PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sinnoh sprite revamp

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 91011

FloydLeech's AvatarFloydLeech
grandmaster.pngd.png
Having went to the wiki to see what ones i don't have, especially the melans, i find myself extremely concerned about the future updates and i really, really ask if there's a way you can maybe share these design ideas you have in the future, please. For example, look at melan Darkrai; anyone can hunt a melan with enough patience, but melan legendaries take extreme time and effort and money to do. And they turned darkrai from deep black with a band of purple, a combo that makes it stand out and is very sleek, into just.... brown. So many melans are just brown and teal now. It's a bizarre choice to add so much saturation and color to the albinos, yet remove the uniqueness from a melan. They don't have to be teal all around, and in the future id ask you to please consider other colors and more stand-out combinations, but especially when it comes to legendaries i ask you to be careful about your colors. Just saying they "had time to know a change was happening" doesn't cover it when no one knows what the changes are, you should be open about it, please. Maybe have some ideas and ask people in polls or threads for discussion so people can bounce around ideas. Obviously no one is ever going to make everyone happy, but it feels like if you had a melan you didn't think was up to par (and many weren't, i agree there, but there was a lot more visual distinction) staff just decided to slap some dark blue or brown on it and call it a day, and that's not right either.
Please check out my shop!
just wanted to add my two cents because the pfq staff who worked on this deserve some praise for their hard work and time spent ! personally i like a lot of the new albinos way better than the old ones. in my opinion it would be boring if all the albinos were just tan/cream and pinkish with red eyes because "thats what albino animals look like." i'd much rather they be pastel colors with a variety of different colors ! as far as melans go, i've never been a huge fan of them just because my taste in darker colors is pretty much restricted to grey/black and dark purples so i only really like melans that look like that ;w; but i see a few got changed to that so yay ! especially in combees case, i think melan combee and vespiquen look so much better now i can understand why people who've been melan hunting would be upset, though ! but like Vaporeon26 said, you can use css to change the sprites back if you dislike them that much. or maybe there can be a button/held item that works similar to a forme change that lets your pokemon have the old colors ? just an idea (; ω ; )ヾ(´∀`* ) i know that would require a lot of coding and such on the staffs part, but i feel like people would want their pokemon to look how they want for everyone who sees it instead of just them
naenia - 26 - ne/nem journal - shop
🌈
signature code by me forum avatar by sceoh
Bladeporeon's AvatarBladeporeon
grandmaster.pngd.png
I don't actively hunt Albinos or Melans anymore (haven't had the time), but I feel like calling them "Gut Punches" or "all brown and teal" is just a big ol' slap in the face to the staff who sprited them.
* Superhero Vaporeon at your service! Now with Slurpuff sidekick! * Avatar is of my NEW fursuit, made by Katsudoggo!
meouch's Avatarmeouch
grandmaster.pnge+.png
is there any way to see comparisons of the new and old sprites? it seems like the wiki has been updated, and i wanna check out the differences

QUOTE originally posted by meouch

is there any way to see comparisons of the new and old sprites? it seems like the wiki has been updated, and i wanna check out the differences
if you click on the image on the wiki to go to it's page, previous versions will show up on that page :3
meouch's Avatarmeouch
grandmaster.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by cation

QUOTE originally posted by meouch

if you click on the image on the wiki to go to it's page, previous versions will show up on that page :3
oh sweet! tysm
stingrays's Avatarstingrays
master.pnge.png
the new porygon albinos are super cute!! i liked the old ones, but the quality of albino porygon-Z does just looks better. The color scheme is so sweet! (though i do wonder why porygon2 is still the old colors? it's a bit of a jolt to go from purple to cream) and while i think i prefer the old melan porygon line (black and purple just looks so so good), the new colors for them are still fun! the shiny porygons look fantastic. no complaints at all there! i've seen some changes that i don't like as much as the originals, but i've also seen some that are a drastic increase in quality! (mega lucario sprite? WAY better now) obviously you can't please everyone w every change, but that's ok! congrats on finally finishing!
need a shelter hunt? click the quagsire to go to my shop!8.png e.pngclick the porygon for my pfp credit!
Tabunne's AvatarTabunne
grandmaster.pnge+.png
I love so many of these revamped colors! A small part of me misses the red eyes on the rodents and some others, but the pastel-y schemes are a lot easier on the eyes for some of them! I actually would want to hunt Chimchar now! I'm looking forward to the next round of revamps. I'm excited to see what new things will be for Gen 5, but also kinda nervous about any changes to Audino's Melan. I love that black and cream so much ; w ;
andie's Avatarandie
grandmaster.pngc.png
i'll be real im not a fan of most of the color changes. im trying to understand the process of picking the colors but i'm not entirely sure what the artist/s were thinking. i get not wanting to make all the albinos just white and tan anymore or make all the melans just black but there is a lot of green/teal and brown. a good few of the melans just look like theres been a black overlay on the albino as well. not sure if thats the intended purpose but its kinda jarring. i do appreciate the staff and artists trying to uphold a quality standard. i will give props to that. the new sprite for mega lucario looks good. some of the albinos are more plesant to the eye, like shaymin, starly, and shinx. but ultimately i agree with a lot of what FloydLeech has said. i hope theres more transparency in the future with color changes going forward, especially with the more rare pokemon. stating that theres gonna be a color change isnt that descriptive as it's made out to be. i don't want to hatch/buy a melan pokemon only to find a few years later that they turn brown.
art shop | items shop | templates | journal
There seems to be a lot of "backlash" here...not really "rude" backlash, but just a LOT of people who dislike the vast majority of new Albinos and Melans. As for what I think...eh, I don't really care. As long as they look distinct and not "just a slightly different shade" like Shiny Garchomp before Mega Evolving, Shiny Dewgong, Shiny Pikachu pre-gen 6, Shiny Leafeon, Shiny Gengar before Mega Evolving, etc...I don't really care. It's kind of hard to accomplish that for Albinos and Melans anyway, since the vast majority of Pokemon are not just pure white or pure black or whatever, so it just works. Though I have seen a few already white or black Pokemon, that look quite similar to their regular forms in Albino or Melan, though it still isn't bad as let's say Shiny Dewgong or Shiny Leafeon. For the Sinnoh Albinos I own, like Garchomp, Lucario, Torterra, Infernape, whatever, etc...I think they looked fine before, they look fine now. Before though a lot of them just seemed to look "white with cream/beige and red eyes," and now they seem to have a bit more variety. Which I guess is better. I've read people arguing that the newer versions "look more unrealistic" and "don't look like actual Albino animals," but eh, when has Pokemon in general ever been about realism?
Alright. This is just Nessa from the Pokemon games Sword and Shield. Just a screenshot. I believe it's allowed. Credit goes to GameFreak and the official Pokemon company, as well as Nintendo. 🥰

Pages: 12345··· 91011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page