PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Implementing A 'Block' Feature

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123··· 5758596061··· 858687

Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
The entire point of the second version is that it doesn't impact clicking. The script that's been set up is very close to what we wanted -- except it's not set up by Niet himself, which I believe was a little bit of a cop-out. Discussion is set up to continue here because not everyone was fully happy about this decision, and I'm honestly very thankful it opened back up. I don't personally want this feature to go any further then what the script is set up as, plus a few extra features (censoring out names of blocked users and universal across all devices by account). Having it stay as a userscript is a little bit... weird. It doesn't feel quite right. Also, I'm really sorry you're still being harassed over this. That's not fair at all. I hope staff are able to help you out with that if it's on site.

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Colorful

universal across all devices by account
On my list. Basically a server-side version of the browser's localStorage. Shouldn't be too difficult. Might even have that done tomorrow.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
Glad to hear that! I was hoping that one was fairly simple ^^
Honestly, I'm disappointed in how this has happened. Instead of actually going out and figuring out how to implement something to help the userbase, Neit has instead taken someone elses work, and called it a day. It should not be up to the userbase to implement basic features that every site has. If something was too difficult for them to figure out, then maybe more programmers should be hired to help.
this feels less like actual implementation of a block feature and more like a compromise. drwho's userscript was supposed to be a temporary fix while we were waiting for the feature to be added, not a permanent solution. the justification that people expect less from a userscript is rather flimsy in my opinion. many, many, many features of pokefarm get criticized for the tiniest things, and i really don't think a block feature wouldn't be all that different in that regard, yanno? even if it was implemented perfectly and like how almost everyone wanted. one of the concerns brought up very often in this thread, especially earlier, was people being afraid of a person they've blocked being able to message them. this userscript does not prevent that in any way. if the userscript was actually implemented into the site, and not just, you know, a userscript, then there would be an opportunity to add in a solution for literally one of the biggest reasons some people had for supporting this suggestion in the first place.
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
Miraidøn's AvatarMiraidøn
I have to agree with Colorful that this feels like a cop out. Especially since I watched people practically beg for communication only for this to come out of nowhere with no communication and to be someone else’s work just labeled as “sanctioned”. However as a primarily mobile user I am thankful for the chance to use DrWho’s script since tampermonkey is inaccessible to me and other mobile players and am anticipating more scripts in the future. A big nitpick for me and the reason I am wholly unsatisfied however is the fact that this script does not block users from PMing you. And I see this as a huge flaw.
percy
or whiims
/ 26
jan 17th
/ they/them naughty collector / ingo enthusiast
i usually don't make trade threads for selling my specials till i get about 20 or so saved up but don't be afraid to shoot me a pm if you see anything in my uft field you want!
credit
Background from Pokemon Anime Icon by Me F2U code by Gumshoe
If you are presuming that Niet is done with things because he added userscript support to the site then you are wrong. It is not a cop-out, userscript support is something universal and this blocking feature is topical and it's something that someone happens to have made a userscript for. It was a topical example that Niet knew people would want to implement during the waiting period and nothing more. Anyone claiming "Niet's copping out and just using someone else's work" is incorrectly making assumptions and attacking inappropriately. You can stop or you can leave as that's definitely not civil behaviour. If you can't tell, I am quite done with these assumptions and false accusations that lead to attacks - the man is already down, you can stop kicking him.
Leacky's AvatarLeacky
@Garthic: in that case he should've been more clear about this in the first place. Then nobody would have assumed anything.
Credits: *Image of Purple Glaceon used with permission* *Avatar is an official Glaceon sprite from Pokemon Conquest*
I'm back! *My new Shop*
I'm sorry if you see it as an attack, but from what I saw there was no indication there was going to be more work on it, thus my comment. The addittion of userscripts being an actual part of the site now makes it feel as though it's being said that it's done and dusted, not that it's being worked on. I'm afraid that with any userbase you have to be clear and consice, otherwise there are going to be assumptions, and not everyone can read between the lines, and some can't process your meaning unless it is explicitly clear. This is not an attack, it's just a notice of my feelings, because just like I can't read minds, neither can anyone else.
Magical Rose's AvatarMagical Rose
I'm not trying to be rude or start anything. I just want to clarify something. From what I've read, they are not saying that he is "copping out and just using someone else's work" they are saying it FEELS like he is. Maybe I missed something but that's what I've gathered.
Pfp made by me.

Pages: 123··· 5758596061··· 858687

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page