PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

ACA*. An apology, and an explanation. BLM/LGBTQ+ Support

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 131415

Constantine's AvatarConstantine
Hello Pokefarm, I'm coming to you with a significant announcement that needs your attention regarding these current times. During these trying times, the world has finally come to terms with what's going on in regards to police brutality. The need for reformation due to an oppressive and violent system that was built on archaic values. As one can imagine with what's been unleashed - and rightfully so in regards to our law enforcement and etc. This is the use of 'ACA*' I will not fill in this acronym as those who are in the know-how know what this means. On PFQ, we updated our rules and tried to combat the usage of this acronym. We did it incorrectly. We were wrong to cite UK law as a reason to not use this acronym. Thus this is an apology and one that in my opinion, needed to be said yesterday as this shouldn't have happened in the first place. This is the new template that we will now be using;

QUOTE originally posted by System*

Hello there, It has been brought to Staff's attention that you had the acronym "ACA*" for "All Cops Are *" on your profile either as a trainer card message, in your About Me or part of your signature. While we understand wanting to support the current world views, this content breaks PFQ’s content rating as a child-friendly (G/PG) website. The swearing is the only reason, and we’d like to iterate that. Other things to write in name of support are: BLM/Black Lives Matter, End Police Brutality, Policestinky, Hold ALL law-breakers accountable, and so on. If you would like to discuss this further, or have any questions, etc, please let us know.
Note; the * will be removed to actually say the word in the template. We do this to be as clear as possible. Again, this should not have happened, the reasons we stated were incorrect, and that has been rectified. To anyone that has been offended and or hurt, this is a direct apology to you - but also a thread to clarify and educate. Now, does this mean you can use ACA* on our website? No. There is a reason why. The * missing letter is the reason why. The * word is an offensive terminology that is an old archaic world view from a time where women were oppressed and lost their lives due to a corrupt government/society who punished them for having a child outside of wedlock. The words history is part of the dark times for which we're supposed to be moving from, and it's still an issue today in some parts of the world. Please do not use it in any form or fashion. Thousands of lives were lost due to the laws and oppressive views that sprung up around having children out of wedlock. Women and children today are still being killed because of this. It's not child friendly, it's not 'anyone' friendly. Please do not use it. Now, does this mean you can't express your distaste with the police force? No, you can say what you will as long as it doesn't contain any content that isn't child-friendly or overly offensive. If you wish to say 'Allcopssuck', in your trainer card. Go for it. That's your opinion and you have a right to your opinion. If you received a PM regarding ACA* then I wish to apologise as the reasoning for its removal was wrong. The argument for why it should remain is due to the * word being something offensive and oppressive. -- Now, another point. In regards to having BLM in your trainer cards etc. This is perfectly fine, there is no reason why it shouldn't be allowed. In fact, if you have any movement hashtag support in your about me, trainer card etc., it's okay. We will only act if we see direct racism/offensive content. Example: #BLM #TransRights #LBGTQ+ #AllCopsSuck These are fine. People may not agree with your statement, but you have every right to say what you are saying. If someone challenges you for saying these things, you can report them if they do not drop it. We should be respecting of each other's opinions and not supporting the idea of an echo chamber. #MAGA is no longer allowed --- Finally - and this doesn't mean this is any less important. I want to say that PFQ supports the movement. I'm going to use this platform to broadcast petitions and what not so you can help the cause by signing petitions or donating. You don't have to if you don't want to. But there's a platform here, and we're going to use it. If you can and are willing, please check out this list;

Petition Links

If any of you have any more petitions, donation links etc, to help with the cause, then you can contact me through Pokefarm or Discord, and I will update this thread post. Other members of staff you can contact are Belial, Hootie, Amanome, Garthic and Eltafez. If you can help, please do! --- I leave with this, out of everything that has happened. Please remember Breonna Taylor, plenty of those who were brutalised by corrupt cops, oppressed and killed are guilty of no crime but the fact they weren't born with white skin. This case is as loud as any other, yet the outrage for it is so very little. Please look her up, see her story. This is why we need reform.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.

#BLM

Pride Month Support

I'll be posting approved petitions and charities etc in no particular order. We just want them out there for people to see. Please be wary that, if you're donating to change.org the money doesn't go the cause but seems to go towards the upkeep of the site. If you wish to donate strictly to the charity/petition starter etc, then do not donate to change.org. - Large List of Petitions - Transwomen of Color Collective - Homeless Black Trans Women Fund - SF LGBT Center - Trans Employment Program - Black Aids Institute - Mermaids - The Okra Project - akt - Transgender Law Center - Equality Network - Transgender North Ireland - Black Trans Fund - Black Trans Travel Fund - Gay Center - The Trevor Project - Make Juneteenth a National Holiday ------------- If you have a petition/charity that is working to aid these causes that you know is 100% safe and the money is going towards the cause, please send them to a staff member. Hootie and I will always be available through Discord if you have access. Do not post the link here, as we do need to do a quick review of the link! Please be mindful when giving money; here is a link regarding scammers who prey on your goodwill. It's best to check these things before making a donation. If Hootie and Myself are not available or you don't wish to go by us you can also contact Amanome, Garthic, Belial and Eltafez. URGENT! Currently Looking for LBGTQ+ Petitions and charities
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Thank you for apologising and owning up to your mistakes!! I'll PM you a few petitions and charities I know of, I hope they can be added here!!;;
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
pkspsapphire's Avatarpkspsapphire
i mean thanks for the apology and all but that's basically rescinded by your passing judgement for those with maga in their bio or card, of which ignoring its racist origin does make it a racist phrase. i just think it's ridiculous that you won't allow a phrase with a curse word but fully allow that racist dogwhistle.
  • 🪪
  • 📋
  • 🔗

sapphire/they/23

Tournament Token (Ruby)

Tournament Token (Ruby)

Event Item

(: 0)

[LEGACY] A token earned from Weekly Tournaments Season 10 but it is too old to be valid.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +4,345,574
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FireFighting
Happiness MAX
Quiet nature
125 eggs
Score: 2154
credits

credits

Kinshine's AvatarKinshine
Thank you for posting this it means a lot to see this being spoken out about. I am glad it's being fixed and everything as well. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way is having the hash tag #allcopssuck... as in that statement is really false and misleading as not all cops are bad as some here have protected a lot people and its sad to see someone have that because if someone is a cop on this site not sure if there is anyone but speaking out that seems hurtful to say or be allowed on this site. Teaches the wrongs in my opinion and would break the rules of respect if not other rules then again it still opinions but shouldn't be on a site like this. I just saying how I feel. Unlike the #BLM #TransRights #LBGTQ+ These completely different and not the same as the one above. furthermore , I will look into soem LGBTQ+ Charities as i have moved I am not familiar with anything here however in the other state I come from they have alot events for pride / LGBTQ+ events so I will look into that for you all asap. But thank you still for addressing this it does mean a lot to us and everyone else!
Avatar by: Nettle Bee | Pixel by: Bufuserk
The Muse's AvatarThe Muse

QUOTE originally posted by pkspsapphire

i mean thanks for the apology and all but that's basically rescinded by your passing judgement for those with maga in their bio or card, of which ignoring its racist origin does make it a racist phrase. i just think it's ridiculous that you won't allow a phrase with a curse word but fully allow that racist dogwhistle.
they shouldnt allow curse words to be so blatantly displayed, children use this website. its an offensive word, too there are people that support the us president that arent racist. just gotta keep that in mind. of course, if those with #MAGA in their info are being racist, constatine said theyd be punished accordingly. just like why they banned ACA*, its due to wanting to keep the site a safe place
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
thank you for posting this clarification! prior to this announcement i was somewhat concerned with the lack of communication on the issue, so i appreciate your coming forward with this. i do have a question: it's in regards to offensive acronyms. in the past, staff have said that acronyms such as [censored] etc. are acceptable because you don't necessarily know the word they're using in the acronym, even if these acronyms are widely known to have disallowed words in them. this would seem to apply to "aca*" as well, so i'm curious as to why this is different. i understand not wanting to allow acronyms with swears in them, and if that's the decision of the moderating team going forwards, that's completely understandable. i'm just checking for clarification since this seems to contradict previous rules. thanks ^^ mod edit: acronyms with profanity removed
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
pkspsapphire's Avatarpkspsapphire

QUOTE originally posted by Gee Notorious

they shouldnt allow curse words to be so blatantly displayed, children use this website. its an offensive word, too there are people that support the us president that arent racist. just gotta keep that in mind. of course, if those with #MAGA in their info are being racist, constatine said theyd be punished accordingly. just like why they banned ACA*, its due to wanting to keep the site a safe place
i dont care if theyre "not racist", because they actively support and voted in a president who is racist, and is destroying the lives of minorities across the united states. that phrase is more than just an innocent call of support.
NightmareWolf's AvatarNightmareWolf
thank you for this posting and i hope everyone bides and i wish the world wasnt filled with buttheads
Nightmarewolf
official mew sprites found on pokemondb.net my avi made by alexa 2d/3d
@pkspsapphire I think I've made it clear that I'm not exactly comfortable with it being there. But we can't just remove them without more evidence that they are indeed racist. I think we've seen plenty of racist individuals who champion this, which is the issue. But I've also seen plenty of PoC who just want their country to be great in regards to equality for all. If we see comments that are racist and are linked into it, we will remove them as we are not in support of it. Please report if you see someone being racist without a doubt, so we have a clear cut case. I'm sorry you feel that was about how we handled this, and it's something we will further discuss. Until then, this will stand. @D33RG0D5 I'm in agreement, with the broad accusation that is 'all', but in the end these are peoples opinions. As long as they're stated as opinions they're fine in regards to our ruling, but perhaps not in our own moral views. @Corviknight We've talked about this, and it's one of the things I've championed to be removed because it's hypocritical of us to allow these but not aca*. We will be looking to remove all acronyms that may contain offensive content. An update to our rules will be coming shortly. We're now currently discussing the acronym MAGA, this may result in an update on what we do and do not accept.

Pages: 123··· 131415

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page