PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Hypermode Compromise/Übercharm Update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345678

cutiecutekate's Avatarcutiecutekate
i think u tried implemented too many changes at once thats why feedback was negative, it was all so confusing !! im glad there r not too many changes now and i hope u can figure out how to ballance the game :3 also im sad how many people quit their shops or the site, pokefarm will soon be empty ;;w;;;
avatar art by Res0nare & signature art by Goat-Nerd :3 ← click 💕
Calypso25's AvatarCalypso25
I actually like the updates, and while they are not perfect i defenitely dont have any ideas on how to make it better, i still very much apprichiate all the ideas and work that was put into it :)
Litterally the Queen of bad ideas Profile picture made in a Picrew wich was made by Ummmandy on Tumblr
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü

QUOTE originally posted by Syelfavaki

I think the issue here isn't the staff, it's users being jerks to admins and mods and developers who are simply trying to help them out. Really apalled at some of the responses on the recent news articles and am surprised some of these people dare show their face after their rude remarks.
It is honestly a mixture, I do not think staff is at 100% fault but neither is the userbase. It is a 50/50 road overall, but people shouldn't be forced to never speak again just because they disagreed with things that were implemented. In certain situations of course people could say things nicer, but everyone gets caught up in a moment of anger sometimes and just say things without thinking, which happens A LOT on this site. Staff says things that upset users, users say things that upset staff, users say things that upset each other. It is a viscious cycle, but I do not think it is fair to blame soley the userbase and say others should just "not show their face" after their behavior when people can grow and learn from behavior. Someone who was rude previously may read this post and learn from their actions. Overall right now it is just positive feedback in response to this, and people saying why they feel others felt the way they did. Everyone appreciates the mod teams hardwork, a lot of just feel like they say they'll listen then they don't. The communication has always been an issue, staff is working on it and we do our best to be patient but sometimes it is a bit frustrating especially with all of these changes at once in such a short time period it overwhelmed a lot of people. While I do think there are situations where users are a bit harsh, but to them they aren't "jerks for no reason" they feel they are valid, the issue is more about the wording than anything and everyone takes everything differently. Something that might not seem harsh to you, may be considered extremely harsh to someone else. It's difficult to find an overall balance, but I really do not think it is fair to say it's 100% only the userbases fault and staff is at 0 fault when that is simply not true. I get they are trying to do their jobs, but things were said/confusion happened/a lot of stuff happened at once and it just overwhelmed a good portion of people who reacted in a way that may come off as rude. When something you love and are passionate about has a big change that you don't understand, of course you may "overreact" in a way that comes off as negative. Not everyone will, but there are a lot of personality types, age groups, and much more on this site and it is not so simple as to "Everyone get along please ♥" Overall I don't think there's even a point in assigning blame in this situation, it is about moving on and learning from it that helps - perhaps a "Why did the users react this way" "what could have been done differently to prevent it" would have been better as opposed to immediately saying "Users are bad and if they were mean they shouldn't show their face" tbh Edit: as a side note I am sorry for the long response, but I think saying something like this is rather dangerous as you will get people who take it the wrong way and will always worry about whether they are coming off as a bad person and will stop posting/giving their thoughts on suggestions which will overall hurt the site further.
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
lordfruitloop's Avatarlordfruitloop
I'm really sorry that seems to be the sentiment. I figure if thats the case, I should put my two cents in, that being I thought that the retooling and rebalancing is awesome! I love that HM feels More rewarding and that you guys are looming at old features and Seeing what needs to be tweaked. Thank you for your hard work in making this site the best it can be! I really appriciate it!!
~*Working on getting arceus!*~
EggDex - 624/624
Pokedex - 1439/1442
Deermoth's AvatarDeermoth
God. Ever since the HM-Lite suggestions thread I've been agreeing 100% with Glacegoss. They word things so perfectly and explain the frustrations of the people who were upset by the changes in a way that anyone can understand. They're also not one of the extremely rude ones, but know when to put their foot down. I love this compromise. It was the best route the staff could've taken after the backlash of the last suggestion. Take care of yourselves, you're as human as we are and self-care is important.
Art Shop Collecting 21/500 15/500
LethalLulu's AvatarLethalLulu
I don't usually post in these threads, but I want to show my support. I think these additions to the hypermode are fantastic. Even things like the 20% discount for the albino radar. All the extra rewards are also great! I'm always down for more bonuses xD
Please visit my shop! I sell Shinies, Albinos, Dex Trades, Currency, Breeding Pairs, Ready to Evolve Pokemon, and do offsite trading!
Sparkys's AvatarSparkys
All these updates are actually making me want to start hunting full time again, this is great. Thank you! The ubercharm and radar discount are by far the best in my book.
Snowpix - Made by Chronos
Thanks to Zanitha for making my snorpix(fusion sprite) for me as a gift and to Zorualord14for my Goldpix trophy
Melia's AvatarMelia
I have one question regarding the new Ubercharm, and I know it's kinda stupid, but I just have difficulties understanding some mechanics >///< So, if I have HM + uber + shiny charm and I add a Z-crystal to all this, by how much does my melan chance increase? I don't require exact percentages, just if the chances of getting a melan are significant, moderate, or slight, when using a z-crystal. I never really noticed much of a difference when using a z-crystal in the past (or maybe I was just unlucky), so I'd like to know if with the new Ubercharm it is worth to buy additional z-crystals or just use the 2 I get from type-race.
Melia ✦ Inactive 「 Star searing flames of absolution! 」
credit
Background is official art from Xenoblade Chronicles Avatar made for me by sherrie F2U code by Gumshoe
SwingingSyo's AvatarSwingingSyo
Didn't get the chance to post in the thread from earlier today, but watching the threads in real time this past week has shown how being admin-side on a website like this can be a thankless job. That's not to put anyone down, because like Glacegoss said I don't think anyone's at fault really, I just mean...It felt rough, as a user, watching Niet try to plug up holes in the proverbial boat and each time one got plugged two more opened up. That's the nature of the site I suppose, with lots of users and varying playstyles, can't make things fair for everyone, but...Still, extending my sympathies. I can easily understand being overwhelmed and dejected by what's gone on. I would be too, if I were on the other end of it. At the same time, there was a lot of interesting and constructive feedback in these discussions. The fact that we could talk about these things at all is fantastic and I'm glad we got that, honestly. I really hope we can continue this way in the future, despite some turbulence. The current change is a nice compromise between reworking the shiny hunt/HM mechanics and leaving the old systems in place. I don't have any thoughts about it personally, though I do I think stepping back to watch its effects over time is a good idea. Both for obvious practical reasons, and it gives everyone a chance to step out of the kitchen for a while and get some fresh air. I think everyone's been a little overwhelmed and frustrated recently, and that hasn't helped the situation. I think the core idea of reworking these site mechanics that are...how old now? is an encouraging sign of life. I'm personally very happy to see the issues with the site economy being addressed and attempted to be resolved. The details are less important to me than the fact that, hey, we're trying something new and different to fix things here! Let's try it! I think...I also think it's hard to rebalance stuff like this because no one likes getting their stuff taken away/made harder/more expensive. Users more affected by that will be more likely to speak up about it. Plus adjusting to changes after being invested in one system for years is inherently bumpy. Anyway, I'm still hopeful for the future. It feels like we could be headed in a good direction down the road. Will be interested to try a melan hunt for the first time, if I get my hands on an Ubercharm now!
Icon cropped from my own artwork here.
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
I feel like a huge part of that is also the fact there are way more users than there are staff (Which is to be expected of course) so there are a lot more people voicing disdain against things and not much staff speaking out in response giving us reasons for decisions...Which, I am not trying to blame staff in anyway on that - they cannot be on 24/7 to watch and respond to all of us that is not my point I just mean that due to this things are easily lost in translation, news post can have 30 pages of questions and responses to those questions and people asking the same questions that have already been answered because they shouldn't be expected to go through 30+ pages of questions and concerns. A lot of people have similar opinions and voice their reasoning for each opinion so some questions never get answered or are buried behind "negativity". I feel like constructive feedback is really important for the site health overall, but a lot of the times it really isn't constructive feedback just us as users making demands and being upset, us blaming mods/admins and then mods/admins blaming users and the cycle repeats every single time. I am happy we were able to come with a compromise that should hopefully work for a large portion of the userbase, but it was a struggle to get here for both sides. I don't think anyone likes going off on others or making staff feel this way. I feel like most users start off pretty polite/constructive overall/and are just asking "Why make this change I don't understand" and it is being taken in a different way than the user is intending it to be taken (Which, is unfortunately something that easily happens over the internet) I really don't feel that most users are intentionally trying to be rude, they are just very upset and trying to get their point across. I think as the userbase we definitely could stand to improve how we react towards Mods/Admins but I think they could improve too. Both sides need to work together in this type of situation as the mods are human just as we are. We all will make mistakes and continue to do so, but as I said its really just about how we grow from them and learn from those mistakes. What can we do to prevent users being so harsh towards mods/admins in the future? Personally I would like to see better communication overall from both sides. Constructive criticism needs to be worked on a lot in terms of users, instead of saying "This is dumb I hate it" it would be great to include reasons why you dislike it and several ways you could see it not only affecting you, but affecting other users as well. For me I had a hard time because the HM prices didn't really affect me at all, but I could see a lot of other users were struggling with these prices and didn't like them one bit, so I wanted to add feedback on what might make it more worth it. There are a lot of situations where Niet is the only person who can answer specific questions which can cause a major issue as sometimes those questions don't get answered due to being buried by a lot of other information. (And obviously he cannot respond to so many people who are writing large paragraphs of why they dislike something) Some news post do have a FAQ section (RMT for example) It would be great if every news post had a FAQ section that was updated as people posted on it, this of course is a large amount of work though. Even with the Overclocking suggestion (That is not happening now) , a LOT of people had questions about Shiny Charms (Changes for this are also not happening atm)/Uber Charm even though they had a lot of explaination of it, some people aren't able to grasp things like that as quickly as others (It is okay if you don't know something! You just don't know it and that doesn't make you dumb) not to mention a lot of people on this site, their first language isn't english so sometimes if things are not broken down in a way that is easier for them to understand - things get lost in translation even further. A huge problem I've seen previously is us as users just being "expected to know everything" when that is just overall not fair towards us. We ask for help or an explaination and we are met with belittlement, and if it's not intended as belittlement it comes off as that way sometimes. (This varies per person, as I said but I know several users feel like they can't speak up or they will get in trouble/or made to feel stupid.) Stating this, proves my point that both sides need to work on a lot of things. Users attacking admins leads to them attacking back leads to more issues with communication/site updates/user feedback/staff acknowlidging users/etc I really hope this latest issue with it proves as a stepping stone to allow for us to better the site. I am really just tired of all the negativity from both sides and want to see an actual change. Obviously, once again these are just my personal opinions/thoughts/observations what have you. Not trying to speak for anyone else overall or anything

Pages: 12345678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page