PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

[POLL] Shelter + Black Flute adjustment proposal

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 131415

impish.sei's Avatarimpish.sei

QUOTE originally posted by Goatlady

I'm not sure if this question I have is being worded clearly enough but here goes: Regarding the order of clicking the black flute button: Is it selecting the box for the Shelter first? Or the chained egg first? If it picks the box first, why is same chain egg showing every time? If it selects the chained egg first, then populating the box, chain hunters don't care what other eggs are there, so can the order be switched to make it less likely to grab that first egg and instead if an egg isn't in the box, whatever egg it then finds first?
This might solve the problem with the same egg being found constantly without much different coding going on? Although in my mind, the way this works actually makes me not want the change because of how likely it is of selecting boxes with other people's eggs more often and RNG adding to it failing the 50% as it is. More checking of eggs OT will be required than the current method which picks based on release time. I think I just convinced myself to vote no. Still haven't voted yet though :D
As it currently stands, it checks for chained egg first, in chronological order from oldest in the shelter, which is why the same egg shows up every time. Checking the partition first is what the question has been about, and it's been discussed that maybe instead of purely checking the partition only, it should fall back to the current method is the partition lacks an egg, which seems like a good idea of doable. Also, from what Niet has said is the plan, there's not going to be a partition with 'other people's eggs' because the contents of the partitions shuffle and rebalance every 15 minutes. It's possible, and may be bothersome if your eggs are currently the 'oldest', that the current system would be easier, but only at specific times (ie when your eggs are eldest) but even in that case, OT checking can still be at the same rate as it currently is even with the new system because qol would still be ordering them chronologically on the shelter page.

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
1244 pts .
Remster's AvatarRemster
@Niet I did not asked questions originally because I was anxious and thought I would just look like an idiot for not understanding something that maybe could be seen as easy to understand :/ Like Neonyan said, having someone from staff reading after what you write could help. There's kids and non english speakers here that may get confused if it's too technical etc, so having "beta readers" from staff members to check if it can be understand by them could help ? Bonus points I guess if some staff members aren't english speakers, they may see more easily maybe if something could be too hard or not. That's why I was thinking of a summary at the top of the first post, a summary with simpler wording, and all the long stuff you want to say with details can still be put under for those that want to know/can understand easily. I'm tempted to tell you to just explain to me like I'm very stupid :') It can be difficult sometimes to try to re-word what we say, but I think it could help in the future to communicate better depending of who is in front of you. You can still speak very technical and all to someone that understand, but also use simpler wording for someone that doesn't. I hope I managed to make what I wanted to say clear enough, it's really late I should go to sleep :'D
  • Infos
  • Collecting
Avatar by me He is one of my most precious OC, you are NOT ALLOWED to use it ! ~~ I'm French and not bilingual, but I try my best, so don't be too mad at me if my english is not very good, please :3
Priority
Raijin's_Lamp
33 |
Hyperspace_Ring
36 |
Ku_Idol
26 ----- | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Arcite's AvatarArcite
Gotta say.. all things considered: Maybe it's better to invite these discussions BEFORE users are able to vote in a poll, so that the poll is more accurate. It's less convenient because of having to make it a 2-step process of sorts to test the waters but if the poll is inaccurate it would be 2 steps anyway? Misunderstandings will always happen, especially with something like this, where it's a bit overly technical for some folks, and someone who is describing it may have expert blindness. (Having someone who is not adept with the subject proofread is also a good strat) I totally understand the frustration on both ends, unfortunately explaining is just uh, part of the burden of discussion which-- I still do appreciate! I can see you trying to listen to feedback Niet and appreciate your comunication attempts lol. These things take time and practice though. Execution aside, on my part, I appreciate the more info and TLDR. I'd always rather know more than less, especially if the option for less is there for anyone who doesn't.
[Avatar by Cryst. Character design by Hime.] [Formerly KikiLink, please call me Arcite or Seiya.]

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

(They made less than 10 interactions per day in average this month. It's not a Shelter issue lol)
yeah :-: i don't have much time to put into clicking and clicking repeatedly for a long time causes a lot of pain :-:
Name: Beans Name: Calamity Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
So, to over-simplify the feedback... Post first, then answer questions, then make the poll later? I can do that.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Peckish's AvatarPeckish
Damn. I think I'm part of that rather large group of people who voted no though now (after questions) want to vote yes... Would it be possible to create a new poll so people could revote?
Icon by Flyeahfy for my use Grookey
161/250 Till my Zarude hunt!
Rainquail's AvatarRainquail
I know I was harsh in my words earlier, but thank you for listening to us, and taking suggestions into account. Hopefully future polls can go smoother and with fewer hurt feelings and arguments among commenters.
I haven't read most of this thread yet so my opinion may change after reading it all, but I'd like to posit it here now regardless. I'm a more casual player and one of the things I love about the site is that I've been playing for years without spending a single penny. Whenever a Hatch Eggs Bred By You tourney appears, I end up feeling irked, since if I ever want to get my own eggs I have to drop 600 GP for a DCP bundle, about 4 weeks worth of ordinary savings to reach the hard goal. I can't imagine what nature hunters have to work with, especially since other hunters probably hatch twice the amount weekly. I don't necessarily suggest using this proposed system, but I very much appreciate making this easier.
Have a great day! "When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they are ravaged by an incurable disease? No. When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom? No. It's when they are forgotten." - Dr. Hiriluk, One Piece
Joyfulness03's AvatarJoyfulness03
I haven't read the thread, only the original post, so pardon if I somehow misunderstood something that's already been addressed! I personally voted no because, from what it sounds, it would make hunting uncommon pokemon harder. As someone who has been the only person on site (as far as I was able to tell) hunting certain pokemon on various occasions, if this would make it harder to find my less-popular eggs when I am doing an unusual hunt, then I am in favor of keeping it the same ^^ <- I'm the crazy guy whose favorites are all obscure, so there often aren't many eggs in the shelter unless I put them there myself. (Pansear on fire race was surprisingly difficult haha,) Although it seemed like from what I was able to catch in glancing you would be re-randomized to a different shelter box after 15 minutes? So I suppose it might not be a huge setback, but the phrasing of it is the main thing that had me voting "no." 👍 That's all! If any of that has been misconstrued or cleared up in the thread I apologize haha.
  • Current Goals
  • δ Arceus Collection
  • (Work In Progress)
824/2100 Mythril Steel Badge
495/10,600 The long road to wishalloy
123 DEXES TO GO

Current Collection

Types Needed

I am seeking out Delta Arceus! If you are selling or trading Delta Arceus, send me a PM with your shop link! I am avoiding duplicate natures! I have: Timid, Serious. ~ Types Needed ~ ~ Priority ~

Pages: 123··· 131415

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page