PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

"Tiered" Hypermode?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123··· 678

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Mouse 13

As much as I hate the tier subscription method, having a cheaper version of HM with less bonuses would make it more feasible to spend some money on the site.
Is this something the community would get behind? If so, what bonuses should go where? Edit: There is a poll for a possible HM tier here.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Lawless's AvatarLawless
A lot of people would, make a "legacy" HM that still costs the 500 and just doesn't have the new bonuses.
Jayden | Ghost | Vivillon Enthusiast
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 96 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +1,909,890
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
x 4 / 200
Collecting for Koko hunt!
x 9 / 1000
Collecting for Articuno hunt!
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
Well if there is a Legacy HM I feel like no one would buy the new one, as an issue with the new one is most people feel like it doesn't offer enough, so before offering "tiers" (Which would be a great idea) I think we would need to fix the issue with the latest version first and add things to it that would make the community feel it's a bit more worth the price.
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"

QUOTE originally posted by Lawless

A lot of people would, make a "legacy" HM that still costs the 500 and just doesn't have the new bonuses.
I can't do that. I changed it for a reason and added the extra features to soften the blow. Real-world inflation is one reason for the change. In the past 10 years inflation has meant we were taking a loss of 35% on Hypermode sales, so increasing the price by 40% redressed that and added a little future-proofing. I'm happy to offer a more lightweight version for around 300-400 ZC, if we can find a suitable balance.
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
I feel like the main reason anyone really buys HM is for the shiny hunting benefits. If you make a lite mode where it's the same shiny hunting benefits, I doubt many people will buy the more expensive one. But any lite mode without that, people wouldn't really want to buy. I'm not seeing a great solution to this off the top of my head, but maybe someone else is wiser than I.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
Lawless's AvatarLawless

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Lawless

I can't do that. I changed it for a reason and added the extra features to soften the blow. Real-world inflation is one reason for the change. In the past 10 years inflation has meant we were taking a loss of 35% on Hypermode sales, so increasing the price by 40% redressed that and added a little future-proofing. I'm happy to offer a more lightweight version for around 300-400 ZC, if we can find a suitable balance.
What are you even talking about? It's a pokemon site and it does NOTHING to you to leave the prices as are for the same bonuses we had. If you can do a "lightweight" verison than you can make a legacy one. Add more bonuses to the newer HM to justify the price. You're at a loss of prices because your playerbase is dropping not 'cause you're losing out from people having hm, increasing the price you're just dooming the site to fail because there's a lot of people who don't want to buy now at all.
If you do not understand any of what I'm telling you, then I cannot usefully converse with you. I'm sorry.
I'm not entire sure how many tiers there should be, so I'll try and break it down in a few ways that could make sense.

2 Tiers

Tier 1: 28d HM = 500 - free GP - Gp discount - boosted EXP - powering the pokeradar - albino radar discount. Tier 2: 28d HM = 700 (or maybe a little more? wouldn't complain about 750 with the split options) - all above bonuses of course - Summon items - daycare adoptions - Shorter release times so basically you'd be able to melan hunt with the first tier, but the second tier would make it a heck of a lot easier.

3 Tiers

Tier 1: 28d HM = 250 - powering the pokeradar - albino radar discount - boosted EXP - + 6 daycare adopts Tier 2: 28d HM = 500 - all of the above - GP discount - Free GP - Daycare adoptions - + 12 daycare adopts Tier 3: 28d HM = 750 - all of the above - Shorter release times - Summon items - + 18 daycare adopts
I feel like stuff will need to move tiers, because priorities differ between hunters, but for me this is how I would prioritise spending, depending on my income. I'd definitely shell out for the higher tiers when life allowed it.
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
I haven't really been following up with all the discussions, honestly it's been a bit of a mess, but since there's now a suggestion regarding it I kind of want to give my input. Personally, I feel like an easy fix for both sides is just dropping the price by like 100zc. That's fair in my eyes, you get that much basically with the added GP you're getting from Fabulous Friday, which isn't free mind you, it still requires work, but it helps balance it out. I don't see how 200zc added on is worth it because I don't see 200zc worth of added benefits, and I'm not even sure what to suggest that would make that happen. 600zc as the price though isn't too much of an increase to cause the reaction this has been receiving, and it's still extra money gained from those that are buying ZC to meet their hunting needs. I like most of the changes, honestly I don't even hate the Ubercharm costing an extra 50zc, but I just can't get behind Hypermode going up by 200zc when there's not enough to support it. I appreciate the attempt, but I just don't think 200zc is worthwhile. As most people have shared, it feels like you need to have Hypermode anyways though to do any hunts, so it's kind of like putting a lot of people in a difficult position. A lot of people evidently dislike it, but they'll likely continue to buy it. I'm hoping this doesn't mean it's kept at it's current price because people feel forced to buy it, I'm hoping it's lowered instead of alternative options being offered. I can appreciate the effort being made though with this suggestion. But I'll have to voice that I don't support Tiers with less benefits, I'd prefer seeing a price decrease. Limiting the ZC sales to the site and not amongst other users for their IRL currencies should solve the other problem. I imagine all of the other changes have given a lot of incentive to purchase ZC already, I'm sure a lot of Seals/Boxes have been bought based off that alone.
oof, I forgot to add the new FabFri bonus in somewhere :/ I'm not terribly fussed about it though so maybe keep it to the higher tiers

Pages: 123··· 678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page