PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #7 (Tifa's Seventh Heaven)

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123

UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
grandmaster.pngss.png

QUOTE originally posted by Rebecca Gold

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

[Question] Is there a valid reason why important updates like the Dev Log or Galar releases don't get a notification on the News tab, while something as pointless as Blank giving themselves a title somehow warrents one?
I got flashing notification in the News tab when they made new posts in the Dev Log 204. Did it not happen to you? And, please correct me if I'm wrong, but that notification in the News tab shows up only if the first post gets edited, hence it going active when Blank Banshee updated the title. That's why they also edit the first post of Dev Log thread to activate it.
I guess I must have missed the Dev Log notification. But, if that's the case, then I'd say it should either be change to any post/edit in the thread, or the Galar thread should get first post edits like the Dev Log. People expect a News notification to be something important, but currently we get to see Blank's title change over Galar releases.
summon_kyo.pngBuying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling.summon_kyo.png Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Blank accidentally left the thing tagged to cause the flash to occur. (Quick edit to note I did mention this to him when he did it, he didn't realise that was the case but now knows to check it for future reference. It shouldn't happen again, in other words.) This did get a little flashy boi, by the by - I'd know, as I'm the person who edited the first post to ensure that was the case. Might I prescribe a nice dose of "Dayum, chill bro" during these trying times?
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
grandmaster.pngss.png
Too long, didn't read.
summon_cob.png 59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
MinniHowl's AvatarMinniHowl
grandmaster.pngc+.png
I asked Niet on discord once about this, he said the way it was coded made it so he couldn’t do it so it would flash per new post, it would only flash if the first post is updated (which was said and what they do with dev logs I think). So I guess some major recoding would have to happen to make it a possibility, he didn’t say anything about planning to change how this works though (meanwhile make a small change to a main post is an ok alternative, provided its remembered :p)
~Xo, MinniHowl ● SHOPJOURNAL
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
grandmaster.pngss.png

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

Blank accidentally left the thing tagged to cause the flash to occur. (Quick edit to note I did mention this to him when he did it, he didn't realise that was the case but now knows to check it for future reference. It shouldn't happen again, in other words.) This did get a little flashy boi, by the by - I'd know, as I'm the person who edited the first post to ensure that was the case. Might I prescribe a nice dose of "Dayum, chill bro" during these trying times?
So I made a mistake and Blank made a mistake. Doesn't change the fact that Galar drops don't get the News notification. If ya'll are willing to go through the extra steps to make the Dev Log have a notification, why not do the same for Galar drops? If it's as simple as an edit, it's not like it's using up more than like 10 seconds. Instead of just the repeated "You missed the announcement because you didn't go out of your way to find a thread and sub to it, when all other updates have a News notification? Stinks to be you." Whether or not that was the intentions, it's the message I got from it.
Nah, that's fair. There is a thread for it that you could subscribe to, mind you - Niet's the one who makes those posts which is why I haven't addressed that. I don't know the answer so... I mean, I'm not going to sit here and lie to you xD That's the same thread I mentioned in the Dev Log, actually, come to think of it. I'll ask him when he's awake, though, since I'm curious myself. I know he's going to read this thread as well, so it's going to get answered one way or another, even if I should forget ^^
Frezgle's AvatarFrezgle
grandmaster.pngc+.png
I'm not sure how 2FA "requires personal information"? Most sites/services use something like Authy or similar apps, which doesn't even use SMS (i.e., no collecting of phone numbers). It's also optional on basically every single site I've seen it available on, so no users would be forced to use it. If people opt in and find it inconvenient, or they lose their device, that's on them, not you.
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

So I made a mistake and Blank made a mistake. Doesn't change the fact that Galar drops don't get the News notification. If ya'll are willing to go through the extra steps to make the Dev Log have a notification, why not do the same for Galar drops? If it's as simple as an edit, it's not like it's using up more than like 10 seconds. Instead of just the repeated "You missed the announcement because you didn't go out of your way to find a thread and sub to it, when all other updates have a News notification? Stinks to be you." Whether or not that was the intentions, it's the message I got from it.
Honestly, it just hadn't crossed my mind - I'm not sure why. I'll do it moving forward, thanks for mentioning it.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Winter Wolf's AvatarWinter Wolf
ultra.pnge+.png
heh wow, should have tooken your advise Niet. sorry for blowing it off like i would be fine. someone from the other side of the world of me found out my Gmail and password and tried to sign in. luckaly google blocked them from getting in. Thanks Niet for the wake up call 😅
Winters Sparkle Shop! Check out my shop for some cheap sparkles<3 ~♡~Winter Wolf~♡~
Gallevoir's Avatarhypermode-12.pngGallevoir
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
[Question] Has any progress been made on the spiritual sequel to PokeFarm Q since the last time it was mentioned? There doesn't have to have been, what with Galar and the World Situation, but if there has it'd be neat to know.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
j.pngg.pngo.pngd.png6.png6.png1.pngn.pngx.pngp.png
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page