PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Improving the report system!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234··· 101112

If I saw someone breaking the rules I would report them. But I have not really looked for them to be honest (I will try to look out for them more) Though I have to admit I would wait a day perhaps if I saw someone double posting, seeing as I have had done that once myself due to my computer being stupid. (I contacted a mod about it, or the contacted me I can't remember clearly and they removed it for me)But of course that isn't immediately fixed. But if there is no chance after that day I would report them. (please correct me if I'm wrong with doing this) It is also a topic that is often talked about on other sites and I found out that most people would be either a timid or a sloth. But most of the time it is a combination of things. Like they are afraid that they will be a snitch and will think that other people will see it too and report it for them and so on.
Melan Entei Hunt

Livedex: Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos/Alola/Galar
Code made by: me -- Image Credit(s)
Otter I try to report when I can, but usually I don't see much rulebreaking. :/
WriterRaven's AvatarWriterRaven
Even though I didn't mark it, I can remember having a possible case of the whoopsies thing on PF1, where I reported some chick for lying to get a friend of mine banned. I provided proof and everything about the case but within the hour I was banned for something completely unrelated to the case (spam I think it was) that I wasn't even aware I was doing because I was a new user at the time. It could be it was just coincidence but it just seemed so unlikely that something like that should happen at the exact moment I was attempting to ban someone else. It's why I'm more tentative to report people on ANY site now, because I have a terrible memory so I'm always afraid I've broken a rule without realizing it and I don't want to get in trouble for something I wasn't aware I was doing in the first place. Even though I haven't seen any trouble yet on PFQ, I'd still be hesitant to report it solely because of that experience on PF1.
Avatar made by The-Winged-Tiger on Deviantart as a birthday gift. Signature banners made by Lunar Latias and Neo Emolga respectively with permission here and here.
Constantine's AvatarConstantine

QUOTE originally posted by Nayru

I'd have to agree with Torterra: I haven't seen any rule breaking. But if I were to see something minor, like double-posting or bumping, I'm not sure I would report it, for the simple reason that I don't want to get them in trouble for a little thing. But if it was more serious like harrassment or theft or inappropriate language, then yes I would report it.
When it comes to double posting we still want you to report ;] People seemed to assume we just deal out a ban for each report or something of the other. Nope, nada. In most - if not all cases when it comes to double posting; the offending post is deleted and the poster is simply poked and told 'hey, don't do that again!'. Only in the most severe of cases do we have to swing a hammer in the case of double posting - such as someone who repeatedly double posts and has been warned three times; that's when they're given a time out - and even then it's for a few days. If they still don't get the message then obviously more needs to be done! But yes, keep the forums clean - report those double posts and early bumps. It may be small but it accumulates and makes the forum a mess; I should know - I spend a lot of time cleaning it.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
pokéfan69's Avatarpokéfan69
eye roller and absent minded are obvious but otter because i just feel like it should be obvious that it shouldnt be done and let them get in trouble for it on their own.
Can you defeat the Sun City Gym.
djinn's Avatardjinn

QUOTE originally posted by WriterRaven

Even though I didn't mark it, I can remember having a possible case of the whoopsies thing on PF1, where I reported some chick for lying to get a friend of mine banned. I provided proof and everything about the case but within the hour I was banned for something completely unrelated to the case (spam I think it was) that I wasn't even aware I was doing because I was a new user at the time. It's why I'm more tentative to report people on ANY site now, because I have a terrible memory so I'm always afraid I've broken a rule without realizing it and I don't want to get in trouble for something I wasn't aware I was doing in the first place.
I too, have quite a terrible memory. Being someone myself who's broken the rules before, re-read the rules every few days actually to ensure before posting things, I'm not breaking them. I think everyone should always read the rules something like once a week even if they don't have a bad memory, just so it's glued into their brains.
- Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?
Avatar "Pentaclops" by Gomis. Permission to use image here.
Husky526's AvatarHusky526
The Hesitant Seems to fit me.. I'm quite shy. Though, I also haven't come across rulebreaking, though I'll keep an eye out for it!
Rokon's AvatarRokon
I was a few of them, but I also put Otter so I'll focus on that-- I'm really nervous about filing a report because I'm often afraid of getting snapped at for doing something wrong. The first report I recall filing, that happened because I didn't know I misunderstood the rule. I got scolded for trying to tell staff what the rules mean. The fear of being yelled at for doing something wrong and getting in trouble for it has been a deterrent for me to interact with staff much at all, really. I also see a lot of rules broken that I think would be considered "minor" rules, such as double posting or making too short of posts (thus spam), or using illegal CSS (or with that, illegal CSS in a way I can't determine if it would warrant a report or not). I don't report those because they don't feel reportable. Like I'd just be wasting staff time by reporting it and end up getting in trouble for it.
cee - he/she/they - 21 icon from Rachel and Jun youtube sig sprite by me stoked sparksurfer! everything i post is to be read in the flattest voice possible
Emmy's AvatarEmmy
Although I always make sure to file a report regardless of my personal feelings, I ticked "The Empath" on the poll for a number of reasons, number one of which being that most of my reports are on newer users breaking the rules. What I mean to say is, I'd feel better knowing there was a grace period for these members, at least for a handful of the rules, as I recognize many only require that you use plain ol' common sense and/or courtesy, as well as basic decency. But otherwise, committing rules to memory does take a bit of time, I believe. I, myself, spent the better half of my first few weeks referring back and fourth to the rules because they're just general enough that I'd have to sit and really ponder whether or not I was about to break one of them unintentionally. Not to say that the rules are too broad or too specific, just that they cover a lot of ground, much of which really depends on the individual user's good sense and judgment. So to know there's a little wiggle room for newer farmers would make me feel a whole lot better, although I do recognize that the staff do give out warnings and it makes reporting them all the more easy. For new members, I would personally maybe restricting their strikes to each area of rules for the first two weeks, that is if it's not already how things are done (I'm not at all familiar with the disciplinary system). If a newbie gets a strike in 'Spamming' for instance, breaking a 'Forum' rule shouldn't count as their 'second' strike, but the first for that set of rules, granted they aren't breaking the aforementioned "Adventure Rules," as they are stated first at sign up and then again in the Rules thread. On that note, I'm also a bit of an "Eye-roller," as filing a thorough report eats up a lot of the user's time, while saving the moderators theirs. I don't say this with any resentment, mind you, but rather with just the faintest hint of cynicism because we as members are prohibited from 'mini-modding' as it is interpreted as 'doing a member of staff's job for them' and 'showing that they think that the staff cannot do their jobs correctly, and so, takes the time to do it for them', but are then told to essentially do just that by taking the time to alerting the staff to the offense rather than trusting that they will do their jobs. It all seems just a wee bit contradictory to me--why have moderators at all if PFQ is to be a 'self-moderating community'? Again, I mean no disrespect, I'm just pointing out my own feelings and personal hang-ups on the matter and will absolutely continue to report any and every thing suspect I may come across, but maybe lending my voice will help other users find theirs, should they share my thoughts. --Thank you for your time and hearing us all out!
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
/400
©2013 SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA LLC. THE LAST OF US IS A TRADEMARK OF SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA LLC. CREATED AND DEVELOPED BY NAUGHTY DOG, INC.
alleycat's Avataralleycat
I think I'm mostly The Hesitant, with some flavourings of Golden Snitch, Empath, Tongue-Twister, and Timid. So far, on PFQ itself (rather than just hypothetical of if I ran into something) I've experienced a mix of Tongue-Twister and Hesitant in a particular case. It was regarding someone who had a blacklist on their profile for people who didn't return clicks. I felt lite it was against the rules, but I searched and searched and didn't find blacklists explicitly mentioned except in a single, vauge forum post from I think it was a year ago. I was scared of coming across as a busybody or getting in trouble for wasting staff's time if it turned out to be not against the rules, and also afraid of being accused of trying to tell staff what the rules meant/how to do their jobs, in case it turned out I misinterpreted what gave me the impression blacklists weren't allowed. Not so much because I thought staff were big, scary people on pedestals or anything like that, but because I struggle with wording things properly and tend to come across in the wrong tone sometimes - especially if I'm annoyed, as I was with the idea of that person's blacklist. (And I was on mobile and after a bit of inconclusive searching and not wanting to relay on my gut instinct, I just moved along.) Also, I have to say I agree completely with La Vie En Rose regarding mini-modding rules. I've always taken issue with those sorts of rules (though obviously I'll abide by them regardless), and to read in this thread that reporting is viewed as sort of a duty to us and not solely the mods' job sounds contradictory. As in, do you want help or not? I know there's nuances to it etc, but I'll be honest and say I would not report someone for a minor offense such as a single instance of double posting or just generally one that isn't cheating or harassing people because I'd prefer to be able to politely let them know they could get in trouble. And since doing that is against the rules... well, I'll just have to go "lalala didn't see anything" and flee the other direction because my empathy gets the best of me and makes me feel like I'd be a disgusting snitch and a bad person if I got someone in trouble for something minor which didn't even personally impact me or anyone else.
forum avatar made with catlike icon maker

Pages: 1234··· 101112

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page