PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

"Tiered" Hypermode?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123··· 5678

MossDragon's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMossDragon
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by sojussimblr

To clarify my particular response to the poll: I voted 'I buy and would continue to buy full HM', but in reality there's a chance I'd go to HM-Lite (if implemented) for months when I'm not likely to be as active as I usually am, or when my funds are particularly low.
sojussimblr brings up a great point, I wasn't too keen on HM-Lite suggestion but this changed my perspective a bit, I wouldn't mind spending 280 ZC every 28 days for the time when I know I won't have enough time to properly hunt but still would like to very casually hatch, and hey, maybe I get lucky with whatever I'm trying to hunt. I've gone a few months hunting without HM and it's frustrating, I'd take the chain 39 over hunting without HM for when I'm not as active, sounds like a good alternative. It's still better than playing HM-less and I'd say it's possible to hatch at least 10 ZC worth (20 ZC if hunting with UC and then that'd cover UC's price as well) of S/A a day to sell off and earn for next HM-Lite upgrade, maybe even regular HM, and ofc there's always BoxBoxes that can be sold to speed up ZC collecting. But either way I'm looking forward to what you come up with, hopefully something the major part of community will be happy with.
collecting: summon_zek.png m.png ShopCredsTemplates b.png ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
sojubean's Avatarsojubean
grandmaster.pngb.png
My vote is "I am not interested in Hypermode "Lite" and I now cannot afford "Hypermode Full" anymore with the price hike unless I save for months to get a year which isn't easily feasible without hypermode." You need hypermode to save up for hypermode in a fair amount of time that doesnt costs you months or longer. Hopefully this can be rectified where its fair to the players and not a money hole for the site itself to lose out on. Sleep well niet!
Pokemon Art Shop | Fusion Adopt Shop | Pkmn/Items shop Active Trade Forums | Nature Collector Directory | My Journal 🍑 Naive/Timid/Impish Collector 🍑 🐝 Bee Lover 🐝 ice.pngfairy.pnggrass.pngdark.pngghost.pngdragon.png
Flawless Dark Gem

Flawless Dark Gem

Gem

(item.png: 0)

A beautiful Dark Gem that shines radiantly.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +18,085,580
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Grass
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Nightmare Shroud

Nightmare Shroud

Summon Item

A shroud that is weaved from the darkest of nightmares. It appears to absorb light into it. With it, it's possible to summon the Legendary Pokémon Darkrai.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +9,285,853
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Snow Jewel

Snow Jewel

Forme-Change Item

A delicate jewel that seems to be frozen.

Sells for 325

Lv. 100 — +7,976,006
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 100 — +8,144,652
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Timid nature
I'm well aware being free to play is sustainable. I've done it, I can absolutely support myself. But I don't have time for both melan hunting and gathering currency. I have like, 50? Maybe more? Summons sitting in my inventory and so many other things to sell off. But I don't find trading fun, I want to melan hunt. I would like to spend time on the the things I actually enjoy. I know no one forces me to play, I WANT to play. I want to be able to pay for the full bonuses of melan hunting and support the site with regular ZC purchases. Just to clear up the misinformation about me. ---- Thanks Niet, this was certainly wild. I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out, and hopefully will go back to regular purchases once money improves, regardless of how HM ends up.
poison.png0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
KaidaMcWoomy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngKaidaMcWoomy
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png
so I voted for both. Right now I am a free-to-play player who loves shiny hunting, but it can be really tedious without the boosts (I was saving up for a shiny charm box and now I don't need to do that so yay!) I think a "light" hyper mode isn't a bad idea for a few reasons 1) It makes the most appealing aspect of hyper mode accessible to a wider player base while still retaining the higher boosts of hypermode for the "full price" version (39 chain for lite, 40 chain for regular HM) 2) It makes the entire "pay to play" concept more accessible to a wider audience who may not be able to buy ZC with real world currency, but is able to sell a few specials to trade for it. 3) I am not an economist so like, I could be totally wrong on this, but if you have more people buying a slightly-less-expensive product, wouldn't it potentially make you just as much money if not more money than regular hypermode? Cause like, that's the same logic behind stores doing sales 'n stuff. So it might provide a way for you fine folks behind the site to get paid more reliably? 4) Provides a way for people to still get a small boost for when they may not be super active, instead of them either a) wasting their hyper mode or b) not renewing it (so less money for you guys) I'd be happy with either a full-on hypermode lite or just the chain option. One day I *would* like to buy regular hypermode because I really like a lot of the boosts but it's just not feasible for me right now :( A hypermode lite or a purchasable chain slot, though, is 10000% feasible and I'd definitely buy it ^_^ Hope you have a nice night Niet :)
She/Her please! I have free fields and free breeding pairs to give away so go to my shop if you want any! Please don't send trade related pms :) Previous Hunt: b.png r.png Paused Hunt: b.png k.png with a 2400ish chain Type Race: fighting.png 0
Stichman34's Avatarhypermode-12.pngStichman34
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd.png
Warning, maths in hideboxes! Okay, so if we have HMlite, HMboost and HMfull at the current suggested price points, then some of the "fluff" can be worked out with some user exchange rates on the GP. (excluding potential limitless of GP discounts and the like)

HMlite

280zc for the Hypermode, with recovered zc being +50ZC for 2 seals, +40zc for the 200GP claim for a total "value" the rest being 190zc

HMfull

700zc for the hypermode, with recovered zc being +125zc for 5 seals, +500gp for the claim, and +500gp for the fab friday bonus. this means that you recover 125+100+100=325ZC meaning the "value" of the rest is 375ZC. nearly double (which makes sense! Most effects here are doubled over HM lite)

HMboost

Since this is JUST the 40boost, this would have a value of AT MOST 375 using the above maths. If set to 400zc as the poll states as it's minimum, then users have access to it cheaper, but if they invest more, they get more value per ZC assuming they don't miss a friday, or the claims.
These all have merits based on user income, and would all see use depending on both finance and stage of game, but feels like it would be a bug squashing nightmare on something that's very important to the game. TL;DR, my vote is if HM 40boost gets implemented, it should be in the low 400's If HMlite gets added, then the suggesteds in the poll are a good balance for value. I would like both to be implemented at these prices, but that's my opinion :P HMlite 280zc HM40boost 400zc HMfull 700zc
Profile picture made by my friend Ronya as a commission. Edited and used with permission.
Kårñstêin's Avatarhypermode-12.pngKårñstêin
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
I honestly think having different tiers and a lite version would encourage me to get back into HM and hunting. Since I work so much I never have time to come onto the site half the time, which discourages me from buying HM at all cuz I don't wanna waste. But lite would be a perfect solution for players that wanna get some of those boosts but can't commit to the site enough to make the full HM purchase worth it. If there were a lite version, I think a lot of players like me who don't buy HM cuz they can't commit a lot of time to the game but still wanna enjoy it leisurely would end up buying into it
Red Soul Dew

Red Soul Dew

Summon Item

A small orb with a red coloration that manages to emanate playfulness. There is talk that inside it is the key to discovering the Legendary Pokémon, Latias.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +7,954,723
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Naïve nature
"Understand we'll go hand in hand but we'll walk alone in fear. Where do we go from here?"
GLJordan's AvatarGLJordan
master.pnge+.png
please keep in mind a free to play site is not free to run. just because you buy something for x does not mean everybody does I occasionally buy ZC but to be honest can only do it on paypal because of where I live so when that goes I won't be buying any period because I can't
v-ground.png 0
kaiforest's Avatarhypermode-12.pngkaiforest
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
I like the lite option for if you're not in a position to afford the full year price *quite* yet, but want to spend less zc to avoid losing hypermode in the meantime
RainbowSyrup's AvatarRainbowSyrup
ultra.pnge.png
Why not make HM-Lite hypermode *as it was* for the old price and then do standard HM with new bonuses? Then you could call it HM legacy, but as it stands HM-Lite as proposed feels more like raising the price of something so you can offer a worse version of it to those who cant afford the new price. edit: or at the very least do away with the 39 radar cap and let that be 40 too.
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
grandmaster.pnga.png
I don't want to sound like a broken record but I still don't find this to be a good solution to the problem of people don't want to pay more when there isn't enough to make it worthwhile. I don't think ignoring this and providing even more options is the way to go. As I said in my first post lowering the price to 600zc instead seems like a reasonable solution. I still feel this way instead of a bunch of extra vouchers for options instead. Given that the majority of the votes in that poll (I voted for it as well) is for continuing to buy Full HM I'd personally appreciate even more the price simply going down a bit. I still feel like I'm being forced to just put up with the added price without it feeling the added price worth it. I'm assuming I'm not the only again based off the poll votes as well. I'd love to see some discussion about this instead of seeing discussion for extra tiers.

Pages: 123··· 5678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page