PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

The state of development

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I want to take a moment to explain where things are now, and where they are headed in the near- and long-term future. As you may have noticed, things got rather quiet around here for some time. This is because over time I have realised that my mental health has been severely suffering. I mentioned one time before that just the thought of working on PFQ would sometimes lead to repulsion or even actual pain, and this only got worse since then. So, towards the middle of November, I left. I went and spent three months with my parents, and with minimal time spent on PFQ. I was still around for events and in case of emergency, but for the most part I was "off the grid" and able to relax for the first time in over a decade. It was nice. It really highlighted that I've been neglecting my mental wellbeing and it has been a severe detriment to my ability to implement the suggestions and deliver on the promises that have been made. Going forward, I need to take care of myself so that I can actually perform well, leading to a better experience for all of you. In any case, towards the end of that time off, I felt eager to return. Eager to get back into the swing of things. This was great... but it was unfortunate that the thing that most needed addressing at the time was the RMT situation and consequently the rebalancing of ZC items. That was a sensitive topic, but one that had to be tackled head-on and dealt with. It was definitely a bumpy road, but things seem to have settled now and from what I can see the situation has improved overall. Still, it was a rough start to my return! I still don't enjoy working on PFQ. But that's just because the code is a mess, it's just difficult to get anything meaningful out of it any more. That was due to poor planning, rushed work and no future-proofing. This makes updates slow and harder than they need to be. I will still be making updates where I can, particularly to streamline a few things. Those should be coming Soon™️, and I'll announce them when I have information to announce. With regard to the "Reboot", I'm taking the idea apart and putting it together again. I started work on it in June of 2018 and among many other things PHP itself has received some major updates and improvements. I will therefore be upgrading from PHP 7.2 to PHP 8.1 and rewriting a lot of the code to take full advantage of what this new version has to offer. In the process I will also be tweaking the basic idea of the game. Remember that the point of "PFNew" is NOT to outright replace PFQ. It is not a "new version of the same game" like PFQ was to PF1. While it will share some similar concepts such as interacting with other users to mutually gain EXP, that's honestly just about where the similarities end. I have previously mentioned that PFQ isn't really a "game" as such. It's just a place where you collect and hoard stuff. Which is fine, but what do you do when you've collected everything? A lot of our veteran players have just... run out of things to do, and some are only staying because of sunk costs. I don't want anyone to feel like they are "obligated" to play, for any reason. I would prefer people visit my game because they WANT to play. Therefore when working with PFNew I will be trying to create more of a game, more things to do with your Pokémon besides just hoarding them forever. These are big decisions that need to be made from the beginning, and can't simply be shoehorned into the current state of PFQ. My current, optimistic hope for PFNew is that it will be open in 2024. To reiterate, it will not cause PFQ to close. Both games will run, independently of one another. So long as people play and so long as it makes sense to keep them running, I aim to run them both for as long as possible. In the meantime, your support means the world to me. It is what motivates me to continue. I just have a couple of requests to help keep that motivation and drive around so I can deliver on as many of the PFQ and PFNew plans and suggestions as possible. Please continue to invite your friends to play (I'm going to pester the artists about new referral CSes soon) and if you happen to be around when I'm on Twitch, come say hi! These interactions with you all help make my days much more pleasant. Thank you all.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
sojubean's Avatarsojubean
take good care of your mental health Niet :) thats most important here. I will admit with the initial announcement of PFNew, I was skeptical about even remaining or sinking anything further into the game (PFQ) and that put a stunt in a lot of motivation on site here overall for me, but having concrete confirmation here that PFQ won't be closed in favor of + PFNew being its own thing and not really like pfq, that's a good thing to note. Out of curiosity, will there be allowed trading between the two sites at all? Like user A has pokefarm currency to obtain something on PFNew and vice versa?
Pokemon Art Shop | Fusion Adopt Shop | Pkmn/Items shop Active Trade Forums | Nature Collector Directory | My Journal 🍑 Naive/Timid/Impish Collector 🍑 🐝 Bee Lover 🐝
Flawless Dark Gem

Flawless Dark Gem

Gem

(: 0)

A beautiful Dark Gem that shines radiantly.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +18,082,541
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Nightmare Shroud

Nightmare Shroud

Summon Item

A shroud that is weaved from the darkest of nightmares. It appears to absorb light into it. With it, it's possible to summon the Legendary Pokémon Darkrai.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +8,744,963
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Snow Jewel

Snow Jewel

Forme-Change Item

A delicate jewel that seems to be frozen.

Sells for 325

Lv. 100 — +7,439,552
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 100 — +7,608,020
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Timid nature
Nikkichu's AvatarNikkichu
Sorry to hear about your health. Their is nothing wrong with putting yourself first. I'm a new player and after many years hiatus from pokemon and losing enjoyment from new ds games, i came accross your site and fell in love with pokemon again. its been a great distraction from real life and stress. and i'm sure many players here can agree they enjoy delving into pfq and getting lost collecting pokemon and helping eachother level up. if any suggestions help for pfnew i'd like to suggest maybe taking scour missions more into depth, like an emulator of the original gameboy games like silver/ crystal/ yellow. where you can take your chosen pokemon and walk about, collect things or battle trainers/ do missions for trainers to get an item. that kind of idea? may give those veteren players more options when out of hoarding pokemon 😁 bit more interaction. take care of yourself and thank you for the oppertunity to play and experience your game. i'm addicted haha.⭐🌟
Pfp credit TaylorTrap622 on Twitter/X

QUOTE originally posted by sojubean

Out of curiosity, will there be allowed trading between the two sites at all? Like user A has pokefarm currency to obtain something on PFNew and vice versa?
The basic idea would be that it would fall under "Off-site trading" but because we own both platforms, we'd be able to do more about it due to having direct access to the relevant "trails", so to speak. Basically a 'do at your own risk but that does not mean we won't sort anything out'.
muffi's Avatarmuffi
Thanks for adressing the topic so open, im sure this take a lot of courage! i really hope that youre in therapy and get help to work on dealing with the things that you feel confronted with too harshly! This sure isnt an easy road, but im sure you will do well and end up as a stronger self! If that means for you to let go on PFQ, you should decide for whatever is the best for your health! In case for the site to work on, i wondered if there have been surveys on how the players play and what the elements are that they enjoy the most, since there is such a big difference in stuff you can do here! If you should consider it and want help in setting up something for relevant results to work with, i would volunteer! :)
Made by popcorn8784
0/5000
Looking for jolly:
Ariados/Spinarak
Golisopod/Wimpod
Pinsir
Vikavolt/Charjabug/Grubbin
Araquanid/Dewpider
Aysu Llyr's AvatarAysu Llyr
As my current Rp leader says, "Health Before Rp" and I think you taking some time off to take care of yourself is perfectly valid and reasonable. I still remember coming here during PF1's 3rd anniversary and just being like, "This is my new favorite website" and honestly that opinion hasn't changed at all. I may not do much around here anymore beyond interactions, but I plan to stick around until the site falls (in my opinion that's at least another two decades or so from now. Or the world dies, whichever comes first).
Avatar is made by Nightfury28. My Ponysona, Remembrance.
PaintedFence's AvatarPaintedFence
whatever you do, please remember to prioritize your mental state over the game. im sure the majority of your users will understand that. of course, there's no pleasing every single person and that's okay, it's normal. this site is not more important than your or any other mod's wellbeing.

scott | adult | extra silly free templates pkmn adoptables love yourself or else i'll love you
credits
background: animation by Da Dou coding: by me
Wrathion's AvatarWrathion
Glad you're feeling better Niet, I definitely understand getting so burned out. I'm excited to see what the PFNew ends up looking like, my main concern when it was first proposed was that it would replace PFQ. Knowing they'll basically be two games for me to enjoy instead is a big relief. Make sure you keep your mental health in mind going forward, most of us understand. It's especially difficult in a community where negative feedback on change is pretty common.
Tenn's AvatarTenn
Take care of yourself, please! Nothing is worth ruining your health over. I'm looking forward to seeing what PFNew will be like and what changes it will have.
(By the hearts of broken dreams) Let’s build it one piece at a time, A today where you’re not alone (Always, Always) We’ve created a fortunate nation again Ah, all the time “Why do people get close to one another?” I question, and the sun rises
kaiforest's Avatarkaiforest
I'm glad the break helped! We all want you to take care of yourself, Niet. I don't think I'll ever be done collecting on here but I'm also excited for PFNew

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page