PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

PSA Regarding Paypal and DeviantArt

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

Shazi's AvatarShazi
Hello, everyone! Quick PSA about Paypal since this seems to be coming up a lot lately. As per Paypal's Terms of Service you are NOT allowed to ask your customers to pay for the fees of a transaction, nor are you allowed to ask them to "send money to a friend" for a service or purchase. At this stage, all threads that are breaking these ToS are being removed. We can't enforce paypal's ToS but we can't let you break them on our platform. Here is PayPal's Terms of Service "3.5 Receiving Personal Payments. If you are selling goods or services, you may not ask the buyer to send you a Personal Payment for the purchase." Additionally, we have had to close a few threads trading for DA points. As Per DA's ToS we also cannot allow you to break these ToS on our platform. You can find the ToS for DA points here "deviantPOINTS cannot be used, Transferred, sold or otherwise traded outside of the Site and any such activity is strictly prohibited."
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
SpoodleBug's AvatarSpoodleBug
havent used da in years so thats not an issue personally. And fortunately i knew about paypal's tos~ thank you for bringing this up, it's trouble for everyone involved really if things go wrong. Hopefully this will help lots of people
Avvy by SimonPetrikov
Adian's AvatarAdian
I am so happy you've posted this! :)
Type Race Score: 0 Selling all kinds of pokemon, items, dexes, adoptions and newbie freebies! Banner created by, Maomi, purchased for me by ChibiLunaThorn. Avatar made by Yutalia@DA. Purchased and used with permission.
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
Just thought I'd put this here, as I had a recent incident of me doing a dumb and I'd hate it to happen to others. As someone who uses paypal a lot, if you're a buyer, make sure you hit that drop-down option of "no address needed" for postage! Otherwise Paypal holds off on sending the seller the money until they can confirm they sent it. (Digital goods is the option they can select so it gets procesed.) I'm just glad to see there's an official announcement though. I myself I had no idea and just did it because paying the fee was what other users just demanded of me. ^^;
TheDizzyRaven's AvatarTheDizzyRaven
Not only that, but if Paypal catches the folks doing the transaction, BOTH the buyer and the seller could end up with compromised accounts.
Svetty's AvatarSvetty
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I was just going to do it because I saw it being said so many times in other threads so I thought it was fine. I really should have read Paypals TOS first so that fault is on me. I'm glad this has been brought up too so others can see. Also thank you Nae too! Good advice so I know for the future. ;w;
Svetty She/They Sableye enthusiast
Ice Rock

Ice Rock

Special Evolution Item

(: 0)

[LEGACY] A sphere of ice that seems to freeze air around it.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +9,420,776
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
DarkGhost
Happiness MAX
Gentle nature
Moss Rock

Moss Rock

Special Evolution Item

[LEGACY] A sphere that's alive with vegetation.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 1 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Careful nature
Borealis Lantern

Borealis Lantern

Summon Item

A magical lantern that casts rainbow-coloured light from its flame. This light is rumoured to attract Bunbori's interest.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +8,233,154
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFlying
Happiness 27%
Calm nature
Buying 20zc each.
x 23 / 1,000
MinniHowl's AvatarMinniHowl
Oh wow, okay that's good to know. Should've known that tbh. I've just sent as that because some of the ones I've bought from have specifically told me to send it as that. I've noticed that makes me have to pay the fee, which I did find a bit wierd, but I never really wanted to confront that :p Also, gosh, yes, Näerie! I keep forgetting that, thanks for the reminder.
~Xo, MinniHowl ● SHOPJOURNAL
Jakjack's AvatarJakjack
Mostly for those reasons I try to not let customers send money manually and have me send invoices instead. There have been some instances where people will send less than what they're supposed to meticulously (all fees accounted for). Since I don't really like to confront people invoicing just saves a lot of trouble for me. Gosh, thank you for making this post though.
-----------------------"It’s ringing again, that sound.
A crack again on this frozen lake"-----------------------
Yahan's AvatarYahan
Throughout all my transactions with PayPal, the fees were never required of me by the other user, but i do remember at least two instances where I just couldn’t avoid the fee for the life of me. I don’t remember the specifics for one of them, but the other was me sending USD to an user that would receive the equivalent in CAD. So tl;dr, how would you bypass the fees? ‘Cause that situation I just described above happened even when I clicked ‘send money to a friend’
I use tone tags! Ones I tend to use the most are /gen
genuine
, /nf
not forced
,/nm
not mad
, /lh
light hearted
, /npa
not passive aggressive
, /pos
positive
, /neu
neutral
, /s
sarcastic
. (Hover over for meanings~)
Credits: Avatar
made by Anna-Ravenrock
|| Signature
my design. Luvdisc is one of my Pokemon OCs adapted from an official Luvdisc sprite, girl and the quote are both from Erin Entrada Kelly's novel You Go First
MinniHowl's AvatarMinniHowl

QUOTE originally posted by Yay

Throughout all my transactions with PayPal, the fees were never required of me by the other user, but i do remember at least two instances where I just couldn’t avoid the fee for the life of me. I don’t remember the specifics for one of them, but the other was me sending USD to an user that would receive the equivalent in CAD. So tl;dr, how would you bypass the fees? ‘Cause that situation I just described above happened even when I clicked ‘send money to a friend’
If you have to convert the money from one currency to another, you might not be able to bypass/avoid paying a fee. Regardless, if a proper buisness transaction requires fees to be paid, you should pay it. The point of the announcement is that you shouldn't click 'send money to a friend' (which results in you paying whatever fees may apply, from what I gathered anyway).

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page