PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in 2024 plans: Round 2!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > 2024 plans: Round 2! >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Goodness me, is this the kind of panic and bedlam I wake up to? The FAQs were supposed to resolve this, not make things worse! Before reading these responses, please be aware that I may be a little on the blunt side at some points, but none of these responses are intended as any kind of attack on anyone. With that said, let's get started...

QUOTE originally posted by Haara

I worry about the pair thing the most. Since some of rare pairs I have do have my OT. Even if are 99% right now. This is often due to lack of people willing to hunt certain pokemons down.
If you have 99% compatible pairs then at least one of them isn't your OT, because if they were then they wouldn't get the full bonus for trading both partners from different sources. Therefore, under the new system, they will still get the full benefit of trade bonus. This "worry" is a non-issue, it is not a problem that exists.

QUOTE originally posted by Lorne

The Shelter should remain a valuable tool for players, but it shouldn't overshadow the diverse array of features that fulfil similar roles.
[...] I'm not trying to be negative, I would love to move away from the shelter if I could, I just don't understand what the intended way to shiny hunt is if not for it.
Every mention I have made about trying to encourage different gameplay styles has been with specific focus on newer users who are (because of my poor design choices) using the Shelter as a way to bypass entire features of the game and shortcut their way to completion. Never once have I mentioned anything about how I don't want the Shelter to be useful for endgame hunting. This is why in every draft of the proposal so far, the cost balance of "how many eggs can you adopt per day for hunting purposes" has been unchanged (subject to RNG on the initial proposal, now actually unchanged). This "worry" is a non-issue, it is not a problem that exists.

QUOTE originally posted by Neonyan

QUOTE originally posted by Suríya

RMT (Real Money Trading) has been banned on PFQ since February of 2022. If they made a trade of this kind since then it was against the Terms of Service, and would have shown up in the history that Niet mentioned previously as a trade in their history :)
I am aware, but it was allowed before that. Do you guys really have access to the entire trade history of an account? I always thought that was deleted and has caused problems in the past? (/gen not trying to be a smart alec)
We don't need to look up someone's entire trade history to know that their trainer card shows them as having joined after the RMT ban. Just saying...

QUOTE originally posted by Angeliccandy

That was my number one main concern is having one of my max pairs decreasing too like 10% compatibility with the new system or something crazy like that
I've been quite clear that the RNG component only counts for about 8 percentage points. Even if I changed nothing else, the worst-case of an RNG reshuffle, if you get really unlucky, is that your 99% pair would become 91% if it went from the max roll to the min role by sheer bad luck. You were really worried about it becoming 10%? This "worry" is a non-issue, it is not a problem that exists.

QUOTE originally posted by KitsuneofDreams

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

We are considering eliminating RNG as a factor, in favor of environmental factors such as the V-wave.
I would so much rather this not be a thing in favor of the 10 or so percent swing RNG gives.
Here we go again with me offering users a pure buff, and it being declined because *checks notes* "I can't control how big of a bonus I get." XD

QUOTE originally posted by Neonyan

I think the V-Wave change could be interesting honestly. It's not like your pairs would be highly nerfed on days that don't match - they would be BOOSTED on days they DO match. So it would just be extra easy on those days to make eggs - from my understanding at least.
At least this person gets it. KitsuneofDreams' "worry" is a non-issue, it is not a problem that exists.

QUOTE originally posted by Lucifer

My probem is my pokemon aren't the same species /D; About half of all my pairs (excluding ditto-required ones obv) aren't the same species for aesthetic reasons. I'd rather not have to make them the same species because I like the dimorphism, but it's just an annoyance to fix, not a huge complaint. edit: unless I totally misunderstood it? I'm saying, for example I have a Growlithe/Arcanine pair. As I understand it, it's % would go down because of the size difference under the new calculations and I'd improve it by making them both Arcanines.
You understand correctly, breeding different evolution stages of the same evolutionary family will not be optimal under the new system. But that's okay! You can't always pair aesthetics with 100% optimal gameplay, and it's not like the difference in compatibility resulting from this will be that drastic. Certainly something that can easily be overcome by use of modifiers like Happiness at the very least. :)

QUOTE originally posted by Deadlock21

[Re: Clickback appearances] I again do not like this. This means that i can not get rid of people with empty parties except i manualy go to their field and click 7 times? Nope. Dont like this.
The condition for a party to show up is "(number of things in Party) IS GREATER THAN (number of clicks you have made to the user)" If "number of things in Party" is 0, ie. an empty Party, when would it ever be greater than "number of clicks you have made to the user" - a strictly non-negative number? Can you think of any situation in which 0 > N for some natural number N? I don't think so. :D This "worry" is a non-issue, it is not a problem that exists.

QUOTE originally posted by Enbees

the bump in DP cost might help, but I would once again like to mention that nincada was over-hunted for exactly that reason because getting enough DP for a hunt is a pain (it is even with nincada), and it's entirely possible that this boost won't even be enough to properly help.
All hunted Melans will, on average, when you consider the Shinies and Albinos you get along the way, yield approximately 2.45x as many Delta Points as they currently do. Balance that against Nincada in particular having its "base" value cut in half because of the Shedinja nerf. Last time I checked, 2.45 > 2, therefore empirically the boost will be more than enough to make up for the Shedinja nerf, and even Nincada will be worth more post-update than it is now. o/ This "worry" is a non-issue, it is not a problem that exists.

QUOTE originally posted by Enbees

And people have brought it up already, but... eevee and it's evolutions will be unfairly affected by this especially. There's no reason two different eeveelutions shouldn't be considered a matching pair. They would be perfectly compatible.
Flareon: has a body temperature of 900°C Glaceon: can be as low as -60°C Mhm, yeah, "perfectly compatible". XD
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page