PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

2024 plans: Round 2!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 1819202122··· 242526

SeshieLover's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSeshieLover
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png

quote lorne

QUOTE originally posted by Lorne

The Shelter should remain a valuable tool for players, but it shouldn't overshadow the diverse array of features that fulfil similar roles.
Speaking only as an "end game" shiny hunter, with nearly all badges to wishforge or a stage away from it, what are the intended features for me that the shelter isn't meant to overshadow? I'd love to utilize other features more but as it stands it's not feasible at all for shiny hunting, and I'm not sure if the planned updates are going to do anything to change that. Daycare - Limited to only get four free parties daily (1 if you don't use the monthly subscription service), and then past that it's 20GP per egg (10 if we're buying DCP in bulk), which is by far the most expensive way to play the game. This steep cost is probably the worst part of the site by far, to the point where it's really not worth it. The rates typically aren't good enough to justify spending 600GP on 60 DCP that typically only get you 1 special, if any at all, in that batch, nonetheless the special you hatch from it is more than likely only going to be worth a fraction of the price in GP. Lab - As it stand right now, completely unreliable for special hunting, but I think mentioning that is redundant as that's what the changes are there for. Even with the buff, 10 free reloads a day is nothing considering each slot has a 1/600-800ish, however many eggs are in the lab-pool, of pulling exactly what you're looking for. I'm not trying to be dramatic about a mechanic that's not implemented yet, but from what I'm reading this doesn't seem like anything that would help my gameplay. Egg supplier - The amount of time it takes for the eggs to be ready for pick up and the cost of each supplier pass makes this way too ineffective of a shiny hunting method unless you're able to spend 100s on passes. For the average player, myself included, this isn't feasible. I gave this a shot at one point, but it was way out of my budget to use this as a reliable shiny hunting method. The cost of the eggs itself is fine but rather the GP and the time in between each drop off. Each pass is 500gp and it takes anywhere from 1 - 10hours to be able to reuse them... unless you want to spend anywhere from ~300-450 more GP on priority shipping. I'm not trying to be negative, I would love to move away from the shelter if I could, I just don't understand what the intended way to shiny hunt is if not for it. The other methods listed above seem as though they're not feasible for the average arceus-rank shiny hunter. With the rates as low as they are, even 127 free eggs from the shelter + 24 from the daycare feels like nothing, I can (and have... multiple times) go through that amount of adopts on full boosts, including a z-crystal, all boosts that are time limited, and have nothing to show for it. I'm open to listening to other ways if there's something I'm missing, but I've been playing the game for years now, I don't think I'm missing a key mechanic. TLDR: Everything else is too 'spensive to replace the shelter for an end-game shiny hunter
i agree with what Lorne said here. As i am also an end game player and find myself coming into all of those listed issues when hunting. I can max out my daycare and shelter very easy when on a hunt and then it's either spend gp on dcp that i am not making enough profits from the specials hatched unless i get lucky with a melan or i am spending tons of credits on supplier eggs and waiting for them to show up before i can hatch them. As hunters we don't have very in-expensive ways to hunt pokemon unless we play on the site less. I am also very much against the v wave having anything to do with pairs. i love the v wave but it's very annonying sometimes as well when you keep waiting for the wave you want and don't get it for the longest time.
My type racenormal.png0. My trade thread can be found here
summon_sui.png × 153 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14
Lucifer's AvatarLucifer
grandmaster.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Neonyan

@Lucifer Take a look at the FAQ! It looks like they just answered that :D

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Q: "What will happen to existing 99% breeding pairs?" Assuming both Pokemon are of the same species (not just the same evolutionary line), they will have the maximum possible base compatibility under the new system. Actual compatibility will continue to be affected by level, happiness, etc. We are considering eliminating RNG as a factor, in favor of environmental factors such as the V-wave.
My probem is my pokemon aren't the same species /D; About half of all my pairs (excluding ditto-required ones obv) aren't the same species for aesthetic reasons. I'd rather not have to make them the same species because I like the dimorphism, but it's just an annoyance to fix, not a huge complaint. edit: unless I totally misunderstood it? I'm saying, for example I have a Growlithe/Arcanine pair. As I understand it, it's % would go down because of the size difference under the new calculations and I'd improve it by making them both Arcanines.
  • About Me
  • Legendary Hunts
  • Credits
Kat/Rook ♥ Xe/they
summon_dce.pngh.pngDiancie Hunth.pngsummon_dce.png
summon_tle.pngt.pngTapu Lele Huntt.pngsummon_tle.png
Ficto-Omnisexual pride flag combination banner by me Type Race Banner, Gen IV mimic Fairy Type, & Coding by me Avatar by Rakeish
v-psychic.png9.png09.pngv-psychic.png
Neonyan's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNeonyan
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
I think the V-Wave change could be interesting honestly. It's not like your pairs would be highly nerfed on days that don't match - they would be BOOSTED on days they DO match. So it would just be extra easy on those days to make eggs - from my understanding at least. I can understand the hesitation around it though. Especially since we don't know what the percentage "boost" will be. If theres a bug v-wave and everyone who's hunting bugs is suddenly able to make a million bugs, will the shelter clog up and make it harder to find my eggs? Again, this is all hypotheticals, so we dont know for sure. But I can see a case for, and against this.
@Lucifer Ah, yes that part I don't have a response to. I was mostly discussing the "having to remake all my 99% pairs or not" part. Unfortunately I think the specific thing you're struggling with is pretty niche and doesn't sound like its able to be preserved well.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
flybynyx's Avatarhypermode-12.pngflybynyx
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngc.png
I need help to absolutely understand the phrase "same species (not just the same evolutionary line)." My Pokémon taxonomy knowledge may not be up to snuff. Say, for instance I have a 99% pair with one partner a Larvesta and one partner a Volcarona. Is this pair an example of them being in the same evolutionary line but not same species? Thanks in advance.
On Aug 3 2018 11:27 AM CDT per TeeTurtle.com Permission granted to use avatar image ●○ 𓆛 Go Fish! ○●
impish.sei's Avatarhypermode-12.pngimpish.sei
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by flybynyx

I need help to absolutely understand the phrase "same species (not just the same evolutionary line)." My Pokémon taxonomy knowledge may not be up to snuff. Say, for instance I have a 99% pair with one partner a Larvesta and one partner a Volcarona. Is this pair an example of them being in the same evolutionary line but not same species? Thanks in advance.
Yup! They need to be the same evo stage of same family line for best pairing under the newly proposed system, whereas before as long as they were the same evolutionary/family line they could be max

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
0 pts .
R34CT's AvatarR34CT
grandmaster.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Lucifer

My probem is my pokemon aren't the same species /D; About half of all my pairs (excluding ditto-required ones obv) aren't the same species for aesthetic reasons. I'd rather not have to make them the same species because I like the dimorphism, but it's just an annoyance to fix, not a huge complaint. edit: unless I totally misunderstood it? I'm saying, for example I have a Growlithe/Arcanine pair. As I understand it, it's % would go down because of the size difference under the new calculations and I'd improve it by making them both Arcanines.
That's the issue I have too! I have a bunch of mixed evvelutions I have been making pairs with and my favorites are when the pair doesn't "perfectly match". exact-match pairs are more fun in my opinion, especially since the game offers that flexibility. Not to mention thinks like gender-specific evolutions (aka nerfing any Combee/Vespiquen, Gardevoir/Gallade, Sandalit/Salazzle, etc pairs.) something else kinda bothers me about it but i struggle to put it into words that make sense ^^;
Deadlock21's Avatarhypermode-12.pngDeadlock21
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngb+.png
Q: If I understand clickback well, a user will not show up anymore in our clickback if we did 6 clicks or more, right ? Does it only count party clicks for this, or it also count fields clicks? For comparison: The current system stops a user showing up on your clickback list if you have interacted with them even one time. The new system will have a user show up on your clickback list if they have more things in their party than you have made clicks. This does indeed mean that if you have clicked someone 7 times then they will not show up (since your Party caps at 6 Pokémon) whereas someone who you have clicked 3 times will show up if they fill their party, meaning you can click them. I again do not like this. This means that i can not get rid of people with empty parties except i manualy go to their field and click 7 times? Nope. Dont like this.
He/him 30 German Second/Third Field Shiny/Albino Free for newbies :) See my Shop https://pfq.link/~V2z1 for Summons and Dexing If you ever happen to send me a shiny/albino for my endstage living Dex, please make sure to give it a NAME and if you wish, a description, so I can love it as equally as you do :)
Enbees's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEnbees
hypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png
Just a few little notes here...

It's important to note that the decision to remove the DP value from Shedinja is to ensure that it is not overshadowing other Pokémon. It is a strategic move to ensure a balanced and fair system. With the extensive buffs in place, if we allowed Shedinja to retain its old DP value, it would make it excessively advantageous to pursue compared to other Pokémon. This imbalance contradicts the intended gameplay dynamics because it would enforce hunting a single Pokémon (Nincada) to maximise DP gains. Gains are meant to be, at the very least, roughly equal across the board.
I mean... that was already the case. There isn't much of a difference from the time the poll was conducted when it comes to that. Like I said before, the bump in DP cost might help, but I would once again like to mention that nincada was over-hunted for exactly that reason because getting enough DP for a hunt is a pain (it is even with nincada), and it's entirely possible that this boost won't even be enough to properly help. Which is why this is a problem. People suggested nincada be changed in that thread if the system got a complete overhaul to make it less painful to get DP, mods agreed, and frankly, I don't think a boost to DP prices constitutes a "complete overhaul" of the DP system, which is likely exactly why people feel they weren't listened to. I think for this to work out and for people to not be annoyed that they weren't listened to, there needs to be more ways to get DP. And as for this:

Assuming both Pokemon are of the same species (not just the same evolutionary line), they will have the maximum possible base compatibility under the new system.
I have a huge problem with this. It feels like a change that is completely and utterly unnecessary and unfairly punishing. With all due respect, if something isn't broken, it doesn't need to be "fixed." The new system seems to be intended for pair making to be easier, but changes like this are just an unnecessary restriction to the process. It feels like a very weird addition. And people have brought it up already, but... eevee and it's evolutions will be unfairly affected by this especially. There's no reason two different eeveelutions shouldn't be considered a matching pair. They would be perfectly compatible.
psychic.png Current Type Race score = 0 psychic.png
Saving for Memory Stick!
708/200
All art by me.

QUOTE originally posted by uncouthbeast

You keep saying that currently people are using the shelter to shortcut their way to a complete dex. Why do you insist on calling it that, when even the dex unlock page for summon items says, and I am quoting here, "Feeling stuck? Try the Shelter for some quick grabs." You also say often that pokefarm is an mmo and a multiplayer game in general. I don't disagree with that, but then you keep almost shaming players for using the shelter, and insist players use the lab, which seems contradictory to the whole "pokefarm is an mmo" line of thought. In general, I'm hoping you can clarify what the point of having the shelter is if we're not supposed to use it to help get dex entries and we're not hunting anything.
I have the shelter to thank for my alola dex entries (still a wip since Fini is being dificult to find)
Hi, I have lots of pokémon I've hoarded upon my fields. I'd be happy to let you obtain any you find there. Just PM me and we'll get down to buisness. I'll also help evolve pokemon for you.
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
Goodness me, is this the kind of panic and bedlam I wake up to? The FAQs were supposed to resolve this, not make things worse! Before reading these responses, please be aware that I may be a little on the blunt side at some points, but none of these responses are intended as any kind of attack on anyone. With that said, let's get started...

QUOTE originally posted by Haara

I worry about the pair thing the most. Since some of rare pairs I have do have my OT. Even if are 99% right now. This is often due to lack of people willing to hunt certain pokemons down.
If you have 99% compatible pairs then at least one of them isn't your OT, because if they were then they wouldn't get the full bonus for trading both partners from different sources. Therefore, under the new system, they will still get the full benefit of trade bonus. This "worry" is a non-issue, it is not a problem that exists.

QUOTE originally posted by Lorne

The Shelter should remain a valuable tool for players, but it shouldn't overshadow the diverse array of features that fulfil similar roles.
[...] I'm not trying to be negative, I would love to move away from the shelter if I could, I just don't understand what the intended way to shiny hunt is if not for it.
Every mention I have made about trying to encourage different gameplay styles has been with specific focus on newer users who are (because of my poor design choices) using the Shelter as a way to bypass entire features of the game and shortcut their way to completion. Never once have I mentioned anything about how I don't want the Shelter to be useful for endgame hunting. This is why in every draft of the proposal so far, the cost balance of "how many eggs can you adopt per day for hunting purposes" has been unchanged (subject to RNG on the initial proposal, now actually unchanged). This "worry" is a non-issue, it is not a problem that exists.

QUOTE originally posted by Suríya

RMT (Real Money Trading) has been banned on PFQ since February of 2022. If they made a trade of this kind since then it was against the Terms of Service, and would have shown up in the history that Niet mentioned previously as a trade in their history :)
I am aware, but it was allowed before that. Do you guys really have access to the entire trade history of an account? I always thought that was deleted and has caused problems in the past? (/gen not trying to be a smart alec)
We don't need to look up someone's entire trade history to know that their trainer card shows them as having joined after the RMT ban. Just saying...

QUOTE originally posted by Angeliccandy

That was my number one main concern is having one of my max pairs decreasing too like 10% compatibility with the new system or something crazy like that
I've been quite clear that the RNG component only counts for about 8 percentage points. Even if I changed nothing else, the worst-case of an RNG reshuffle, if you get really unlucky, is that your 99% pair would become 91% if it went from the max roll to the min role by sheer bad luck. You were really worried about it becoming 10%? This "worry" is a non-issue, it is not a problem that exists.

QUOTE originally posted by KitsuneofDreams

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

We are considering eliminating RNG as a factor, in favor of environmental factors such as the V-wave.
I would so much rather this not be a thing in favor of the 10 or so percent swing RNG gives.
Here we go again with me offering users a pure buff, and it being declined because *checks notes* "I can't control how big of a bonus I get." XD

I think the V-Wave change could be interesting honestly. It's not like your pairs would be highly nerfed on days that don't match - they would be BOOSTED on days they DO match. So it would just be extra easy on those days to make eggs - from my understanding at least.
At least this person gets it. KitsuneofDreams' "worry" is a non-issue, it is not a problem that exists.

QUOTE originally posted by Lucifer

You understand correctly, breeding different evolution stages of the same evolutionary family will not be optimal under the new system. But that's okay! You can't always pair aesthetics with 100% optimal gameplay, and it's not like the difference in compatibility resulting from this will be that drastic. Certainly something that can easily be overcome by use of modifiers like Happiness at the very least. :)

QUOTE originally posted by Deadlock21

[Re: Clickback appearances] I again do not like this. This means that i can not get rid of people with empty parties except i manualy go to their field and click 7 times? Nope. Dont like this.
The condition for a party to show up is "(number of things in Party) IS GREATER THAN (number of clicks you have made to the user)" If "number of things in Party" is 0, ie. an empty Party, when would it ever be greater than "number of clicks you have made to the user" - a strictly non-negative number? Can you think of any situation in which 0 > N for some natural number N? I don't think so. :D This "worry" is a non-issue, it is not a problem that exists.

QUOTE originally posted by Enbees

the bump in DP cost might help, but I would once again like to mention that nincada was over-hunted for exactly that reason because getting enough DP for a hunt is a pain (it is even with nincada), and it's entirely possible that this boost won't even be enough to properly help.
All hunted Melans will, on average, when you consider the Shinies and Albinos you get along the way, yield approximately 2.45x as many Delta Points as they currently do. Balance that against Nincada in particular having its "base" value cut in half because of the Shedinja nerf. Last time I checked, 2.45 > 2, therefore empirically the boost will be more than enough to make up for the Shedinja nerf, and even Nincada will be worth more post-update than it is now. o/ This "worry" is a non-issue, it is not a problem that exists.

QUOTE originally posted by Enbees

And people have brought it up already, but... eevee and it's evolutions will be unfairly affected by this especially. There's no reason two different eeveelutions shouldn't be considered a matching pair. They would be perfectly compatible.
Flareon: has a body temperature of 900°C Glaceon: can be as low as -60°C Mhm, yeah, "perfectly compatible". XD
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 123··· 1819202122··· 242526

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page