PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

ACA*. An apology, and an explanation. BLM/LGBTQ+ Support

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 12131415

söbble's Avatarsöbble
"MLK is remembered for his completely peaceful protests in the 60s over civil rights." MLK, despite being peaceful, was assassinated. Don't act like being peaceful doesn't also incite violence and death if you're a minority. edit: wrong word fnewjkn.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
duncabee's Avatarduncabee
I encourage everyone to think critically about what they may have learned about in school and what may have been left out, as well as read information from different sources especially from minority voices.
The Muse's AvatarThe Muse

QUOTE originally posted by brïtt

MLK was assassinated.
I WAS GONNA SAY THE SAME THING. HE WAS KILLED CAUSE PEOPLE DIDNT AGREE WITH HIM. although he was peaceful, he was murdered for his ideals. malcolm x is remembered by those that understand its okay to fight
furina's Avatarfurina

MLK was assassinated.
the fact that privileged people like to throw MLK's name around like nothing is beyond me...
forum avatar is furina from genshin impact
Kyubiisaan's AvatarKyubiisaan

MLK was assassinated.
And his death has been used for decades to advocate for being respectable, when the world has been anything but. They want you to turn the other cheek so they can beat that one too. I'm so sick of this notion we need to be peaceful because it's the only way that works. Those two world wars sure weren't peaceful, but they changed a whole lot. We don't need to riot either. What we need to do is express ourselves, and rid ourselves of respectability for people who do not value our lives. And this notion people wouldn't know who Malcolm X is... I'm gonna pretend I never read that.
"It is our duty to fight for our freedom. It is our duty to win. We must love each other and support each other. We have nothing to lose but our chains." - Assata Shakur
feyral's Avatarfeyral
“A riot is the language of the unheard” is an MLK quote I’m just gonna toss out before anyone gets any of his quotes twisted
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
Okay, I'm going to be closing this thread now. We will be updating the first page with more links as they come in and we check them. I thank you for reading and taking part in the discussion. To be clear; this thread will now be closed but updates will be posted regarding charities, petitions and beneficial organisations. You can PM me or the other staff questions through PM or discord. If we reopen this thread for discussion we will be sure to update as well. Thank you.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.

QUOTE originally posted by Tarashia

If you feel like you need to hide user content on profile pages, you can add these codes to your skin. I understand that sometimes people need a break, so that is why I am posting these here. Yes, this may mean also hiding links to shops, etc, but that's the necessary compromise. > Hide trainer cards on multi-profile view only: #multiuser .tc-status { display: none; } > Hide about me sections on single-profile view: #profilepage #aboutme { display: none; } > Hide trainer cards in both single and multi-profile views: #profilepage .tc-status { display: none; } > Hide signatures in forums: .forumpost .signature { display: none; }
Bringing this forward as I know some people don't want to see what others have to say on both sides. If this helps you enjoy your experience on Pokefarm then so be it.

QUOTE originally posted by Constantine

Everyone has different opinions and likes. And people are passionate about it. I don't agree with the all cops are *, but I understand why others believe they are. I'm not going to get hot and bothered about it because to me it's an opinion. People can get upset about that and they have a right to be. Anyway, in regards to hijacked slogan. You can just say #MakeAmericaGreat or something. I don't know. In my personal opinion, America was great when it wasn't called America. But that's me. Again, it's time for civility as I don't want to lock this thread. But I will if I have to.
I'm going to clarify this as someone may/will take it the wrong way. Regarding the #MakeAmericaGreat - I said it like this because to me, America has never been 'great' after its colonisation by whites, due to the obvious fact on how it came to be. The only way it can become 'great' is by reform, and even then it's a long away from it due to the history this country has. 'I don't know. In my personal opinion, America was great when it wasn't called America. But that's me.' - What I meant by this, if it wasn't obvious, was that America was 'great' before colonisation and was called something different in regards to its native population. If people are using 'MakeAmericaGreat' (Not M*G*) as a racist slogan, can someone please PM me with links etc so I can edit accordingly. Google isn't bringing much up in regards to it other than 'M*G*' and I'm not sure if that's due to my location (UK) or if I'm genuinely just looking in the wrong place. If they are using this then it's something that I'll need to bring up with the team to also have removed. Regardless, I believe I may have made a mistake by saying this as it has political undertones either way. I apologise for this. PMs are definitely appreciated, regarding this matter with information. Thank you for your help.

Update

Hey there folks, we were asked a very interesting question regarding the usage of 131*. After some discussion, we have decided that 131* is not allowed. Our reasoning for this is that the * is a direct stand-in for the 'b-word'. While 'Dang' or 'Shoot' have become their own words, meaning that people will say them without actually thinking of the words they stand-in for. While we understand that * may also mean 'bad' just like in the acronym it translates into we thought it best to just not allow it so it falls in with our rules. All acronyms that have bad language within them or are offensive will be removed and this will be seen more clearly as we upload an update to the rules. You can, however still say 131 and fill in the last number for whatever else, as long as it's not offensive. If you wish to say Allcopsarebad with this acronym then please use 1.3.1 214. Or just simply write it out, you have the right to say what you will in your about me, trainer cards, etc as long as it's not breaking our rules put forward. I'm sorry it took so long to get this update out, as we had to discuss it for a bit. Banning number strings isn't something we want to do, but we also can't ignore it now that we know the meaning of it. I hope you understand where we're coming from with this. It was quite difficult to come up with this as the arguments on both sides have points. You can PM me your questions and what not and I'll try to get to them asap. If there's another update to this, I'll be sure to keep you in the loop. *- the last number has been censored.

Pages: 123··· 12131415

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page