PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD # 8

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 12345

UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
I guess I'm not like most people, but I almost exclusively use the party tab. I don't use the profile tab too much unless I'm changing my trainer card or About Me. The new profile page looks pretty similar to the current party page, so it works for me.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
Wow the explanation for why revamping scours is so much more difficult than expected sounds like a big challenge. That's a lot of features to have to make work with each other. Thank you for the update Niet, and good luck! Hopefully hindsight and experience are making the creation of PFNew (thank you Bel for that) a lot easier and less problematic for future modification, I've often heard how the current code is just layers piled on top of each other and forced to work, making everything more difficult to work with in the long run. I am jumping on the "only use party page" train. I only ever go to my profile if I want to edit my AM or trainer card. That said, combining the two pages makes a lot of sense and I have no complaints on that. [question] In the image of PFNew I see that most of the shortcut links are removed. Is this going to be permanent, or just a side-effect of Niet not having any links to favorite as shortcuts at this stage of development?
Buy stuff at my Shop Score: 3480
StillHere's AvatarStillHere
It hadn't occurred to me that most people would use their profile page and not their party page. I can defintiely see how combining the two would be beneficial on desktop, but on mobile it just seems like it would be just a lot all on one page. On mobile, I'm much more likely to acidentally open the link to an egg instead of hatching it, and so I rarely go to my profile to hatch eggs. I'm concerned at just how much we'll need to scroll if both the task list, rank, VIP list, trainer card, and about are all on the same page.
Avatar | Shop They/them, he/him, or xe/xem/xyr pronouns please!
Zorovern's AvatarZorovern
^ I am also worried about how things will look/load on mobile. Also add me to the list of people that rarely go to their own profile lol. The way I have it on mobile, I have one tab perpetually open with the first loaded page being my private fields, and the second current page, my party. That way if I need to move something to fields I just hit the back button and then forward again when I'm done :p
(avatar credit)
Helioptile fanart drawn by me in the Colors3D 3DS app.
Actual sig coming eventually :p
pheaux's Avatarpheaux
I don't have any comments for the scour update other than I'm looking forward to it, so I'll skip to thoughts on the new project. I think adding back some brown is a nice choice; it definitely helps break up the monotony of the green and focus attention on the important bits. The expansion of the top menu is also good! I'm curious how it will look on smaller screens though. I'm glad the background is receiving an update as well. Have to say: not a big fan of the type icons. Their roundness is jarring and stands out a lot for what's supposed to be side information and not a focus point. You said you deleted the party page, so is it safe to assume that all profiles will be organized in the same way (excluding the quests of course)? I'm only bringing it up because the current organization of profiles has the trainer card and about me on the right which automatically pushes them down when the screen gets squished. The trainer card and about me on the left seems like the Pokemon will be pushed down instead unless you're redoing how they're handled on smaller screens Also pitching in: I use the profile page over the party page because the Pokemon info boxes get separated on the party page. I'm primarily a desktop user but I use split screen so viewing my party page can make the Pokemon jump around when they wouldn't on the profile page. The separation is also somewhat distracting when I'm trying to quickly see my Pokemon; I see the same type of separation on the "current" screenshot but I'm currently on mobile so I can't really compare. If I have to use my VIP list, I go to my farm page since it also shows the time last active, and I'm far enough into the game that I don't need to accept rank rewards and task list rewards on any regular basis.
Avatar is official art from Pokemon Typing Adventure Look at him:
Enigma Berry

Enigma Berry

Special Berry

(: 0)

A completely enigmatic Berry. It apparently has the power of the stars that fill the night sky.

Flavour: Spicy/dry
Colour: Yellow
Firmness: Hard
Growth time: 96 hours

Sells for 40

Lv. 99 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness 27%
Mild nature
LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
Personally, I'm not sure how I feel about the NavBar, as it feels very minimalistic, which I can understand the reasoning for; but am mostly just currently uncertain as to where the links lead and how much is just shoved under one link.
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
Nysander's AvatarNysander

QUOTE originally posted by UnownVelouria

I guess I'm not like most people, but I almost exclusively use the party tab. I don't use the profile tab too much unless I'm changing my trainer card or About Me. The new profile page looks pretty similar to the current party page, so it works for me.
This is me. Though my only issue with the new updated one is the Trainer card Pic is on the left. That really bothers me(I don't know why), it really needs to be on the right. Or at the very least be able to toggle it to the right side.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by LadyElemental

Personally, I'm not sure how I feel about the NavBar, as it feels very minimalistic, which I can understand the reasoning for; but am mostly just currently uncertain as to where the links lead and how much is just shoved under one link.
Each one is a submenu, and the new-and-improved tutorial will gradually introduce the features to you so this shouldn't be an issue.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
Drop-down submenus? I'm happy.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
http://prntscr.com/szu381 ^ Like this. Notice how there's very few links in there - that's because I haven't unlocked them yet. They get added as they're introduced by the game, so you don't get overwhelmed as a new player.

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page