PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Set signature preview to same height as displayed signature.

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12

Arsenal's AvatarArsenal
Another bump to keep this alive. Any input from staff? I feel like the userbase said all needed to be said.
Im neutral on both because there good and bad on both for example Good: Stops people looking see if all of there signature is accepted Bad: Preview space takes up a lot of space so having the exact same amount could cause spam and people struggling to read the reply. So maybe make preview box actually size of signature or maybe increase signature but add a colour edge of your choice something like that.
  • First Tab
  • Second Tab
  • Credit
Feel free to talk to me on these: Chicken Smoothie: Greenbunny1998 Discord: Greenbunny1998 #8985
Code made by Greenbunny1998 Forum Signature Picture is of my cat Coco as a kitten Profile Picture is of my cat Coco
Arsenal's AvatarArsenal

QUOTE originally posted by Greenbunny1998

Im neutral on both because there good and bad on both for example Good: Stops people looking see if all of there signature is accepted Bad: Preview space takes up a lot of space so having the exact same amount could cause spam and people struggling to read the reply. So maybe make preview box actually size of signature or maybe increase signature but add a colour edge of your choice something like that.
Thank you for your input, but I was hoping you could clarify some of your points as I have a bit trouble understanding where you are coming from. How would a fix height for the signature preview (which would mimic the height in the forum signature) increase spam? How would it cause people to struggle reading the reply? Your signature won't contain any part of the reply you write on the forum. Also I like to point out that if the signature preview height is fixed, it won't take up a 'lot of space' when previewing your signature, just the same height as is allowed in the forum. And what do you mean exactly with color edge? How would that fit in to the suggestion? I have a bit trouble understanding how that would be better compared to having a fixed height for the signature preview.

QUOTE originally posted by Arsenal

Thank you for your input, but I was hoping you could clarify some of your points as I have a bit trouble understanding where you are coming from. How would a fix height for the signature preview (which would mimic the height in the forum signature) increase spam? How would it cause people to struggle reading the reply? Your signature won't contain any part of the reply you write on the forum. Also I like to point out that if the signature preview height is fixed, it won't take up a 'lot of space' when previewing your signature, just the same height as is allowed in the forum. And what do you mean exactly with color edge? How would that fit in to the suggestion? I have a bit trouble understanding how that would be better compared to having a fixed height for the signature preview.
What i mean is if they gave us a height to increase our signature and someone does like big height like X1000 height it would take up most of that page so replies will be longer. With colour edges instead of black line to seperate signature from comment if doing colour border around signature if someone does do big signature it could make thing easier to read so for example forum post and someone advertising their shop but having big signature people might think the signature part of the shop so might be bit confusing.
--snip--

What i mean is if they gave us a height to increase our signature and someone does like big height like X1000 height it would take up most of that page so replies will be longer. With colour edges instead of black line to seperate signature from comment if doing colour border around signature if someone does do big signature it could make thing easier to read so for example forum post and someone advertising their shop but having big signature people might think the signature part of the shop so might be bit confusing.
I still don't see how this affects the suggestion? From what I understand, This is a suggestion to set the signature preview to how it'll be seen in the forums, in the Edit Signature option in the Options tab on your Farm Page. How you described your "con" does not make sense in the current context

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
Support! I always forgot that the preview isn't the same height as the displayed signature and it's kinda of a weird step having to constatly save your signature and then refresh another table just to be sure it show well instead of just using the preview option.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
I'd support this. It annoys me when I change my sig, only to find out something is cut off. It would be a minor change, but it's just something that'll help in the long run.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Arsenal's AvatarArsenal
bump
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
It is done.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page