PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Written Adventures - A Roleplayers Clan

Forum Index > Other > Other Clans > Written Adventures - A Roleplayers Clan >

Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
Welcome to the clan and to PF then :) I'll add you to the member list
As for making new OC's or reusing old ones: for me it depends on the RP. Some RP's just need a new character because it's unlike I've ever done before. Or I may look at a plot and have a great idea for a new character that would be perfect for it. And sometimes it's fun to make a new character, something you never played before. But I reuse my OC's a lot. Putting an old OC is a new setting, a new plot, with new people, will allow me to use my OC's in different ways and see how they would do in the new setting. One example is when I took a Pokémon-trainer OC, tweaked his history/backstory a bit and put him in the Harry Potter fandom. I know I could make a new wizard from scratch, but I was really curious how this particular OC, with his personality and quirks, would be as a wizard. And making a 'new' character who happened to have the same personality seemed a bit pointless. I really don't need 5 very similar characters if I can use one and tweak his backstory to make him fit in with the new fandom. I suppose the difference is how you RP. It can be more character-driven and you need a new plot so your OC can have an adventure, or it can be more plot-driven because you want to have an adventure and need a character to do so.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page