PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Moderator applications

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456789

Suríya's AvatarSuríya
Don't get me wrong -- it's very rewarding and I wouldn't change it for a second. It's just not for everyone because everyone is different. :)
Current Hunt: Lunatone Chain Length: 1943 — Shiny Total: 33 — Melans: 0/1
All UFT pokemon can be found in my fields. No trade PMs please.
ICEBÜNN's AvatarICEBÜNN
Oh goodness. I had a feeling that you guys might put up with some negative interactions with people, but I’m sorry it happens to such a degree. :( They’re probably just people frustrated with the rules, and they most likely want to get a rise out of you. There are a lot of people that do respect you for what you do though, I can speak personally. ^-^ If I may ask this next question, what kinds of things do you guys have to deal with the most? As in, which part of your work takes up the most time of your moderator duties?
  • Main
  • Credits
Bunn, He/Him This is Frida
Avatar by me of my sona (full image), Signature by myself!
Gwafaiai's AvatarGwafaiai
Would one be able to potentially a spot even if theyve gotten in trouble/locked or whatever still or would that be an instant no?
Ange ✦ She/They ✦
agender pan
journalshop
F2U code by Colorful
Hoard:|| Buying: | |
Poison Deltas
Shiro-san's AvatarShiro-san
I have a bit of a minor question. How time consuming is being a mod? Will I still be able to do my usual pokefarm stuff or is it constant mod work making sure everything is in order? I'm prepared for it of course, I've wanted to be a mod for a long time.
All art and coding by me.Deviant Art-Toyhou.se
Saving credits for a Type:Null hunt.Swapping gp for credits 1:1k, buying ultra beasts 150gp each, null vouchers ,1,000gp! Just send a trade or pm!
× 104545702 / 200,000,000
Suríya's AvatarSuríya
From a purely personal point of view I'll try to answer these, but this is my opinion, not everyone's.

QUOTE originally posted by FlärînãFåïry

If I may ask this next question, what kinds of things do you guys have to deal with the most? As in, which part of your work takes up the most time of your moderator duties?
Reports and tickets take up our time as moderators. This is most of our job, in fact, so... really it's about how you manage your time. Some of us work (as in not on the site), some of us don't, but we still have to learn to manage the juggle of our lives, what we are volunteering to do here, and our personal time. We are a team so when one person is down, we help each other out. And maybe the next time, the downed person helps out when one of those people who picked up and helped in their place is down. Teamwork is the key. Communication is important. If there is no communication, there is no teamwork.

QUOTE originally posted by Remilia

Would one be able to potentially a spot even if they've gotten in trouble/locked or whatever still or would that be an instant no?
I can say that we read every application and discuss it as a team. I don't want to say more because it's not my place to make promises regarding this question. This is my first round of moderator apps since becoming staff, but I have seen every app get read and discussed -- not ignored because of one's past.

QUOTE originally posted by Shiro-san

I have a bit of a minor question. How time consuming is being a mod? Will I still be able to do my usual pokefarm stuff or is it constant mod work making sure everything is in order? I'm prepared for it of course, I've wanted to be a mod for a long time.
Again, as I mentioned above, it's all about time management. Some of us play the game more than others, a few barely play at all, but since we are a team we all work together and no one person is expected to shoulder the entire list of mod duties that we do. There are days when you do no work because you need a break and days where one or two people come together and shut down the entire list of reports. It changes every day, but in the end -- we, as a team, get the work done.
m21mcnaughton's Avatarm21mcnaughton
I applied the day this announcement was posted as I’m always searching for volunteer work opportunities whether it is in my community or on the online world. I have taken college courses on interpersonal communications and did further research on forum moderators to see what I would be doing if I were to be selected.

#ImpyresNeedLove

FunnyGamer95's AvatarFunnyGamer95
when i saw this application on the first day. i was like"yes i want to be part of a this team and help out this website so bad" so i did ^^ just hope i got selected.
Avatar made by me and also is mine pokesona. I well give away all my normal Gems. Because I do not need them it at all.
quinnpanda's Avatarquinnpanda
Adding on to the question Grubey asked about the formal/informal thing, is it okay that i didn't add on much more than the questions asked? I'm not the best at talking about myself, but I answered the necessities.
= 20 = 20
Template credit: izu.ku Avatar credit: Agent8
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
This kind of question is difficult to answer, honestly, without condemning existing applicants. Just collect what you think is important and then decide whether you want to go the formal/informal route.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
FunnyGamer95's AvatarFunnyGamer95

QUOTE originally posted by Eltafez

This kind of question is difficult to answer, honestly, without condemning existing applicants. Just collect what you think is important and then decide whether you want to go the formal/informal route.
If i got selected to be to work here i pick informal route.

Pages: 123456789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page