to spread it around. This might inflict emotional damage onto the victim, and PFQ is supposed to be a fun website. Although I'd prefer it that if you DID want to nickname someone, the SYSTEM would send a message (like how the old friend requests work) asking if you'd allow the nickname. And then the nickname in a small font (but semi-easy to read) next or under the User's nickname. But this still might create problems if someone is sleep deprived, hits the wrong button, etc. This could be solved if the person that is being nicknamed should have an area in the OPTIONS area to remove nicknames (but they'd have to state a reason) so that if they did mess up or they do not wish to have the nickname anymore, it could be removed. But yet, this might cause SLIGHT strain on Sally (due to about 5,000+ players) and there could be many of them nicknaming each other and it'd take a while to load.
Avatar made by me. Avid Deerling Enthusiast
Ah, that's true But what if somehow, if a user tries to give the other user a nickname with any kind of foul language (bad words, etc.), the words would automatically be censored and erased, and the user have a pop-up on their screen, saying to refrain from using such language and to try again without using any negative words?

QUOTE originally posted by Alex Gray

Ah, that's true But what if somehow, if a user tries to give the other user a nickname with any kind of foul language (bad words, etc.), the words would automatically be censored and erased, and the user have a pop-up on their screen, saying to refrain from using such language and to try again without using any negative words?
But that would be too much. If there was a system that took bad words and erased them, that might create a problem. Say if someone's user was AssassinGreninja2017 and someone wanted to nickname them "Assassin" then the system would pick up "ass" and then you would get a pop-up saying "don't use this language, please try again" and it'd be kind of frustrating.

QUOTE originally posted by Firalight

QUOTE originally posted by Alex Gray

But that would be too much. If there was a system that took bad words and erased them, that might create a problem. Say if someone's user was AssassinGreninja2017 and someone wanted to nickname them "Assassin" then the system would pick up "ass" and then you would get a pop-up saying "don't use this language, please try again" and it'd be kind of frustrating.
You're right :)
Milesfire's AvatarMilesfire
Just pointing out that I think a word filter for chat was rejected for a similar reason. It doesn't quite work right and someone could just use a special character that looks like a letter to bypass it anyways. Besides when it comes to blackmail it doesn't always have to be a nickname with a cuss word. It could be something taht gets past the filter but is equally devastating.
Avatar is Apollo Justice from Ace Attorney. The art is official but I edited in the trans flag. Call me Miles, he/him. Previously known as ZeroTails and then CloveredZero and then CharaBerry -----

QUOTE originally posted by ZeroTails

Just pointing out that I think a word filter for chat was rejected for a similar reason.
Yes, I was referencing to that ^^
Thank you for pointing that out
RozziDoodles's AvatarRozziDoodles
Okay so hear me out here. You're suggesting that say I want to go to Tinkermadi's page, and have a nickname put up that would put her as Madi (what she generally gets called anyway), and then it be displayed by or instead of or whatever with her username. What if instead, we had the option to set our own nicknames? Then there's no problem with other people nicknaming us, but it could be, for instance, under our username on our party page in smaller text saying something like "You can call me ____, ____, ____ or _____" This way, we set our own based on what other people call us/know us as, it leaves it where we don't have a risk of others abusing nicknaming us, and then it also solves a potential problem of people wanting to be called something other than their username anyway. This would probably be in the 3 lines menu on our party, as for other things and as you had suggested. It would say something like "Add/Remove Nicknames", and a simple dialogue box would come up where we have one nickname per line, similar to in chat with pings. Then, for my page, for example, I could have the dialogue box set up to read Roz Rozzi Rosaline Nosey And thus, my page would say NoseinBook42's Profile You can call me Roz, Rozzi, Rosaline, or Nosey How does that sound to avoid the abuse?
Avatar is of my character Deoxy drawn by JadedJynx on deviantART
Mystera's AvatarMystera
You could just put that in your trainer card or about me. There's no need.

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page