PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sinnoh sprite revamp

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 891011

Angeliccandy's AvatarAngeliccandy
booster.pngarceus.pngb+.png
I guess my question is why did they need to be revamped (still sort of new so didn't know this was going on)? I looked at some of the older sprites on the wiki compared to the new ones and some were very cool/cute looking! The new ones are definitely different but I can see the frustration in having spent time/money into getting these sprites for the older palettes. Is there anyway to compromise and have BOTH different sets avaliable for people to have somehow? Now before anyone jumps on me...Personally I appreciate the time and effort put in by the art team. I KNOW how hard it is to color palette a ton of different sprites, but from someone with a fresh perspective of the site perhaps there is room to make all parties happy?
ʚ♡ɞCandy ☆ 33 ☆ She/Herʚ♡ɞ
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
wikieditor.pngmaster.pngc.png
There's bound to be people complaining no matter what the art staff do one example is the albino vulpix sprites Old/”original” sprite New revamped sprite (a lot of people disliked) Redone/ Current sprite For the new revamped sprite (green albino) a lot of people were complaining about how now their vulpix’s name (such as milky) didn't fit the vulpix anymore and how it was too bright etc the complaints were so bad that the art staff had to change the sprite to what it is now which was better although there were still people saying they disliked it (there was a thread for the kanto sprite revamps but I couldn't find it)
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art
Cele's Avatarhypermode-12.pngCele
mod21073.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pnga.png
Sorry for the general silence from me -- I'm preparing to go out of state for three weeks so the past several days have been exceptionally busy.

QUOTE originally posted by Angeliccandy

I guess my question is why did they need to be revamped (still sort of new so didn't know this was going on)? I looked at some of the older sprites on the wiki compared to the new ones and some were very cool/cute looking! The new ones are definitely different but I can see the frustration in having spent time/money into getting these sprites for the older palettes. Is there anyway to compromise and have BOTH different sets avaliable for people to have somehow? Now before anyone jumps on me...Personally I appreciate the time and effort put in by the art team. I KNOW how hard it is to color palette a ton of different sprites, but from someone with a fresh perspective of the site perhaps there is room to make all parties happy?
The best way I can explain this is to just say "take a look at the comparison I made in this post between different sprites here." The old sprite shown there is of lower quality, and it shows. While it was a nice melan and I'm sure folks liked it, it didn't age very well. This is true of a lot of the old melans. I think the quality of spritework in and of itself says just... everything, really. The artists improved over time and want the sprites to reflect that greater quality. That said, "black and X" as a colour formula for every melan is about as boring as white/cream with red eyes is for the albinos.
sig code and sig bg image made by me
Deviation's AvatarDeviation
grandmaster.pngd+.png
Hello, im sorry if i may seem rude or if i shouldnt be replying to 21 day old posts, but i'd just like to say a little something: I just came back after a quite a long hiatus, and seeing the sinnoh revamp and all the changed colours; especially melans, are... Not good. Not good at all. I have seen the renaming thread as well but i think that instead of a new name for melan and albino, we should revert back to the previous sprites. I just have a bad feeling that old players will leave (and many are in the process of leaving, many already left and i too am deciding) and only the new players that were not around to enjoy the old sprites, will remain. Maybe im paranoid, but i say my fear is justified.

QUOTE originally posted by Cele

{Snipped area} That said, "black and X" as a colour formula for every melan is about as boring as white/cream with red eyes is for the albinos.
I admit that the old ones are just a shade of black + some other colour, but I, in my personal opinion think it is far better than 'brown, brown and some other colour that relates slightly to brown. The new sprites are so brown i have to up my phone's brightness in order to see detail. Again, im very sorry as english is not my first language and im really bad at socializing and its difficult for me to tell my exact thoughts and im not the best at selecting words. Edit:To add to my post about my reverting suggestion, it may upset a few people that like the new sprites and the artists because they had been working on the new sprites for years, but i think sacrifices have to be made for better things. Not only this, but i have seen the staff make updates that appeal to the majority of the userbase, and it is obvious at the very first few replies that many people dont like the update. Edit: Or instead of following a strict colour pallete, maybe just colour it just so that it looks better? i.e in Albinos, Real world pink/white/rosy where applicable, and if it doesn't look good, some other light-themed pallete.Why are artists so limited to colour choices? It's been four days since the last post. Either my post is being ignored or the site IS dying. mod edit: posts merged
🌈Zoinks!🌈
KaidaMcWoomy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngKaidaMcWoomy
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by Deviation

It's been four days since the last post. Either my post is being ignored or the site IS dying.
I think Cele said she was going to be out of state for three weeks so maybe that's why she hasn't responded to your post
She/Her please! I have free fields and free breeding pairs to give away so go to my shop if you want any! Please don't send trade related pms :) Previous Hunt: b.png r.png Current Hunt: b.png k.png with a 3333 chain Type Race: dragon.png 4024
Deviation's AvatarDeviation
grandmaster.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by KaidaMcWoomy

It's been four days since the last post. Either my post is being ignored or the site IS dying.
I think Cele said she was going to be out of state for three weeks so maybe that's why she hasn't responded to your post
I didnt mean Cele. I meant that this is such a major announcement and there is barely any discussion between the players about this topic. At my time of joining i remember 600-800 being normal at busy times, but now it's shocking to see the player count being above at 400-500. There is a reason the player count went so low, despite so many people joining every single day.
Yanchop's AvatarYanchop
grandmaster.pngc.png

I didnt mean Cele. I meant that this is such a major announcement and there is barely any discussion between the players about this topic. At my time of joining i remember 600-800 being normal at busy times, but now it's shocking to see the player count being above at 400-500. There is a reason the player count went so low, despite so many people joining every single day.
It always seems to dip later at night from what i've noticed, unless type race is happening (almost 11 pm here)..there does seem to be a general drop in online players except during events, but i can't speak for everyone on why they quit showing up. some people are upset by things, but some are just...busy this is page 10 of discussion, so i'm not sure what you mean by "barely any discussion" since several pages of opinions have been tossed around previously. most have been shut down for "rudeness/ negativity/ toxicity", which i don't exactly agree with, but if the comments (deleted?) and PMs were as bad as stated, i wouldn't want to deal with this anymore either. i wish that there was a way to feel more seen, as do many others in previous comments, since a lot of users here agree on a lot, but if it's still seen as a non-issue, there isn't really anything that can be done. i can't imagine they'd spend the time to recolor/ revamp again to please people whether it's just a handful or a majority, and that isn't fair to ask since i don't even know if this is paid work (the post about new artists mentioned pay if the budget allowed, but it's mostly volunteer work). i wish things were different and voices were heard more often, but you know what they say about wishing .. !
Come join me on Dappervolk ! Use my referral link upon signing up to get rare items !:)
FloydLeech's AvatarFloydLeech
grandmaster.pngd.png
This reply is to yanchop but quoting their reply would make this even bigger, sorry. Its fair to not want to deal with negativity, but to my understanding after having read this whole thread from day one, there wasnt any true negativity, just critique. I can't say anything about the renaming thread or potential PMs, but the pages in the aforementioned thread i did read are nothing but name suggestions (which i don't think the problem is anyway, the issue is that these palettes changed with no communication on what such changes would look like with the userbase, not the fact that albinos are called albinos and not "bright-lights" or what-have-you; that's a whole other topic though). From my understanding, this has been an ongoing issue for many sprite updates, and time after time no one is listened to. I can imagine long time users are feeling very unheard and upset by this, and ive noticed a ton of people completely quitting and users that played often now hardly use the site. The first time a mod or anyone like that replied was to snap at us for so-called toxicity when frankly they were the only one being aggressive or "toxic" in here, and still our suggestions of compromise remain unresponded to by anyone (such as buttons or items to revert sprites to former ones; ive heard talk of some css that reverts them, but nobody has given a link, so that isn't much help). It's frustrating and its hard feeling like they don't care because it's "just pixels"; people spend real human money on melan hunts, it's irresponsible to write our criticism off as "toxicity" when real money is involved. I hope this didn't read as rude, i have a hard time conveying tone during a serious discussion; if it did, my bad
Please check out my shop!
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
I can only speak for myself but I didn't bother replying because there was nothing worth replying to. You have brought nothing new to the discussion, you are being borderline toxic (although not enough to warrant post removal), your claims are based on provable falsehoods. I find it hilarious that you claim melans are "brown, brown and some other colour that relates slightly to brown", meanwhile other naysayers are complaining about how everything is green. I even went to the trouble of making a graph that showed that the colours people are complaining about are actually under-represented. And yet here you are with the same tired arguments. I have to say, you are highly opinionated for someone who has owned two Melanistic Pokémon ever (back in 2018) and never hunted one of your own. Not even when they were "black and X". I didn't say this the other day because it would have been rude, but... Well, the gloves are off now. You posted in the Tournament announcement guessing the names of the other Tokens based on the "Ocean" name. So you do have a basic understanding of a "consistent theme", but only when it suits you.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
bnuuycore's Avatarbnuuycore
master.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I can only speak for myself but I didn't bother replying because there was nothing worth replying to. You have brought nothing new to the discussion, you are being borderline toxic (although not enough to warrant post removal), your claims are based on provable falsehoods. I find it hilarious that you claim melans are "brown, brown and some other colour that relates slightly to brown", meanwhile other naysayers are complaining about how everything is green. I even went to the trouble of making a graph that showed that the colours people are complaining about are actually under-represented. And yet here you are with the same tired arguments. I have to say, you are highly opinionated for someone who has owned two Melanistic Pokémon ever (back in 2018) and never hunted one of your own. Not even when they were "black and X". I didn't say this the other day because it would have been rude, but... Well, the gloves are off now. You posted in the Tournament announcement guessing the names of the other Tokens based on the "Ocean" name. So you do have a basic understanding of a "consistent theme", but only when it suits you.
i have to say, i dont see how their message is toxic at all? and i find it odd that you guys judge your opinions on what toxicity is by a ai program (at least thats what cele mentioned). we're genuinly upset about how we didnt get any proper word/warning into the sprite changes, but the only argument back that i have seen from you guys is "you all are just being toxic" when i see nothing but criticism. i understand, theres that small handfull of people that go to your dm's and other moderators dm's just to harrass you guys, and those guys are truly toxic. but its pretty obvious that the majority are actually giving you guys true criticism, and it just doesnt feel like you guys are listening is all. dont get me wrong, i appreciate all of your guys's hard work put into the site; a lot of people giving criticism have been expressing that well, but all we're asking is for proper input and warning. also on another note, i dont see why bringing up their melan count matters? melans are hard to get, you should know that. even im surprised im still trying to get another melan after having terrible luck for the past half year.
shop sprite by me, icon by Frye

Pages: 123··· 891011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page