PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PSA Regarding Paypal and DeviantArt

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

Shazi's Avatarhypermode-12.pngShazi
supermod.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngs.png
the fees are an unfortunate part of using paypal as a service. they are a business and they gotta make their money somehow. The whole point of this is you can't ask your customers to cover paypals fees, nor are you allowed to tell them to "send to a friend" to avoid higher fees
496 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Yahan's AvatarYahan
arceus.pngsss.png
Ok, thanks guys. So what’s the right thing to tell people to do then for PayPal?
I use tone tags! Ones I tend to use the most are /gen
genuine
, /nf
not forced
,/nm
not mad
, /lh
light hearted
, /npa
not passive aggressive
, /pos
positive
, /neu
neutral
, /s
sarcastic
. (Hover over for meanings~)
Credits: Avatar
made by Anna-Ravenrock
|| Signature
my design. Luvdisc is one of my Pokemon OCs adapted from an official Luvdisc sprite, girl and the quote are both from Erin Entrada Kelly's novel You Go First
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
grandmaster.pngs.png
Either sending an invoice, or more commonly used is the "payment for item or service" option.
Shazi's Avatarhypermode-12.pngShazi
supermod.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngs.png
if you are asking for 5USD the user pays 5USD, you get whatever comes in after fees.
MinniHowl's AvatarMinniHowl
grandmaster.pngc+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Yay

Ok, thanks guys. So what’s the right thing to tell people to do then for PayPal?
I'd say "Paying for an Item or Service" and then put in the amount of USD you are meant to send in "Recipient receives." Further down the page pick "no address needed" in the "Your Shipping address" box.

Edit: visual guide

1. Pick "Paying for an item or service" 2. Input the correct amount of currency agreed upon between you and the buyer/seller: 3. Pick "no address needed":
~Xo, MinniHowl ● SHOPJOURNAL
Yahan's AvatarYahan
arceus.pngsss.png
Thank you both!
Cherry's AvatarCherry
grandmaster.pngd+.png
I use paypal, but i don't think ive ever asked people to 'cover the fee' p-p honestly, I just send my paypal information and they send it to me, i don't ask for spacifics.. like i dont ask em to cover the fee, nor do i ask em to send it as a friend and family, or w.e .. p-p I hope i aint doing bad by that haha.
Icon by Baileykins
Suríya's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSuríya
mod41137.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngsss.png

QUOTE originally posted by Cherry

I use paypal, but i don't think ive ever asked people to 'cover the fee' p-p honestly, I just send my paypal information and they send it to me, i don't ask for spacifics.. like i dont ask em to cover the fee, nor do i ask em to send it as a friend and family, or w.e .. p-p I hope i aint doing bad by that haha.
No. Generally when a buyer is asked to send the seller the fees (or cover them) a person sending a seller $5 for an item, would also send them X-amount extra for whatever would be taken from the seller by Paypal. And this is not allowed. If a seller is selling something for $5, that is all the buyer is required to send. Period. :) Requiring them to send extra to cover the seller's fee from Paypal is against the Paypal Terms of Service and is what people have been doing here on site. This is why we have made an announcement regarding it.
Current Hunt: Lunatone Chain Length: 2401 — Shiny Total: 41 — Melans: 0/1
All UFT pokemon can be found in my fields. No trade PMs please.
So basically, it means that if you are charging 5 dollars for something, they send 5 dollars total, and whatever comes off with the fee comes off the payment?
<Insert very detailed signiture>
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
Right. It costs money to use PayPal to sell things, that's just how life works. Circumventing those fees (by having the buyer pay for them) is what's against their ToS.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page