PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Hypermode Compromise/Übercharm Update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 678

Methos's AvatarMethos
With all the changes that have occurred in the past week or so, and all of the feedback we have received, we are going to put the majority of the changes we'd discussed and debated on the percolator, to decide further down the line whether the ideas therein would be beneficial to the game as a whole to implement. For now, these are what we're implementing: HM prices have been lowered to the midpoint between the previous cost and the new cost: 600 ZC per a 28-day HM. Bulk discounts of course apply, at 3000 ZC for 180-day HM and 4800 ZC for 365-day HM. Players who purchased HM at the higher prices will have the difference reimbursed to them. To balance out the drop in price, and to reduce the immediate impact on the Summon Item market, free Legendary Seals per month have also been reduced from 5 to 3. Übercharms have been retooled to boost melan chances only, but at 8x the base chance. There have been complaints for a very long time that Shinies/Albinos approach worthlessness because their markets have been oversaturated due to melan hunting. This aims to begin correcting that. Further adjustments may be needed at some point, but we can't even begin to judge what or how until the oversaturation issue has been addressed, which won't happen overnight.
On a more personal note, I was rather saddened to see that so many posts were overwhelmingly negative no matter what was suggested, or which feedback was taken into account (though thank you to those who backed up their feedback with logic, and especially those of you who toiled through the math). We're more than aware we can't make everyone happy, but the last day or so has felt like running into one wall of rejection after another until the message we got was that we couldn't really make anyone happy while still maintaining a successful business. Morale is not very high right now on this side of the fence.
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.
NightmareWolf's AvatarNightmareWolf
I really like that your working on stuff to make this site better. and that you are taking opinions from more users then just a few people only say this is bad and then don't go into a structured reasoning as to how its bad. and im really excited for the changes that are happening no matter what happens from this moment on.
Nightmarewolf
official mew sprites found on pokemondb.net my avi made by alexa 2d/3d
King Dedede's AvatarKing Dedede
I like this compromise a lot more! Just a quick question, are you still planning on implementing the single use shiny charms for gp?
Buying White Belts for 14 ZC or equiv Avatar drawn for me by a friend who doesn't use pokefarm q
Score: 0
badge by LycanKai
louiserace's Avatarlouiserace
Thank you for all your work on the site. Don't be too downhearted. I find that it is always the small group of people who are negative that are loudest and it tends to drown out the majority of people who are being reasonable and positive.
Please visit my shop
Avatar by Sharpy for my use only / Shop button by hamster
Methos's AvatarMethos

QUOTE originally posted by Ken From Streets

I like this compromise a lot more! Just a quick question, are you still planning on implementing the single use shiny charms for gp?
Not at this time, though it's not off the table if the benefits outweigh the drawbacks sometime in the future.
River Otter's AvatarRiver Otter
I know it's disheartening on a personal level, but I think the PFQ team sharing all these updates and plans is healthy for the game. It's improved transparency and allows the users to feel engaged in discussion. I hope you can all come to a reasonable middle ground.
Agent3's AvatarAgent3
Damn and I was really liking the possibility of throwing on an overclock for a day after the update dropped Serious note, I do appreciate the motions to address many others' issues with the changes. It's really refreshing to see such care/responsiveness with site rebalancing this past week.
seth | 22 | he/him medical lab science student journal icon + sig of my character, by me.
Armarouge's AvatarArmarouge
Honestly my only real complaint was the hypermode cost (ties in currency issue which I know no one will ever agree on), whether I'm f2p or p2p in the future, I just couldn't get behind 700ZC. I can live with the other stuff personally. Thank you for keeping us updated with these things. A major thing in the past that made me get quite upset was the lack of news mentions before it is brought in, and that's been solved in the past few days I believe. Yes, suggestions and whatnot forums, but that area of the site is extremely intimidating and I rely on news to get the news hopefully before an update so it can be brought to light more openly first. x'D But as I said, this has been solved over the past few days in my opinion. :) No one will 100% be happy, me included, but for what this post mentions in particular, I'm personally fine with this and support it.
  • Babies
  • Shop/ETC
Big Pearl

Big Pearl

Treasure

(: 0)

A lovely large pearl that would sell at a high price.

Sells for 3,750

Lv. 100 — +11,596,429
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Hardy nature
Sun Jewel

Sun Jewel

Forme-Change Item

A little jewel that flickers with a warm glow.

Sells for 325

Lv. 100 — +4,403,628
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FireGhost
Happiness MAX
Lonely nature
Gold Leaf

Gold Leaf

Treasure

A strange, gold-coloured leaf.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +8,950,925
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GrassPsychic
Happiness MAX
Lonely nature
I am a PFQ Starter Collector! Icon by myself.
Joint Shop (Summons/6IVs) Most Wanted Summon TR Points 0
MossDragon's AvatarMossDragon
I really appreciate all the hard work you guys are doing, I understand this is stressful and I really hope you can go through all the feedback and see what seems the best solution! This is a great way to come to solutions that most will agree with, I get it that it may be disheartening to see rejection on some ideas but I feel like this is a great way to discuss and see what community is looking for exactly. I'm glad the HM price has been dropped to 600 ZC and taking out from 5 to 3 Legendary Seals is the best thing that could have been reduced to balance out price drop. Now you can buy Legendary Seals for great price so if somebody really wants them they can purchase on their own, they're not reason why people buy HM anyway. The Overclocking and 1-use Shiny Charms seemed really complicated (and it's still too early for me to fully comprehend the whole thing and didn't even manage to catch up before the thread was locked), so I'm not too sold on that idea for now, but I really liked the HM-Lite suggestion so I hope that's something that gets taken into consideration because it seems like a much more simple solution. The Ubercharm change also sounds pretty good, no complaints about that for now, hopefully it solves the oversaturation of Shinies and Albinos and raises their prices a little bit while helping out with Melan hunting.
collecting: ShopCredsTemplates ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
JolteonNinja's AvatarJolteonNinja
Hello! First I appreciate the changes that are made. Good, bad or indifferent, it is a nice breath of fresh air to see that re evaluation after so much improvement has happened on the site. Second, there are many people who dont like change at first but I think once these new changes are put in place and details ironed, things will settle. Third, I think that due to the timing of these changes with the suddent drop of RMT trading may seem to some as putting a bandage on the huge wound but again, time heals all wounds so I ask that mods and developers to stay strong through the storm. Things will settle down. :)
Forum avatar commissioned from CSY Team Dark (Apr 2024) 2500
61/750

Pages: 123··· 678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page