PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Remove tourney egg lock

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123··· 8910

annador's Avatarannador

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

I mean, why do you even need to be punished just because you can't or don't feel like participating?
You aren't punished for not participating, you are rewarded for participating.
Except for people that are normally active, but something comes up and they aren't able to participate, being locked out of Arceus rank for a month is a punishment for not participating. I fully understand having the eggs locked for their first week, but what truly is the purpose of keeping it locked after that? I've never followed the logic there. Like others have mentioned, the champion rework has lessened the impact of losing arceus, but the boost difference is still present. It's still a tangiable difference on significantly long chains. There are a *lot* of cases that can pull someone away from the site for one week, many of which are not in their control. There have been a lot of times where people are locked out of Arceus rank for Mass Click Weekend, a time when a lot of people use full boosts to hatch.
Passively collecting ; ♦ Credits for ??? ♥ Steel Statues for Registeel ♦ Delta points for Milcery / Kitwurm Avatar from BananaLizard for my use ♥
CupOfCocoa's AvatarCupOfCocoa
Huge support, and to be honest I feel like it's a major oversight to not have this developed to begin with? Something like this actively discourages the supposed participation factor for tournaments. For example, I came back to the site after 6 months of taking a break. I have purposefully held back from purchasing an Ubercharm or activating Hypermode specifically because I am 2 eggs off from getting back to Arceus, and one of these eggs just so happens to be tournament locked for me. I just feel like it's weird that a feature that would spur activity is actively not being made for such a miniscule difference as to whether someone is able to click the 'join tournament' button, because it's essentially the same thing as someone not clicking it and someone clicking it and getting 0 points. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ edit: and what I mean by the participation factor for tournaments is that something like this could cause someone to not want to come back to the site since it will take literal weeks to get one egg that will affect whether or not they get Arceus. It doesn't make sense that someone can get every other single egg, including legendaries and other past exclusive eggs, but yet still be locked out from getting the one they need without being able to do anything about it but just wait. For reference, here is my tournament history: https://prnt.sc/12eeoeg you can tell when I returned to the game and started actively participating in the tournament again, and I have been waiting 4 weeks, pretty much one entire month for one egg, and even in this week's tournament it's not the egg I need
art commissioned from @maeshipixel on Twitter for my use only
shop - twitch.tv/cuppofcocoa - journaltrading chickensmoothie for PFQ
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
Yea I also feel like it's discouraging a way of playing aka "not wanting to participate". I mean, there is a rules about "Everyone Plays How They Want to Play", but we still 'force' them to participate in tourney they dislike if they want the egg. Why not letting them theses means to get the egg in the first place?
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Bump
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Kårñstêin's AvatarKårñstêin
Agreed! Especially since it isn't like they would be free. You still have to break the bank for the 12 tokens to actually purchase the egg (especially in the beginning!), it's just a matter of being allowed the option to buy the egg.
Red Soul Dew

Red Soul Dew

Summon Item

(: 0)

A small orb with a red coloration that manages to emanate playfulness. There is talk that inside it is the key to discovering the Legendary Pokémon, Latias.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +7,813,988
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Naïve nature
"Understand we'll go hand in hand but we'll walk alone in fear. Where do we go from here?"
kittenbouquet's Avatarkittenbouquet
Support! Someone should be able to take breaks and come back without being discouraged. And people should be allowed to not participate in a tournament and still pay for the egg when they want it.
annador's Avatarannador
Really don't want to see this thread deleted. Just came back from a hiatus, and am currently stuck with one eggdex away from arceus.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Suggestion threads are currently in limbo and will not be deleted for inactivity, so no need to worry about bumping. We haven't gotten around to announcing this due to the holidays, but we're keeping track internally.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Hold on to your hats; I changed my mind! So this is done now.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 123··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page