PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

The state of development

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345

PrinceFezzy's AvatarPrinceFezzy
I'm glad you where able to work on your mental health! Don't ever be scared to take a mental health break! Your mental health matters to us all cause you as a person matter Niet! Take as long as you need for the updates and make sure to give yourself love from yourself cause you deserve to love yourself <3 Don't forget we all appreciate you as a person Niet and keep doing what you love! Don't let other peoples doubts get to you ^^ hugs hugss :D
Avatar made by me <3 look at the precious Tsundere boi <3 please think about clicking my eggs
DarkForsaken's AvatarDarkForsaken
oh wow i never knew the amount of stress you been dealing with let alone the messy codes and hardly heard of the other game your making. cant imgaine even coding a mere sentence without a templete XD i hope all goes wel for you and ty for sharing with us. metal health is more important then coding non stop.
Take care of number:one you. Without you this wouldnt exist. Thank you.
3neo's Avatar3neo
Niet, your mental health should always your first priority. I'm glad to know that you got a well-deserved break. I used to come on here 24/7 for months with barely any break and I never felt so drained. I'm sure everyone will agree when I say we're in no rush for PFNew. Please take as much time as you need! I've got plenty to do on PFQ still.
izzy / ♀ / 20
Enigma Berry

Enigma Berry

Special Berry

(: 0)

A completely enigmatic Berry. It apparently has the power of the stars that fill the night sky.

Flavour: Spicy/dry
Colour: Yellow
Firmness: Hard
Growth time: 96 hours

Sells for 40

Lv. 100 — +444,226
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fire
Happiness 27%
Careful nature
[pfp (c) Kouki Saitou]
Raiden Shogun's AvatarRaiden Shogun
I'm sorry to hear your mental health's gone to the gutters. Mental health always comes first, so that break was a good idea! But all I sense right now is that, based on your words, you're just going to go through the same vicious cycle again. In the end, you'll have no motivation to fix the website's coding, and no incentive to work on PFNew. And then everything repeats... Have you ever considered hiring more developers to work alongside you? From what little I understand, it's a heavy workload that cannot be managed alone. Hiring more able developers is not only good for development only — heck, it's especially necessary for your wellbeing! If you haven't considered it already, please think about it. You're not alone in this. You have a community behind you :)
Thunderjaw's AvatarThunderjaw
I've been very vocal about PFNew a while ago, the intend to not join was strong and I'll stick with that. First of all: Mental health is important, and I am happy that you are taking care of yourself! My concern is, however, say I were to join PFNew. While there is new content, that is great. But what stops you from not feeling the excact same way later into the new site? PFNew is going to get a lot of the PFQ 'veterans' on there, people who have been on this site before. You already expressed your dislike to your userbase, the userbase that will also join PFNew. I'm just a little concerned if this won't be a repeating cycle where we eventually get PFZ simply because of a 'new beginning'? I hope this doesn't sound mean or harsh, I don't mean to at all. I'm just a little curious :)
Useful links: Journal: The Thunderclaw Follow me on these too if you'd like to know me! Youtube: CommandoReptilio Twitch: CommandoReptilio Instagram: GeckoCommander
art by Shadowfeathers of Thunderjaws OC Steve, edited by MossDragon for Thunderjaw's use only
SilverStreak's AvatarSilverStreak
Don't feel obligated to release PFNew by 2024 if you hit a few road blocks on the way. Take the time you need for your own health, both mentally and physically. I've been in a dark place before, and I don't wish that on anyone. Take care of yourself, Niet!
Amure's AvatarAmure
I'm glad you're feeling a lot better now. Mental health should always be a priority. I'm also looking forward to PFNew.
Avatar doodled by me. Responses will be slow.
Abandon3dRain's AvatarAbandon3dRain
Thanks so much and glad the break helped! If you ever need more of them go for it! <3 Curious as to whether 'PFNew' would have different sort options in the fields? Or the align to grid if thats kept would have the option to keep it aligned?
Dewfur's AvatarDewfur
Just throwing my hat into the ring here, along the same lines as everyone else! I've lost friends to poor mental health before and have had many struggles myself, and you were more than right to take a break. Taking that step back can mean the world when everything is getting too much - it's always better that than letting it drag you down into a pit of despair. I'm glad you were able to make that decision and that you're feeling a bit more hopeful for what you have planned! I think it's important that even with that preliminary date of sometime in 2024, not to pressure yourself too much or be hard on yourself if you're falling a little short of it. Don't crunch yourself! In the end, making a product you are happy with alongside being one that isn't going to cause more stress in delivering it is all too important. Looking forward to seeing what comes in future, you make sure to take care of yourself in the meantime! Taking a step away now and again isn't such a bad thing, helps to be able to tackle things with a clearer mind for sure.

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page