PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Customizable usernames

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 1234

Alex Gray's AvatarAlex Gray
Well, if someone decides not to change the username to a shortened version (and such) then their original username is all that will be seen But if the user changes the others' username, the nickname is what will show instead of the original one :) But I agree with what you say about the username being a different color, but not the nonlink part :p
If the nickname replaced the Username it might cause problems so have maybe have it under the username? And another thing to mention.. I dont think it will help with remembering.. It feels more like an aesthetic (Idk how to spell it) thing. And it shouldnt be exclusively to shortening the Username :p My friend gave me the nickname Timpy and im pretty sure thats not close to how Pikachu is spelled.. Plus it will give a better title thread :P 'User Nicknames' sound good? Overall if this is tweaked a little alot more then im kinda for it~ Or until Niet or a staff member says otherwise
Feel free to PM for any art requests uwu
Made by SoraX for Pikachuisepiclol's use only.
What in Arceus's name... how did I end up as an example? XD Here's my problem with this: there is an inactive user with the name "Padfoot". Granted, they have been inactive since shortly after joining almost two years ago, it seems, but how would you distinguish that user from me if you gave me the nickname? Or a more likely example, say there's three users that have Silver in their name or just simply like being referred to as Silver, and all of them are active. How do you tell them apart if you give them the same nicknames?
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
You're a good example in this case :D And you're right, haha If only there was a way to delete inactive users- But not all of the nicknames have to be the same as the actual username, really- Example: 'Tate' > 'Fluffy'> Because this supposed Tate reminded the person of a fluff ball- So with that being said, not all changed usernames have to have the same word(s)/theme in their name. And, as I said before, not all users have to change others' usernames
Thats technically what a Nickname is xD And maybe to solve that 'Same Nickname' problem maybe number them or give them a personal nickname :P This might not work tho so shhhhhh u saw nothing ;3 We still have the 'Placement' problem though :l
True, true ^^'
What's to stop people nicknaming someone inappropriately and then having the issue, without realizing, that the person whom they nicknamed is in a screenshot that took and display on the website?
Milesfire's AvatarMilesfire
So is this basically just putting nicknames on people that only you can see? There's a feature like this on Steam but I think the reason why Steam has it is because you can change the name that's shown to other players on a fly, and that can get confuzing very quickly and nicknames do help there. In contrast with Steam, however, PFQ doesn't allow you to change your name on the fly, and even if you go to the Support Centre it's not a guarantee that it'll be changed. I don't find it that hard to remember usernames here if I'm being honest. Also PFQ is supposed to be family friendly and as Garthic said, that could cause some problems...
Avatar is Apollo Justice from Ace Attorney. The art is official but I edited in the trans flag. Call me Miles, he/him. Previously known as ZeroTails and then CloveredZero and then CharaBerry -----
Ah, you guys are right-
SUNNELIØN's AvatarSUNNELIØN
... No support, this just sounds pretty unnecessary. First off, yes, this would be so subject to abuse, then if people were to take a screenshot and happen to have that user's 'nickname', then problems would be caused, and the idea of a new username only you can see sounds complicated (But I wouldn't know-). And you can always just add a user to your VIP list if you need their account often. In short, this seems sort of complex, subject to abuse, and pretty unnecessary. And the whole idea of changing someone's username to something completely different would make that whole issue worse imo :/
S U N N E L I O N sunne ☀ they/them ☀ 21 ☀ 2528
S U N N E L I O N my shop art shop
S U N N E L I O N pfp: me sig img: norowa code: altered

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page