PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Info gathering: multi-user display query

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 678

POLL: Is the "Go To Fields"-button on the multi-user view useful?

Total votes: 882

You must be logged in to vote.

Niet and I were talking a little bit about some aspects of the site and when looking at the multi-user page, it was questioned as to whether or not the 'Go To Fields'-button was really all that useful, so we come to you with the following question... To ensure understanding, I want to specify that the "Multi-user" view is the view of people's profiles that you get when you click on the "Open 10" link. Is the "Go To Fields"-button that is located on the multi-user view, in your opinion, a useful addition to the page? Please utilise the poll and if you have any additional comments, please feel free to add them. If you can think of any helpful additions to the poll then please let me know - obviously I won't be adding any and all but xD Any particuarly common ones will be taken note of and accounted for appropriately. Thank you! Edit: I made a post poking people for adding more to the question than what was asked / adding incorrect information to the question. Link~
All Saints's AvatarAll Saints
Personally, on Niet days, I will use the multi-user view to mass click multiple people. I realize that the alternative will be to create a mass clicklist for days like those, but that is how I use the feature :)
Antigone ☁️ He/Him ☁️ Skinny Legend
Deadlock21's AvatarDeadlock21
I always use the multiuser page witb QOL and while massclicking Profiles i look for interesting trainercards that try to buy or sell or have freefields. If I see one I use the go to fields button. But i dont think it would be a big hasstle to go to the Profil of the person and then click on fields.
He/him 30 German Second Field Shiny/Albino Free for newbies :) See my Shop https://pfq.link/~V2z1 for Summons and Dexing If you ever happen to send me a shiny/albino for my endstage living Dex, please make sure to give it a NAME and if you wish, a description, so I can love it as equally as you do :)
Lalalunas's AvatarLalalunas
Assuming the button leads to the page of their fields, I don't see how it can be more useful than simply going there through clicking their profiles from that very same page... It would be much different if their fields could be displayed directly on the page itself rather than have a link to lead there
It's not that often I use but I do find it useful. Sometimes when I am clicking users I read their trainer card and when some say they are selling Deltas/S/A I click onto the fields to see what's there. It's not 100% needed as it's only 1 extra link (going to thier actual page then fields) but it's convenient.
Avatar made by Cryst of Comet (my OC that i created)
Score: 0
LunaOokami's AvatarLunaOokami
I just want to clarify as my brain is sluggish today. The only place you're looking at potentially removing it is on the (open 10) link next to the users online link? So if I'd still see the fields button if I went through users online -> open all? Does that make sense? It may seem sort of redundant, but as long as click lists still have the fields button, I see no problem with removing it.
Buying G.Orbs @ 45zc W.Stones @ 25zc Post here
I know personally that on mobile it's more of a hassle to have the Go to Fields button there than to not lol. I'll be clicking through so fast the page doesn't load fully and I'll accidentally open a field when I don't want to. It's the same amount of clicks to get to someone's fields if you want to (double-tap Go to Fields vs click username to exit multi-user then click Go to Fields). The only difference is the second one is the slower option, but I don't think that matters since you'd be breaking your Party-clicking rhthym to go to the fields anyway. All this to say, I would personally like the Multi-user Go to Fields button to disappear.
✩ [ Me
Lex | They/Them pronouns
]
Hunt Chain! 193
✩ [ avatar
Alastor; Hazbin Hotel ep1
]
TR Score: 535
stand up be strong know right from wrong forever hence
-♫- believe yourself

QUOTE originally posted by Deadlock21

I always use the multiuser page witb QOL and while massclicking Profiles i look for interesting trainercards that try to buy or sell or have freefields. If I see one I use the go to fields button. But i dont think it would be a big hasstle to go to the Profil of the person and then click on fields.
One thing I did make note of is that it is the same number of clicks to get to a persons page via. clicking the username and then going to their fields from the standalone profile view. Of course, you do need to move the mouse (or tap in different locations for mobile!) so there is that difference, but yeah. We also made note that we did have to add the 'verification click' because of people accidentally hitting that "Go To Fields" button. Not sure if that speaks to it being more in the way than not, or something, but perhaps that change completely fixed that issue? Dunno, it's why we're asking, after all!

QUOTE originally posted by Lunarche

Assuming the button leads to the page of their fields, I don't see how it can be more useful than simply going there through clicking their profiles from that very same page... It would be much different if their fields could be displayed directly on the page itself rather than have a link to lead there
Click it and find out :p No need to assume! But yes, you click it once and it will effectively be like "you sure?" and if you click again then it will take you to the relevant user's fields.

QUOTE originally posted by LunaOokami

I just want to clarify as my brain is sluggish today. The only place you're looking at potentially removing it is on the (open 10) link next to the users online link? So if I'd still see the fields button if I went through users online -> open all? Does that make sense? It may seem sort of redundant, but as long as click lists still have the fields button, I see no problem with removing it.
I never mentioned it was being removed or anything like that quite intentionally! I just want to know if it is useful and nothing more - I asked for what I want to know. There's literally nothing beyond what I have asked to read in to ^^ That said, yes, I am specifically referencing the place that you understood and nowhere else :)

QUOTE originally posted by BlackBlood1872

All this to say, I would personally like the Multi-user Go to Fields button to disappear.
Fair play, thank you for your input!
Ryko Seratuno's AvatarRyko Seratuno
Personally, the 'go to fields' option isn't there for me, though I suspect that's a QoL thing. I would like to see it on Multi-User, as there are times where people with empty parties show up and being able to immediately open their fields instead of having to go through a new tab is convenient when mass clicking or on a timer like an SLE. So yeah, I find it useful and wish QoL didn't take it away.
Toxel's AvatarToxel
I use the go to fields button very often while doing clickbacks (multi-user views via the Today's Interactions page), but I don't use it when clicking in the "open 10" view
Journal avatar: game screenshot edited by me

Pages: 123··· 678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page