PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PSA Regarding Paypal and DeviantArt

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

Thanks for the heads up about PayPal and DA's ToS! Thankfully, DA isn't a concern to me as I closed my account there a few years ago. Friendly reminder that there are alternatives to PayPal if you don't like their ToS or have any other major disagreements with how PayPal operates: Stripe, Square, Shopify.
Avatar drawn by me Art shop here!
kStormGemini's AvatarkStormGemini
don't use either of those services meself. had some issues with Pp in the past that just left me with a bad taste in my mouth. long story. it ended with my just bailing & tellin'em toodles. as to the other... i've no talent so using DA is a non-issue for me as well. lol but as big as both those things are, i say it's a good idea to keep a close eye on them as far as that goes. their popularity would make them easy prey to people with less the stellar moral compasses.
Winter's Midnight Shop⭐||👑Ka's👑 ♟️pawn or pass♟️|♣️The 1 gp shop♣️|🚘Optimus Prime's Shop🚘 ~*~ ~*~
Cailem042's AvatarCailem042
Gist of paypal fees, the higher amount sent, the higher the fee but lower fee percentage. For a transaction less than $2, there was a 20% fee. About $25 had a 4.8% fee. $45-50 had about 4.25% fee. For the one's I've recieved the fee seems to be 50/50. Maybe half the people went with "pay a friend", every one with a shipping address had a fee, but some without a shipping address had a fee as well. And just because we should love the visual guild and people might like it on the new page:

QUOTE originally posted by MinniHowl

"Paying for an Item or Service" and then put in the amount of USD you are meant to send in "Recipient receives." Further down the page pick "no address needed" in the "Your Shipping address" box.

Edit: visual guide

1. Pick "Paying for an item or service" 2. Input the correct amount of currency agreed upon between you and the buyer/seller: 3. Pick "no address needed":
Thanks for that.
Avatar made by magsimillion, commissioned at their shop.
Sedona's AvatarSedona
Just a heads up for those who may still be trying to work around the PP fees; as with any place that offers a service, if you go against their TOS, you're taking a risk that your account may be suspended etc.

Sedona | They/Them

Aether's Okayest DNC
Sprite Shop Trade shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Bonipops on Twitter Signature Pagedoll @Myself Type Race Code @Kieri
Hikari's AvatarHikari
Just want to make sure before I make a trade thread, but is it fine if I specifically ask for a certain currency? In example, I live in Europe, so I use € for everything, as such I'd prefer to receive Euro's directly since converting would cost me more money. It's not a problem if other people from Europe buy things from me since there's no conversion...but if someone from say, America wants to buy from me, am I forced to accept the dollars and pay the conversion fee or can I ask them to convert to the correct amount of Euro's first?
Image is official art from Dissidia: Final Fantasy.
Shazi's AvatarShazi
you can ask for it in your own currency, but you cannot ask for them to cover the conversion fees
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Hikari's AvatarHikari

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

you can ask for it in your own currency, but you cannot ask for them to cover the conversion fees
Alright, thanks for clearing that up :)
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

I'm confused by this. So say I was purchasing something for $20USD and since I'm australian, I have to pay currency conversion as well since USD>AUD. So $20AUD is not equal to $20USD, but paypal charges me a fee as well as conversion for the seller to end up with what they asked for in USD. Does that make sense? Or am I just reading what you meant wrong? Because I just assumed it meant they just had to pay the seller's fee initially.
Shazi's AvatarShazi
okay so when you ask for something on paypal you have the two boxes one that says "buyer gives" and "seller recieves" the person should ALWAYS put in how much you are asking, regardless of what currency it is in the "buyer gives" box. what you seller recieves at the end is after conversion and fees
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
Oh, okay! That makes sense! Thank you!

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page