PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Hypermode Compromise/Übercharm Update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 5678

Deermoth's AvatarDeermoth

QUOTE originally posted by Glacegoss

..news post can have 30 pages of questions and responses to those questions and people asking the same questions that have already been answered because they shouldn't be expected to go through 30+ pages of questions...
Maybe for each response a staff member gives, make it an official edit on the original post. Or a second post with all the Q+A all official and in one spot so users don't have to find a specific response buried deep in the thread. I think that'd be a lot more practical! Just a lot of edits and quote-posts in one post so all the common questions and their "official" answers are there.

QUOTE originally posted by Glacegoss

It would be great if every news post had a FAQ section that was updated as people posted on it
Oof. Read further and it was soooort of suggested in that same post xD It WOULD be a lot of work though. But it'd help a lot of the confusion, especially with newer players! Good luck to the staff/mods! ;w;
Art Shop Collecting 21/500 15/500
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight

QUOTE originally posted by Deermoth

-snip-
I believe it's Flight Rising that has an ability to jump to the next staff post in a thread. Maybe something like that would work here?
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
GLJordan's AvatarGLJordan
as somebody who has to deal with depression for a long time. Life stinks/sucks and the world is going to hell. sometimes the best "victory" is just getting up in the "morning" to spite the people giving you the reasons top stay in bed.

i think u tried implemented too many changes at once thats why feedback was negative, it was all so confusing !! im glad there r not too many changes now and i hope u can figure out how to ballance the game :3
I think you have that somewhat backwards. they had to remove Real word trading for legal resons. that set of a wave of negativity and I am quiting. they then tried to offset it for people as a background task because of event/annivesary. they then got some ideas that would work and could get done quickly.another wave of negativeity and I am going to quit. adjust, more negativity and I am going to quit.

also im sad how many people quit their shops or the site, pokefarm will soon be empty ;;w;;;
I having been paying SWTOTR for a good 8 years. people have been saying it will be gone soon for pretty much all that time. People come, People go. it is the ones who stay for the long run you respect. the fewer reasons one has to stay the more likely they are to leave regradless of what the site does.
CQHerosteve's AvatarCQHerosteve
I honestly feel like the staff is trying very hard to mke changes to better things. Humans are so afraid of change that if something they are used to change too suddenly everyone gets upset. I'm happy that they're listening to feedback and responding to people they way they are. But for a community of pokemon players, we're more competitive than we think. I took a break from pokefarm after hunting something for 2 years and someone hatching the one shot I had for a melan discovery in 2 weeks. I felt like all my effort was pointless because everyone else on the site hatched melans in 200 eggs when I was at a 5k chain with all boosts. RNG isn't fun, and money is hard to come by, but the staff are trying to balance things to help players who aren't swamped in zc play while still making money. I won't stop playing until I get my living dex, and even if I'm heartbroken that I won't get any melans anymore, I'll still support you Admins, you're doing a great job. Just keep it up and pull through. Because yes, it is impossible to make everyone happy, but seeing you trying so hard it does make me feel like you are on our side, it's just not everyone can see eye to eye.
Made by CQHerosteve
Profile Picture Made by me. Maravol belongs to PFQ, Typhlosion belongs to Pokemon
miha's Avatarmiha
I really love the change of the Ubercharm, since one could get so many shinys or albinos before finally getting the melan one was actually hunting for. For me that kind of lead to not being really happy about a s/a anymore because it was "just" shiny number 200 or something. I really hope that it balances this out a bit. So, I'm super excited about it!
Tøxtriicity's AvatarTøxtriicity
I wish you could have seen my face knowing that ubercharms boost melan chances now. And that shinies and albinos will be more rare going forward. I'm thrilled! I'm so glad I stocked up on them before
profile picture: Taken directly in game of my own toxtricity.
Just gonna throw this out there. I lurked in the last thread but didn't post because it seemed pointless, the changes had good reasons and other than personal disappointment I didn't have much to add. However, after seeing Methos discuss low morale and trying to run a business in his post, I feel I would like to lend my opinion. As a hardcore player who waxes and wanes in his play, I will say that the idea that RMT could always be an option - even if I wouldn't have really sold anything - was a large motivation factor for me playing the game. Knowing while I have money, I can get some ZC and if I find myself desperate, I can sell the mealns I've been sitting on for a couple hundred bucks was always one of the best parts of the game for me. I understand the legality issues and wholeheartedly agree that as an EU game, this is subject to far more regulation, not to mention tax laws on both sides of the pond. At the same time, the game will never be what it was before the changes. I think the sooner everyone, staff and players alike accept that, the better the game can move forward. Expect people to spend less, stick around less, and play less as a whole. It's unfortunate but it's reality. Either way, hope for the best for staff and hope they can try to look on the bright side: at least legal issues can be dodged on this front.
Tune's AvatarTune
I've been on hiatus for a bit and come back and read all the updates every now and then so I'm not entirely clueless. I personally don't mind the increase in HM/UC costs/ZC nor the change of seals to legendary seals, I'll work around it. I also don't have any issues with the RMT I saw mentioned in one of the updates either, better follow the law after all. I'm mixed feelings about the UC though because on one hand an increase in melan chances is great, but also I quite enjoyed the bazillion shinies/albinos I used to get as I've been trying to farm delta points for a delta melan hunt in the distant future and this change will probably make it impossible for me unless I spend like 10+ years. Delta hunts are basically going to be harder than melanistics eventually. I also can't really do "quick hunts" over the span of a week to get a full shiny/albino set of a mon because of the change so overall it's gonna be harder for me to achieve anything I'd like. My physical condition makes this game generally harder for me so I enjoyed how forgiving hunting used to be despite my handicaps with the help of an Übercharm. But I assume that enough people were annoyed over "easy albino/shiny" results for this change to be implemented so I'll have to try to play with it as much as I can. Which, atm isn't anything at all because my joints are still in a bad flare so I'll be on hiatus for a bit more anyway. Hopefully, luck will be on my side when I return and able to click again!
hoarding for future hunt •°•° sit down and have a cup of tea, you deserve some rest °•°• Avatar made by me depicting my pokésona.
Wrathion's AvatarWrathion
Not sure if anyone asked yet, but will the Sei counter be adjusted since shinies hatch at a less frequent rate now? Also loving the legendary seals, this makes hunting Melan legends a far more realistic goal for more people.
hayday6's Avatarhayday6

QUOTE originally posted by Voide

Not sure if anyone asked yet, but will the Sei counter be adjusted since shinies hatch at a less frequent rate now? Also loving the legendary seals, this makes hunting Melan legends a far more realistic goal for more people.
hey there's actually a thread up for this very thing in suggestions right now definitely go check it out!

Pages: 123··· 5678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page