PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Replacement of 'Gender' from Outfit Customization

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123··· 567

sanji's Avatarsanji
Suggestion Title: Replacement of 'Gender' from Outfit Customization Suggestion Summary: I believe that it would be a good idea to remove the 'gender' category from the trainer tab altogether, and instead simply replace it with a 'body type' tab. Positive points: - It would kind of remove the "boobs for girls, flat chest for guys" thing, and take away the gender stereotypes that are typically built into things. - It would mean more body types could be added, and thus diversity could be added to the trainers. (Further elaboration on these points in the 'reason for consideration' category) Negative points: It would probably take a while to impliment this change, as well as to create a few new body types if that was desired! Reason For Consideration: There isn't much diversity in the trainers as of right now. You can pick to be "male," "female," or "neutral." There's just a slim option, and that's it. The trainer character gains a larger chest and eyelashes for the female option, a lack of it for male, and a mix for the neutral option. I think that it would be really nice if this "gender" option was taken away, and instead changed out with a body type option, to allow for a little more diversity and less of the "boobs = female" type thing. I'm a trans dude who wanted to give my character boobs- and sure, I could theoretically just pick the female option- but it made me feel a little weird to do so. If we could instead just have a tab that let us pick our body types away from that sort of "gender" stereotype, not only would there be room to add more diverse body types for plus sized people (once again, like myself), but it also might help to make trans and non-binary individuals on the website feel more comfortable with themselves and their trainer option. I think, overall, it would make things a lot more comfortable, at least for a good amount of people- even if it would take a good bit of time to remake some of the outfits to fit other body types! I'm not the best at explaining things, so feel free to ask questions about any of the points brought up here, and I'd be happy to elaborate! :")
VINNY - CLICK HERE FOR MY PRONOUNS fish enthusiast & grill dad in training
Tart Apple

Tart Apple

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A peculiar apple that can make a certain species of Pokémon evolve. It's exceptionally tart.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +45,386
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
ElectricNormal
Happiness MAX
Hardy nature
Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny
I definitely support this 100% it's time that gender stereotypes are gone yes there is that option to pick male or female but what about those who are trans or non binary? Or people who are uncomfortable with sharing their gender? And if this was to be changed maybe make it out so everyone felt comfortable with that new outfit for the trainer
Pfp from Pfq
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Ayy, throwback to when I suggested this idea when the new avatars came out As I did then, I still 100% would love this to be a thing, as A Nonbinary™ who feels uncomfortable with how the "Neutral" style looks so they have to use the "Male" option. :') Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, more body types aren't likely to happen anytime soon (if at all) due to the amount of art needed to accommodate that. It's something I would really appreciate, as a Not Thin™™ person myself, but I understand the reason behind it. Despite that, I feel renaming the body types to be less gender-centric would be much more feasible and is still worth doing. (You can read my larger thoughts on the topic in the linked post above, haha, as my opinion has not changed since then) Even modern Pokémon games don't ask if you're a girl or a boy, just what you look like. (They do go on to use gendered pronouns that match your appearance, unfortunately, but, yknow, baby steps)
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Miss Reaper's AvatarMiss Reaper
I entirely support this sort of.. I really wish they would get rid of it entirely? They brought it out and have yet to make a single change. They arent really broad enough to appeal to most people so I always voted to remove it all together. And honestly I dont like the age around them as well? I get this is a pokemon website but not everyone here is a teen.
T h e P r i n c e s s S h o p Avatar Art by Lady-Penumbra. For me
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Official GIF from Steven Universe!
MossyMoss's AvatarMossyMoss
Fully 100% Agree. Just listing them as say, Body type 1, Body type 2, Body type 3, would be great.
Icons are of my creation :3c Moss | Genderfluid | Ze/Zir/Zem
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I was gonna make a comment about the main series games, but I got beaten to it. Though I will also point out that even with the unnamed "gender" options, there is still just a male-presenting and female-presenting model, and only one of each. So on that front PFQ having a "neutral" option is already much better :p I can look into renaming it to be less gender-centric.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Cat2's AvatarCat2
support, love the idea but maybe keep the gender thing and ADD the body thing
sëlkïr's Avatarsëlkïr

QUOTE originally posted by MossyMoss

Fully 100% Agree. Just listing them as say, Body type 1, Body type 2, Body type 3, would be great.
Definitely agree with this ^-^ There's no reason that it has to be Male/Neutral/Female, especially when multiple people have asked for it to be changed. The only differences in the models are chest size and the default outfit right? Ideally I'd like for the default outfit to be slightly modified to fit all three body types, so that we could have at least a few more options to choose from, but seeing as new customizations have been on the table for at least two and a half years based on the "under consideration" threads, I doubt that would be done, or at least not in any decent timeframe.Edit: Wanted to clarify, this is not to imply the artists aren't doing enough, just that there's too much for the artists to do. I would assume changing the text labels would be a comparatively short and easy task that could ease some users discomfort, and give some hope to people still waiting for more trainer customizations.
Check out my shop! ^-^ I've got Summons, Gems, S/A/M, and I'm taking hunt requests!
Xygallix's AvatarXygallix
I really like this idea too. I am really grateful for the "neutral" option, but realistically would probably prefer the male body shape... Except I don't want to choose "male" when I'm non-binary so... Yeah. I love the inclusive neutral option, but it would be great to get to choose a body shape rather than having to assign a gender when gender may not match the preferred body shape.
Check out my free fields, full of R/E/V/L and pairs! One of my friends runs a shop, go see her if you want box/shelter hunts, free egg dexing and her free fields!
sëlkïr's Avatarsëlkïr
I've looked and I don't see any kind of bump time limit for suggestions anywhere, but since it's been a month, I feel like a bump is fair?

Pages: 123··· 567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page