PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Proposal to Rename Albino and Melanistic Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 2021222324··· 313233

Falconwing51's Avatarhypermode-12.pngFalconwing51
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnge+.png
I've been thinking about it, and I finally came up with an idea! Not really too sure for albinos, but I think Abyssal could be a decent replacement for Melans? It isn't specifically evil or anything, and it's usually used to talk about the bottom of the sea, which I think matches up pretty well with how a good chunk of them are either black, blue or both.
Noismog avi is from the 2020 advent calendar. Here is my boye:
QuirkyRabbit's Avatarhypermode-12.pngQuirkyRabbit
graphics.pnghypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngb+.png
At this rate we're going to need two separate community polls: "should the names be changed" and only if that gets a yes then "what should the new names be".
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me
saturdaylemon's Avatarsaturdaylemon
grandmaster.pngc.png
I'm on the "it's not perfect but it works" team, but I'll make a suggestion. Tint and Shade Pokemon. (Albino and Melanistic respectively) Doesn't hit the rarity or "no Shadow" implications, but they are the appropriate painting terms.
emgeal's Avataremgeal
ultra.png
For Albino: Chiffon -a light flowy fabric most known for it's light and pastel shades Bleached/Bleach For Melanistic: Velvet - a heavy fabric most associatd with deep colors like dark green and gem tones Rich - Implied higher value, but is in reference to the colors of the pokemon which are richer.
Cyberheart's AvatarCyberheart
master.pngd.png
For albinos - Candid - Blessed - Radiant - Skyborn - Solnium For melanistic - Lunarian - Nightshade - Necross - Nerium - Nereid
Chiaro | Scuro
how about candied and patina? candied fruits are usually lighter more vibrant in color than their natural selves, and some, like marichino cherries, get bleached first XD patinas are natural 'discoloration' or rust/aging, normally they get darker in crevices but can also result in completely random colors like copper becoming greenish blue, spotting patterns appearing from water, and rub lines, even sun vs shade fades or another 'dark' coloration could be toasted, like a delish marshmellow set aflame and blown out <3 or creams and carmels XD the higher quality the cream the more of an ivory coloring it gets and the longer you caramelize something the darker it gets but i just really like food names XD
Aeriesiapna's AvatarAeriesiapna
grandmaster.pngc+.png
Unlikely to be picked, but what about Clarity (Albino) and Corrupted/Corruption(Melan) Other Ideas: BrightBorn and Nightborn FullMoon and Eclipsed Luminous and Shaded
This Months Type Race Score: 0
shadowofzeref's Avatarhypermode-12.pngshadowofzeref
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd.png
How about "Nyxian" (nix ee an) for Melans? I get the idea from the Goddess of the Night, Nyx. Night time is filled with all sorts of the beautiful dark colors (mainly blues, blacks and purples, like Melans contain). You have that "darkness-without-evil idea with a name like that.
Elodee's AvatarElodee
master.pnge.png
Giving a new name to albino and melanistic is only going to cause confusion - the terms are already the ones used to describe real world animals with mutations in their coloration. It's not confusing and doesnt need to be changed for clarity. However if you feel you must change them, please dont choose "cool" sounding words over clear descriptors. Something like pastel/shadowed works well to describe whats expected in the pokemons appearance, but making up new terms is rather pointless and will just cause more problems than it solves (though I am of the opinion that there's no problem to be solved here in the first place).
ᴾˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵖᵉᵗ ᵐʸ ᵖᶦˣᵉˡ ᵇᵃᵇᶦᵉˢ ᴬᵛᶦ ᵃʳᵗ ᶦˢ ᶠʳᵉᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵘˢᵉ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᴾᶦᶜʳᵉʷ

Pages: 123··· 2021222324··· 313233

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page