PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Written Adventures - A Roleplayers Clan

Forum Index > Other > Other Clans >

Pages: 12345··· 141516

RenCringe's AvatarRenCringe
I occasionally recycle OCs, but they're usually ones I made really long ago that I completely revamp. Sometimes they're ones that don't need revamping, however. I do make new characters for RPs, so it's like half-half for recycling.
they/he avatar by me
Glad.Silver's AvatarGlad.Silver

QUOTE originally posted by Calle

... Now that we have a few more members maybe we can get a discussion going: Do you make a new OC for every RP or do you sometimes reuse your characters?
It depends, honestly. Sometimes, I'll make a completely new character, and sometimes I re-use OC's. Like Twila (my PFP). I use her a lot in Private Roleplays. I use my other main OC for Public Roleplays, but typically, she'll be pretty different in one RP than she is in another. I'd say I mostly just re-use OC's, for the sake of me being able to remember them.
  • Stuff
  • Credits
  • Tab 3
Tab 3 contents
Cattafang's AvatarCattafang
i rarely re-use ocs. i usually make whatever would fit into the rp on the spot. the only time i only re-use characters if if i've become very attached to them and if they can fit into the rp, such as Hecate and Laser. (admittedly, i haven't gotten to use Hecate all that much, since the initial rp she was created for died around the time i got there and the other rp i was going to use her for was deleted due to the creator just not having the time due to life getting in the way)
Catta • Any Pronouns • Resident No Signal Enjoyer JOURNALLINKLINK æ there. i’m catta and I usually lurk around forums and stuff nowadays-
HyllaSymmetry's AvatarHyllaSymmetry
For Pokemon RPs, I reuse characters. It depends on the RP. If I already Roleplayed with a similar plot, I usually reuse characters
Light the way with a fleeting spark through our dance we shall honor him feed the child of the beating heart sing the praise of the master grimm
xedite's Avatarxedite
I saw this while clicking and it immediately got my eye. I'm not sure if I'll RP here just yet since I'm still brand new here, but I've been rping for a long time and I'm always on the hunt for new groups to join into. ^^ Username: Xedite What is your preferred genre?: Medieval/High Fantasy and Sci-fi. I'd be super interested in any Pokemon themed RPs too. What is the preferred length of your posts?: idk lol I'm usually someone to post a few sentences to a few paragraphs. Sometimes those paragraphs just happen to end up novellas. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Any interest checks or your group RP you want to share?: Nope! Maybe in the future. Do you have a place where you collect your OCs?: I often make new characters for new RPs, but some of the ones I'm attached to or crammed here for organizing are here on my Toyhou.se. (forewarning, some have content warnings due to swearing, etc) I’d love to see a roleplay example: (in the hidebox please)

From my Discord sci-fi group, Ataxia

(sorry this is so long, I'm pretty much the defacto DM of the group, so I write tons of NPC interactions with characters) Irene stopped at the Admiral's door, looking it over for a few moments before making a cautious knock on it. It near instantly slid open afterwards, catching her off guard as she looked over the sight of a spry, older man running a hand through his greyed beard as he conversed with a group of three Io in ceremonial dress. He beckoned Irene in as she saluted him and patted the back of a chair as a cue to take a seat. Irene gave him a silent nod as she looked over the now-staring Io. The eldest of the group seemed very ornately dressed with a barely concealed silver glow off its hide. And judging by their showy manner of dress, it was clearly someone of importance. The two behind it held their fins up slightly in interest and judging by their worn armor and weapons over their spiny backs, these two were some sort of armed bodyguards. She took a seat, sighing somewhat under her breath as they seemed to relax significantly, reseating themselves just as she did. "I apologize if I've been keeping you waiting, sir. I understand that your schedule must be very hectic in light of recent.. events." "No, no, it's excellent timing, Commodore, you're just the person I needed to see. Get yourself comfortable and don't you go minding these three. They're allies. I was just discussing some arrangements with Exarch Alkana here." Admiral Hewett gave Irene a disarming smile as he slid her a mug, motioning her to help herself from the pitcher of sweet tea from the tray of refreshments next to his desk. "Arrangements, sir?" Irene rose an eyebrow, not quite trusting his tone of voice as she took the mug, turning it over slightly in her hands as she attempted to focus. Southern hospitality or not, it was suspicious enough to see a group of Io walking so freely around here. "Getting ahead of yourself a bit there, Commodore. We were just getting into all that before you walked on in. I'm sure you already know the hubbub the ol' bird's gotten himself and all of the Federation roped into. And if you didn't, sure think you'd have better things to do than go turning guns on him." "So you've already seen the footage then?" She pursed her lips somewhat, glancing over at the elder Io that seemed to be eyeing her over intently. She could almost feel this one's eyes burning into her very soul. Was she just imagining it? "Sure wouldn't have had the proper grounds to dismiss the accusations against you if I hadn't. Gotta do some work around here." He pulled up a holoscreen in front of her, thumbing through a few screenshots gleaned out of the garbled security footage. "Now our guest here took a long look over it too. All this jumping around Adonai's been doing caught the Vis Tempora's attention long before it became our issue to sort out. Real powerful stuff he's got, I'll say." Irene gave him a look of confusion as she caved to temptation finally and poured herself a bit of sweet tea. "Take it you're not too familiar with them then." Admiral Hewett thumbed through a file on the screen idly as he reached over and began pouring himself his own glass of tea. He offered some to the Io who all stared at him blankly for a moment before he realized his mistake and shrugged. Irene gestured for him to wait a second as she was struggling to down her drink, reflexively wincing at the overwhelming taste of sugar. God, how did Americans still even stomach this trash? "No, sir, I am. Luxari Vanlith, a member of their order is under my command. He's given me the run down, more or less. My confusion just comes from trying to understand why they are involved in the first place with something like this. Murder isn't exactly their.. primary concern, from what I understand anyways." The Exarch nodded in agreement to Irene before speaking English in a thick Ionian accent. "Ordinarily, no. What other species do is of little priority to our people. But we have had great concern about this man's tampering. His abuse of the Aether in such an unnatural form will undoubtedly cause further cascading effects outward to the rest of the universe. Left unchecked, in this time of increasing instability, his powers could potentially cause grave damages to its inhabitants. We cannot allow such a thing to occur under our watch and intend on dedicating our full forces on ensuring his capture comes to pass. We do not simply have any room left for failure or incompetence when it comes to such threats after the past actions of the Daarizi." Irene frowned. "..I see. So you intend to take this matter out of the hands of the Federation then?" "Yes. My knights are more than capable of handling a mortal man. We will see to it that he is dealt with properly. Any further involvement will not be advised or necessary on the Federation's part." The Ionian folded her clawed hands in her lap, raising fins slightly as she emphasized her point. "I see." Irene repeated hollowly, turning back to the Fleet Admiral with an indignant expression growing on her face. "And you're fine with this, sir?" "When it comes to Aether and any crimes with it, Commodore, we've always trusted the Ionians to know how to handle these things. They may as well be the experts on it as far as humanity's concerned. No point in shaking the boat and getting in their way now." Irene tensed at the affront. "Do you fully intend to end our search and prosecution of him while people are actively being killed? Is justice a dead concept to you?" "Now now, Commodore, simmer down. Remember who you're speaking with. I don't intend to sit back and let there be a bloodbath around our facilities. These fine people have all the means at their disposal to track him down expeditiously and shut down his powers so he can't go ripping holes in space or hurting anyone again, but in the meantime, I'll be having forces keep eyes on the people we reckon he might go on and target next. This is where you come in. I'll be needing the Lunar command to put out a helping hand with this one with the forces you all can spare." "Sir, I mean absolutely no disrespect, but while we were previously sparing personnel to headquarters and the Saturn command, we were attacked by space pirates. We lost quite a few personnel in attempting to apprehend and prevent the escape of the suspects. I have reason to believe it was directly coordinated by an outside entity probing our defenses and some suspects involved in the attack still remain at large. Sparing any other personnel not only dampens our defensive and tactical capabilities, but it also leaves us, as a collective organization, unable to assist any that may request our help during this time. This is completely unacceptable." Irene set her mug down, sternly meeting the Fleet Admiral's eyes. He didn't seem the slightest bit deterred by this and just shook his head. "I don't enjoying doing these things either, but we absolutely cannot risk losing any other personnel to security breaches or targeted assassinations. I'm sorry, Miss Korsak, but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do around here." Irene stewed in her anger for a moment before exhaling a short breath and folding her tensing hands in her lap. "Understood, sir." I'll see what can be done, sir. Do you need me for anything else at this time then?" "Well, I reckon you're only a line away, I'll drop you a call if the game plan changes or something else comes our way. Just.. try to keep yourself out of trouble in the future, Commodore. We can't afford to lose you either. Think of the example you're setting." "I will." Irene bit her tongue back and stood up, dismissing herself as soon the Fleet Admiral had finished speaking. She was almost grinding her teeth in barely suppressed rage at this point. Like hell she would. Sit on her hands and let someone else handle it? While more people died by the hands of a man scorned? Hahaha. Now where had she heard that one before? Something had snapped in her at this point. Oh no. This was definitely personal now. Adonai had crossed that line as soon as he betrayed her and tried to frame her for murder. She'd help Hewett out, alright, but she'd be more than happy to eat a demotion just to handle things the way things were meant to be handled. She'd take this right into her own hands, orders or not.
25/any pronouns ok Pokemon fan since Gen 1, here to stay I'll put a proper sig here eventually, but until then..

Credits

Avatar made by the lovely Kaohgumy on FR. Pixel art is my own.
Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
Welcome to the clan and to PF then :) I'll add you to the member list
As for making new OC's or reusing old ones: for me it depends on the RP. Some RP's just need a new character because it's unlike I've ever done before. Or I may look at a plot and have a great idea for a new character that would be perfect for it. And sometimes it's fun to make a new character, something you never played before. But I reuse my OC's a lot. Putting an old OC is a new setting, a new plot, with new people, will allow me to use my OC's in different ways and see how they would do in the new setting. One example is when I took a Pokémon-trainer OC, tweaked his history/backstory a bit and put him in the Harry Potter fandom. I know I could make a new wizard from scratch, but I was really curious how this particular OC, with his personality and quirks, would be as a wizard. And making a 'new' character who happened to have the same personality seemed a bit pointless. I really don't need 5 very similar characters if I can use one and tweak his backstory to make him fit in with the new fandom. I suppose the difference is how you RP. It can be more character-driven and you need a new plot so your OC can have an adventure, or it can be more plot-driven because you want to have an adventure and need a character to do so.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
Let's do the first clan activity. I will present either a scene or a set of questions, and you can use your OC to react to it. #1: Your OC enters a room with a locked chest in it. What do they do?
RenCringe's AvatarRenCringe
I'll use both my sona and my latest character for this! Ren: Would check for a lock. If there was a lock, they'd check for a key anywhere around the room. If there wasn't a lock/key, they'd try and brute force their way in to probably no avail. The contents of the chest would eat away at them until they got it opened up. Gale: Would immediately check for a key. If he didn't find a key he'd try and lockpick it, though he doesn't know how. If the lockpicking failed, they'd probably try and ask someone else for help searching for the key/lockpicking the lock.
xedite's Avatarxedite
I have too many OCs for this one pfft lemme pick the mildly entertaining ones X: Would attempt to pick the lock on the chest nonchalantly. He might try to find a way out of the room afterwards if he got bored enough. Would absolutely pawn whatever he found in the chest for money. Xenon: Would try to find an air vent to climb out of. He wouldn't care about the chest in the slightest. Scias: Would pick the door lock, convinced the chest is a trap. Lyon: Would be entirely traumatized about being kidnapped and forced into a room with strange objects. Would attempt to construct a portal out once/if he got over it. Ezael: Lament the fact that this keeps happening. Would find a way to signal others to let him out of the room and wait. He would have no interest in looting the chest. Stealing is wrong.
Glad.Silver's AvatarGlad.Silver
Lillian: She would probably search for a key, and if they doesn't work, she'd probably picklock it Twila: Would try once and give up/ask for help Yuki: Would look for key, attempt picklocking, and then use brute force if neccessary

Pages: 12345··· 141516

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page