PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Time-Scheduled Evolutions?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123

nil's Avatarnil
up?
icon is an editied manga cap. ♡ lab || scroll
I'd be down for an "Automatically Evolve This Pokemon when the Requirements for This Evolution is Met" option somewhere on the Pokemon's summary page, but that's just me

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
dracogem's Avatardracogem

QUOTE originally posted by AuracleOfBacon

I'd be down for an "Automatically Evolve This Pokemon when the Requirements for This Evolution is Met" option somewhere on the Pokemon's summary page, but that's just me
I can see this being a similar set up to the "notify me when pokemon meets [Level/happiness]" with the notification, you can turn it off. the same would be for the evolution. you can set the pokemon to evolve at a certain time through a menu like the level/happiness (to help expand on the idea of how this could be implemented)
I don't know how to make pretty signatures but look! it's a baby!!
nil's Avatarnil
bababump
selocon's Avatarselocon
I'm gonna point out a few things. The first is this: So. Many. Help. Threads. You're GONNA have people who forget they scheduled it and go looking for the previous pokemon and then make a help (or bug) thread asking "why is X where my pokemon should be" kinda the same reason auto evolution was shot down. Also, once I re-open my shop, that's a service I offer for <i><b>free</b></i>. If it's really that anxiety inducing I do have a clause that you can hold one of my pokemon (I typically use a S/A regardless of the pokemon I'm getting from you so you know I have a reason to give it back) as collateral until the evolution is done. Overall, no support
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
DADDi's AvatarDADDi

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

The first is this: So. Many. Help. Threads. You're GONNA have people who forget they scheduled it and go looking for the previous pokemon and then make a help (or bug) thread asking "why is X where my pokemon should be" kinda the same reason auto evolution was shot down.
because some people forget that they activated it doesn't mean it should be ruined for everyone else? as from someone from central us this would be extremely helpful as daytime for me isnt until like 2-3 in the morning.

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

Also, once I re-open my shop, that's a service I offer for free. If it's really that anxiety inducing I do have a clause that you can hold one of my pokemon (I typically use a S/A regardless of the pokemon I'm getting from you so you know I have a reason to give it back) as collateral until the evolution is done.
problem with this is that a majority of evolutions are for wishforge; how would you evolve a pokemon, but still make it count towards someone's badge? personally, i use eevees for almost all of the badges available for it, which some will say, “just level up pokemon to upgrade your badge” but i dont have the attention span, as i am adhd, nor time to evolve 200+ pokemon via leveling them up. along with this, majority of the shelter is flooded with eevees that you can find 200+ of them in about 6 minutes instead of trying to find, example, solosis in 20-30 minutes. using pokemon based on happiness bascially helps you kill two birds with one stone as you dont have to do much and work on other things you need to get done. summary: i support
BLACK LIVES MATTER
nil's Avatarnil
b-b-bump
NeonFlame's AvatarNeonFlame
100% support! I am 8 hours behind and I have a Rockruff I want to evolve into Dusk Form, but dusk is at, like midnight in my time zone. And my parents will kill me if they catch me online that late.
Gif by KitKatKutie2
nonpuellamagi's Avatarnonpuellamagi
big support! to reduce the load on the server perhaps the daytime automatic evos could be done during the daily backup? i'm not sure how much that'd help but since it already happens daily i feel like it'd make sense to add a daily-occurring event like this to the backup. night and dusk backups would still have to be worked out tho.
rey ♥ they/them ♥ 24 my shop climbin' out the back door, didn't leave a mark - no one knows it's you, miss jackson avatar
official tcg art edited by me
| signature
coding by me
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
I have to say no support. For a few reasons. Firstly, I do not agree with your basis that certain times are unavailable. As of the update on Oct. 23, 2017 (over a year ago now) the day/night cycle fluctuates according to the seasons. Meaning that in summer, you will have several more hours of daylight than you will now, a mere week and a half after the shortest day of the year. And even at a time like now, there's more time than you allow in your example. Sunrise today was at 8:03 server time, and Sunset will be at 16:03. That's 8 hours of daylight, 2 hours longer than the 1-7 example. Also, for a person who is 6 hours behind, that means daylight time is from 2am to 10am, which gives plenty of time in the morning to wake up and still have daytime available for evolving pokemon. Even if you were 8 hours behind, that would make sunrise at midnight and sundown at 8am. More difficult maybe, but still certainly doable. And that's in winter, where as in summer that timer period will be even longer and more accommodating. Now of course, the average working person is not going to have their weekday mornings open all the way up to 10am to be able to leisurely wake up and evolve pokemon in a game. but that brings me to my second point: this is a game, and unless you're trying to speedrun your pokedex completion, there is zero necessity to push out evolutions as fast as possible. If you cannot find time when you are busy, wait patiently for a time when you are not. Stay up late on a night where you can sleep in the following morning. Wake up earlier on a weekend/day without work. Set it aside and work on something else until the days get longer. Even simply waking up 15 minutes earlier on an average day would work for doing a few quick evos, especially if you had everything else prepared before hand. Pre-planning and good time management is as good a solution to the daylight/nighttime problem as any implementations to the game. Thirdly, the number of pokemon with night/day requirements is quite small. In truth any one person will only have a problem with either the day or the night and not both, depending on timezones. So the actually troublesome evolutions make up only half of that already small amount. And considering the number of people just in this thread who have already pushed for the auto-evolve to apply to all pokemon evolutions and not just day/night pokemon, the impact of this would go way beyond any real problem it was supposed to be solving. (There's a whole host of arguments against the auto-for-all as well, but as the actual suggestion is just for day/night pokemon I'll avoid going into them for now) lastly, I am generally opposed to any addition that plays a game for you. Requirements are created in order to be met. You did already mention this view in your negative points though, so I'll simply say that I believe the listed negatives outweigh the listed positives.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page