PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

ZC rebalancing

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 202122

muffi's Avatarmuffi

QUOTE originally posted by torchie

I... honestly don't get why people keep saying zc is so expensive to get when in other countries? It's just how conversion rates are these days...? For ref, I'm in Korea. I buy zc when I can. these are my rates, to KRW (screenshot). Yeah, it feels more expensive to get for me. But at the end of the day, that still = gbp price stated. There is no extra fees or anything to pay for zc if using Stripe to buy directly... Maybe I'm misunderstanding things. I'm sorry if that is the case. I remember the days of the 6 extra daycare adopts being account-locked. I like the idea of it, if it doesn't expire. Otherwise, I'm fine with how the adopts work now :>
I think whats discussed here are not if someone has to pay more if he buy in another countries currency. The price is indeed about equal, at least for the market value and exchange rates for money. I guess. Where people feel that change is at their home, in their own poket, as money values not the same everywhere. I had this convo a couple years ago with friends of me that also regularly spent bigger money on a game we played together. They could, cause for them it was pocket money what equalled the money i had to spend for food each month. Im trying to simplify it to an example: Lets say theres a currency named '@' PFQ operates on. We both earn what equals 1000@ per month. For 1000@ in your country you would pay 300@ for rent, 300@ for food and 200@ for "adult stuff", like insurance, car etc. You still had 200@ left at the end of the month to save or spend on fun things. PFQ asks for 20@ for HM. Steep, but just 10% of your fun-stuff-money, and worth fun for a month. In my country things cost different prices. Food is much cheaper, so i would only spend 100@ on that, "adult stuff" would also be 175@ only, but housing costs me 700@. So my save-up or fun-money would be 25@, making the HM 80% of it. So in this example the HM price would be the same for us, but the monetairy value differs a lot in our pockets.
Made by popcorn8784
0/5000
Looking for jolly:
Ariados/Spinarak
Golisopod/Wimpod
Pinsir
Vikavolt/Charjabug/Grubbin
Araquanid/Dewpider
Hope'sUnicorn's AvatarHope'sUnicorn

QUOTE originally posted by muffi

QUOTE originally posted by torchie

I... honestly don't get why people keep saying zc is so expensive to get when in other countries? It's just how conversion rates are these days...? For ref, I'm in Korea. I buy zc when I can. these are my rates, to KRW (screenshot). Yeah, it feels more expensive to get for me. But at the end of the day, that still = gbp price stated. There is no extra fees or anything to pay for zc if using Stripe to buy directly... Maybe I'm misunderstanding things. I'm sorry if that is the case. I remember the days of the 6 extra daycare adopts being account-locked. I like the idea of it, if it doesn't expire. Otherwise, I'm fine with how the adopts work now :>
I think whats discussed here are not if someone has to pay more if he buy in another countries currency. The price is indeed about equal, at least for the market value and exchange rates for money. I guess. Where people feel that change is at their home, in their own poket, as money values not the same everywhere. I had this convo a couple years ago with friends of me that also regularly spent bigger money on a game we played together. They could, cause for them it was pocket money what equalled the money i had to spend for food each month. Im trying to simplify it to an example: Lets say theres a currency named '@' PFQ operates on. We both earn what equals 1000@ per month. For 1000@ in your country you would pay 300@ for rent, 300@ for food and 200@ for "adult stuff", like insurance, car etc. You still had 200@ left at the end of the month to save or spend on fun things. PFQ asks for 20@ for HM. Steep, but just 10% of your fun-stuff-money, and worth fun for a month. In my country things cost different prices. Food is much cheaper, so i would only spend 100@ on that, "adult stuff" would also be 175@ only, but housing costs me 700@. So my save-up or fun-money would be 25@, making the HM 80% of it. So in this example the HM price would be the same for us, but the monetairy value differs a lot in our pockets.
Yes, this right here, thank you! For some, the extra cost isn't "that much", while for others, it was already a lot that they justified 'cause it wasn't over a certain amount. And now, it may go over that amount, making it an unatainable goal.
549/3,000
What is the bug though? The notification is there when you have the box checked and no shiny charm, active, right? Which is when it's supposed to be there. Is it showing up when you have a charm activated?
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Well that's my point. I'm open to suggestions. We have a place for suggestions. If you have suggestions, please put them in the place dedicated to suggestions.
At one point you told viewers on your stream that many approved and pending suggestions would not be implemented or would be implemented into PFNew instead, and that you needed to sort through the suggestion forums and clean it up. This was never told to the general public of PFQ. I don't recall when this was, but it was several months ago. That makes it incredibly discouraging to want to post in suggestions or even support suggestions when we have no idea if we'll be getting feedback and potentially implemented, or quietly pushed aside. "A place for suggestions" right now feels like the bottom drawer that I put stuff I don't know what to do with and don't want to deal with right now.
Aside from that! This is a really interesting change. I understand why the prices were increased in terms of value and the market, but I don't think it was a good idea for this playerbase. Already these players have been qutting and dropping like flies due to the PFNew announcement (why waste time on a game that's going to be scrapped?) (and leaving for other various reasons since before that). The game's popularity seems to be steadily declining. With the removal of RMT, that only accelerated it. Many, many people are gone, and the economy is most likely not doing too hot. But... If you are to make all these upgrades cheaper, as the userbase would prefer, it would tank the market even harder then it's currently tanking, making Melans sooo much easier to get and shinies / albinos worthless (pretending they're not already worthless to a committed hunter lol). Dropping the prices on HM and other upgrades significantly would have made melans FAR easier to obtain and tanked the market significantly, everything would be easy to get, and nothing but delta melans of specific colors would be even remotely rare. However, in raising these prices, combined with RMT removal, you've made the game INCREDIBLY difficult to maintain an interest in. It's now super expensive to hunt for melans (it was already pretty expensive, but too late in the game's life cycle to have successfully changed that), and die hard users willing to put large amounts of real life currency into the game (or "whales"), are struggling to keep up. With ZC now locked into this economy and not escaping into real life currency, you'd think that there would be more in circulation, but unfortunately that requires the dedicated few whales to still pay the site. With how many people have quit, how many are active, there were already only like 10 whales I knew of when I actively played... how many are really left? Not to mention that it's always been difficult to play this game and have a life; spending even a day off of Pokefarm feels like you're bleeding out value of the daily boosts you've spent your money or currency on; this just accelerates that feeling. All in total, there was no right answer for this game, or for Niet. I hope that the users who still actively participate are able to enjoy themselves and hatch melans, but I just thought that this was an incredibly interesting dynamic that's developed over time. I'm hopeful and excited for PFNew, but as I've watched the "projected release date" for other things in PFQ be pushed back by weeks, months, even up to a year before, I do not have much hope for PFNew to come out "within a year" as it was once stated. I'll still be keeping my eyes out for it, though! (Note; I haven't been active for a while so I apologize if some of my knowledge is outdated, feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to correct it.)

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se

QUOTE originally posted by Colorful

At one point you told viewers on your stream that many approved and pending suggestions would not be implemented or would be implemented into PFNew instead, and that you needed to sort through the suggestion forums and clean it up. This was never told to the general public of PFQ. I don't recall when this was, but it was several months ago. That makes it incredibly discouraging to want to post in suggestions or even support suggestions when we have no idea if we'll be getting feedback and potentially implemented, or quietly pushed aside. "A place for suggestions" right now feels like the bottom drawer that I put stuff I don't know what to do with and don't want to deal with right now.
Hi! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that statement was retracted when it was announced that PFQ would continue to be worked on (alongside PFNew) and wouldn't be replaced by PFNew. Suggestions that were previously turned down because it would go on PFNew were changed to approved if they are possible to implement on PFQ as is. It's been a while though so I could be mistaken.

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

Q:What about suggestions that were rejected because 'the Reboot would fix it'? A: They are absolutely open for discussion once again - please feel free to suggest these things again / BUMP relevant threads or if you're feeling particularly adventurous, PM a Mod about getting a thread removed from rejections because of that specific rejection reason! :D
Edit: @ post below me, I see... I wasn't arguing against your reasoning, I just thought I should bring it up since you didn't mention it and you did say feel free to point out things ^^; I'm sorry...
image is official pokemon art; icon is official from witch's heart
silver ☀ he/they/pup ☀ 28
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan

QUOTE originally posted by Pochi

Hi! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that statement was retracted when it was announced that PFQ would continue to be worked on (alongside PFNew) and wouldn't be replaced by PFNew. Suggestions that were previously turned down because it would go on PFNew were changed to approved if they are possible to implement on PFQ as is. It's been a while though so I could be mistaken.
I was talking about specifically the time on one of Niet's streams where he admitted that some suggestions that are already approved aren't actually going to be implimented, alongside some suggestions that are still pending and have not been decided on. I have no issue with Niet turning down or saying no to suggestions or changing his mind, it just bothers me when there's no communication about it.

Pages: 123··· 202122

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page