PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123··· 6263646566··· 858687

Agent8's AvatarAgent8
sorry to jump in again i think editing it into my previous post would make it go under so: got a concern for the spam filter how are dncs supposed to work alongside it? lets say someone has me blocked they dont wish to see me but they unhide my trade posts or my auctions to partake occasionally because they dont mind interacting with me that way, i send a dnc, it gets filtered into the spam folder, they come into my trade shop/auction/etc. what now? they unknowingly broke the rules by doing so
noctis x he/him
Szarkai's AvatarSzarkai

QUOTE originally posted by funeraljorts

QUOTE originally posted by Whit

I think our defintiions of personal forums are different. I do not see publicly-operating shops, miscelenaious section discussions, and some of the other marked threads as perosnal. I see them as public. and still id prefer the block be undetectable-- meaning the ability to post where any other user can post, so that there is no error that clues you in to having been blocked by someone.
I get that, but at the same time, if I were running a shop IRL and I saw my abuser about to walk in, I wouldn't even let them get through the door. Of course it's different online vs irl, but it's the same principal to me. Either way, they are not getting my service, so I'd rather not even give them the chance to waste either of our time. I consider a public shop a personal thread because it's about what I am selling, not anyone else. If someone wants what I have, but I've blocked them, they're going to have to get it from somewhere else anyway, so they may as well not even bother contacting me about it. If the block feature worked in a way that would stop them from messaging on a forum that I made, that isn't directly related to a site-wide event or topic (again, such as type races or suggestions), then that would be what I prefer. In regards to "furthermore if someone was an abuser in the past: do they not have the repsonsibility, capacity, and right to change? Again, if said wrongdoer ceases their behavior and isn't breaking any rules, what grounds does someone have to exclude them from a thread in the forums? Why punish someone indefinitely for a crime that gets a temporary sentece?" Some people don't forgive the people that hurt them. Yes, growing and changing and being a better person is good, they shouldn't be penalized for that, but at the same time, the person they hurt doesn't owe them anything at all. The abuser isn't entitled to forgiveness. This isn't the same as prison. It's personal, and it's up to the individuals to WANT to sort it out, and if one of them doesn't, that's that, and that's fine.
I guess this is just a difference of opinion. I don't mean to overshare again but drawing from my personal experience: someone else's money is as good and green as anyone elses. I don't discriminate. If someone can pay for goods I sell them, i'd be losing out on business otherwise. I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot to knock out someone else. As long as they're respectful on my turf, i don't care what they've done in the past. Business is impersonal. make your deals, get it done, leave grudges at home before you go to work, no? I'm just very confused and im trying to understand your thought process but it just evades me. No one is owed forgiveness, no, i agree there. However: How much 'forgiveness' is really required to let someone post on a forum game in the miscelanenous section? You're not inviting them over to dinner, you're just letting them play a game with everyone else.

QUOTE originally posted by funeraljorts

I get that, but at the same time, if I were running a shop IRL and I saw my abuser about to walk in, I wouldn't even let them get through the door. Of course it's different online vs irl, but it's the same principal to me. Either way, they are not getting my service, so I'd rather not even give them the chance to waste either of our time. I consider a public shop a personal thread because it's about what I am selling, not anyone else. If someone wants what I have, but I've blocked them, they're going to have to get it from somewhere else anyway, so they may as well not even bother contacting me about it. If the block feature worked in a way that would stop them from messaging on a forum that I made, that isn't directly related to a site-wide event or topic (again, such as type races or suggestions), then that would be what I prefer.
This is basically what I was trying (and probs failing) to say earlier, if I block someone, it's for a reason, I don't want them to get my services, whether that be selling them a Summon Item or them ordering my art. It's not a big deal to me if it means I have potentially 1-2 less customers, there are plenty of other trade shops and other things around the site they can go to instead. That might be a bit of a 'rude' way of me to think, but imho it's not that simple for an abuser to simply stop being an abuser, if they do manage it then good on them, but I won't be giving out that extra chance due to the damage that was already done. (I also don't want to ignore Agent8's post but I literally don't know a good solution for this ;; )

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

carinae's Avatarcarinae
this might just be my extreme moods/long grudges talking, but if i disliked someone enough to block them? i wouldn't want to trade with them, i would rather lose business then interact. c: edit: no whit you're fine <3
elliot • they/them quit, dm xim#7352 if you need me
JoanOfArceus's AvatarJoanOfArceus
I do check who I sell Pokemon to. I'd be fine with the loss.
WIP - Assets are from DDLC
Szarkai's AvatarSzarkai
I just want to say, i'm really sorry that I'm struggling here. I don't mean to come across as accusatory, guilt trippy, or anything like that: I completely apologize if I have been. I just really struggle sometimes to understand and follow other points of view when they conflict with my own view of logic. What makes sense, what doesn't make sense-- if it makes no sense to me, I tend to fight it, and I'm trying to surpress that, because a lot of this just doesn't make sense to me. For example, i don't understand why someone wouldn't forgive. Forgiveness isn't for the other person. it's for you. It's to free yourself from burden and to move on with your life, to look to the future instead of the past. It's a gift to yourself more than it is to anyone else, at least in my perspective. Forgiveness is very important to me as a moral beacon and all this talk of things that seem to be counter to that goal just confuses me, and strikes me as 'wrong' in a way. My DMs are always open to anyone who would like to respectfully talk things out, educate me, or work towards mutual understanding.
I have Whit blocked, so I don't see it's post, but I do see everyone's responses, and honestly, I'm getting annoyed, so if this post seems rude, that's why. Regarding blocking people (you being general as it seems to think every instance of you is aimed at it): If you've hurt me, upset me, harmed my mental health in any way, I dont care about you. You have done something to me and I have decided my health is more important than yours, because, quite frankly, it is. You put your own oxygen mask on before helping others. I deal with enough horrible and hurtful people in real life to care about the ones who hurt me online. If you grow and change and get better? Great! I dont care! I am not obligated to care! What you did hurt me and could even still be hurting me to this day! The memory of harm can still harm! And if you're following me and getting upset at your block, then you haven't changed, and there's no way on this earth I am letting you near me again! Regarding spam box: God no. If someone is harassing me and sending messages they think are getting through, then they're going to get annoyed at me 'ignoring' them, and it can escalate very harmfully from there, which is why, any other site they may know me on, I can block them and never have to see them on that site again instead of having to deal with it over and over. You are not allowed to message me, you cannot try, because I owe you nothing. You put your own oxygen mask on before helping others, and if your oxygen mask includes being upset that you've been blocked, then you have to remove yourself from that situation and ask yourself, why do you want to talk to someone who doesn't want to talk to you? If they block you, then they've given you a DNC of a different sort, any further attempts at contacting them shows disgusting obsession on your side.
KerryBerry's AvatarKerryBerry
I like this idea but I have no idea what is happening My whole life summed up in 1 sentence
₊‧.°.⋆🫧•˚₊‧⋆. ⋆⁺人生百年如梦如幻 ₊‧.°.⋆🫧•˚₊‧⋆.
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
Just popping in to say that the first post has been updated with all the new information I could gather that was important for anyone new to the discussion to know! If you have any ideas feel free to shoot me a DM (prefered) or say here if theres anything I should have added to the first post.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
QuoKka's AvatarQuoKka
Not really up for making a long post but when you block someone most likely you don’t want the person interacting with them. Thus they do not care about how the blocked user is feeling when they get block it’s simple as that. For the spam box suggestion that could be very annoying to get your blocked user’s messages. What if the user is being constantly harassed? I do not really see the logic in putting the blocked user in spam I think it would be easier if the user who was blocked couldn’t interact with the person at all. Js
Me and the boys coming to give you a vibe check

Pages: 123··· 6263646566··· 858687

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page