PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #7 (Tifa's Seventh Heaven)

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123

I'm a long time fan of FF7, sue me. The seventh Discussion thread for "Dev Log 204" is now open! Please remember to remain on-topic - this includes avoiding speculation outside of the realm of what has been presented. If you have a question, please tag your post with [question] so that it's easier for us to find! Please do not tag suggestions as [question] - please put suggestions in the suggestions forum! Thank you <3
Winter Wolf's AvatarWinter Wolf
anyone else get confused during Niets post? [question] How will the security updates effect me as a user who hasent logged in in over a month due to being online every day?
Winters Sparkle Shop! Check out my shop for some cheap sparkles<3 ~♡~Winter Wolf~♡~
KitKatWitch's AvatarKitKatWitch
Niets post was a heavy bite for this early on a Monday morning, but heck if I didn't enjoy it. I'm super interested in the game, while also finding it hilarious that Niet used coding and programming to solve a mini game literally provided to give you a break from coding and programming. I loved it. [Question] If a scour is now approximately 12~ hours, would a not-yet-totemed pokemon simply gather the 5 stickers, and then 7~ items?
Joint shop! Breeding pairs, shelter hunts, and more!
I personally think that talking about security measures is always a good idea as it raises awareness, especially when big part of responsibility falls on users alone. I'm still worried about how will scour update affect box market prices but at the same time I'm curious to see how it'll work. I enjoyed Niet's post, it was very informative. Thank You for writing it!
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
APPreacher's AvatarAPPreacher
Ah the inner workings of a genius' brain. This was very entertaining to read, if nothing else. I hope everyone understands how so much of programming is Wash-Rinse-Repeat after your insight.
PerdiOJogo's AvatarPerdiOJogo
I'm taking Software Engineering in university and currently I have a class about algorithms. I'm slowly starting to learn that the "I still don't know how it works, but it does, so I don't need to" mentality is very useful. Also, yes, quite ironic programming the crap outta the "take a break from programming" mini-game xD
Fated's AvatarFated

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

You have a problem, you throw together an attempt to solve it. At some point, it'll start to work, until it doesn't. When it breaks, you figure out why it broke and how to solve it. Eventually, it'll either work perfectly, or it'll work well enough that it either doesn't break, or nobody notices it breaking.
When did we go from talking about programming to talking about my life? All jokes aside it was a very interesting read. I remember coding little fan boards as a teenager and that was headache enough. Props to you for coding an entire website. Always enjoy dev log updates 😃
This is a custom code for @Fated! This is not free to use.
I have quite a few free fields, please check them out!
Button made by GEOTHERMAL9
credits

credits

I loved today's post! The issue I often run into is finding things that I want to code. Maybe keeping track of things I like online could give me ideas. Is there a chance I could see your source code and try to break it down for myself?
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
[Question] Is there a valid reason why important updates like the Dev Log or Galar releases don't get a notification on the News tab, while something as pointless as Blank giving themselves a title somehow warrents one?
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

[Question] Is there a valid reason why important updates like the Dev Log or Galar releases don't get a notification on the News tab, while something as pointless as Blank giving themselves a title somehow warrents one?
I got flashing notification in the News tab when they made new posts in the Dev Log 204. Did it not happen to you? And, please correct me if I'm wrong, but that notification in the News tab shows up only if the first post gets edited, hence it going active when Blank Banshee updated the title. That's why they also edit the first post of Dev Log thread to activate it.

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page