PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Time-Scheduled Evolutions?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123

nil's Avatarnil
Suggestion Title: Time-Scheduled Evolutions Suggestion Summary: Allow users to schedule a Pokemon to automatically evolve at a certain time of day. I understand it might sound silly, but as someone who is 6 hours behind PFQ, I have many pokemon that can only evolve during daytime. Daytime on PFQ, for me, is around 1am-7am. Understandably, I can't be on around those times, as I have work & need to sleep. I'm sure there are many other people in this situation as me, and time-scheduled evolutions would only be a quality-of-life change for people who can't log in during those times. It wouldn't affect people who would want to and are able to evolve their pokemon normally. It wouldn't be like, a specific time. Just a general time of Dawn-Day-Dusk-Night that would trigger an evolution when server time matches the schedule. Positive points: - quality-of-life change for people in different timezones - no negative effects on other players who can evolve their pokemon normally - it would be pure convenience and would offer nothing special - removes the need for people to go out of their way at ridiculous times to evolve their pokemon. Negative points: - some could argue this would make the game too easy - it removes the challenge of needing to evolve a certain pokemon at a specific time of day - I feel like it kind of makes day-night evolutions obsolete in a way... Reason For Consideration: it would honestly just be convenient for people in different timezones that can't get on to evolve pokemon during certain times. I understand it removes some challenge of the game but something like this doesn't really have any negative impact on the players themselves, it's just a pure convenience.
icon is an editied manga cap. ♡ lab || scroll
x Arlecchinø's Avatarx Arlecchinø
support! while night is actually when i'm most on, i am on sometimes during the day, so it isn't the biggest problem for me. but i'm sure it is for others!
cy/fev. he/they pronouns. find me at @scorkaji on discord if you need me
King's Shield

King's Shield

Forme-Change Item

(: 0)

A mysterious shield that enervates attackers. Aegislash could make good use of this.

Sells for 500

Lv. 100 — +9,710,371
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
ElectricDark
Happiness 27%
Calm nature
Lv. 100 — +11,182,776
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
DarkFlying
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
Lv. 100 — +5,533,682
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fairy
Happiness 27%
Impish nature

avatar from Hazbin Hotel s1e8 pkmnpanel code
Yahan's AvatarYahan
I’m on the fence. I understand the heart behind this, but at the same time, I dunno how I feel about making evolutions automatic. Especially with how wishforge can require so many evolutions, and how big the userbase is. I think on PF1, stuff like day/night were based on users’ time zones. (They has to specify one when they registered) I feel like that’s a good compromise between the intent of this suggestion and avoiding straining Sally more than she probably already is xD
I use tone tags! Ones I tend to use the most are /gen
genuine
, /nf
not forced
,/nm
not mad
, /lh
light hearted
, /npa
not passive aggressive
, /pos
positive
, /neu
neutral
, /s
sarcastic
. (Hover over for meanings~)
Credits: Avatar
made by Anna-Ravenrock
|| Signature
my design. Luvdisc is one of my Pokemon OCs adapted from an official Luvdisc sprite, girl and the quote are both from Erin Entrada Kelly's novel You Go First
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
Right after Dusk Lycanroc came out there was some controversy; I remember Niet talking about how if you really are having trouble with time-based evolution there's always getting help from other users via trading. It's not conceptually that different from straight-up trade-evolves. On a side-note, the day-night cycle here changes with the seasons, so while day is short now in the summer it will be much longer. But that's a bit long to wait for an evolution heh. Uh, TL;DR is I guess I don't care much either way? I get where you're coming from but I'm not convinced it's necessary.
nil's Avatarnil

QUOTE originally posted by Yay

I’m on the fence. I understand the heart behind this, but at the same time, I dunno how I feel about making evolutions automatic. Especially with how wishforge can require so many evolutions, and how big the userbase is. I think on PF1, stuff like day/night were based on users’ time zones. (They has to specify one when they registered) I feel like that’s a good compromise between the intent of this suggestion and avoiding straining Sally more than she probably already is xD
yes, I understand that. c: I think using the user's timezone would be more convenient for people, but not so much for the staff. for them, it's good to have a constant throughout the site so they can play everything according to server time. I think, having Day-Night evolutions based on the user's timezone would be more convenient and having the site operate on server time? would be a good compromise, but I feel like that would strain Sally more than just allowing time-based evolutions to be automatic. And they would only be automatic if they were set on the schedule, this wouldn't affect any other pokemon on the site aside from time-based ones.

QUOTE originally posted by Tarashia

Right after Dusk Lycanroc came out there was some controversy; I remember Niet talking about how if you really are having trouble with time-based evolution there's always getting help from other users via trading. It's not conceptually that different from straight-up trade-evolves.
this is true, but, it's anxiety inducing, to say the least. I don't like to leave my pokemon with people I don't know for an extended period of time, and no one I know plays the game enough for them to do that. It honestly just comes down to preference, I guess, and as much as that makes sense with trade evolves it happens right away. You just need to hope you get the pokemon back unevolved. However yes, I do understand the point of seeing them as trade evos. :) it's just an anxiety thing for me, I guess. I just think a scheduled evolution would be purely convenience; it wouldn't affect anyone or any other pokemon on the site aside from the user that scheduled it. edit: oh, and, yes. it's not necessary at all. it would just be a quality-of-life change for people who are way behind server time.
dracogem's Avatardracogem
edit: I'm leaving the entirety of my post up so there is no confusion if anyone reads back through. But after having things explained and the obvious pointed out to me, I have changed my stance and now support this suggestion. how would you control the evolutions? say you're trying to evolve your eevee into an espeon, but it hits max happiness during "night time." automatic evolution dictates that your eevee will now evolve into an umbreon. now you can say "give it an everstone and just take it away during the daytime" but if you're going to be online during the daytime to take away the everstone, then you can just evolve it normally like how its set up now. now take that same eevee you're trying to evolve. you can say that the automatic evolution happens at noon or midnight server time. but if you happen to have a long day at work, or are asleep, or any other reason that you're away from pokefarm and the time hits midnight before it hits noon, the eevee will again evolve into umbreon before you have the chance to evolve it into espeon. now take a different story. say you've been hunting amaura, and you're trying to upgrade your wishforge badges. you need to have those hoards of amauras ready to evolve for whenever you need them to upgrade your wishforge. but amaura evolves at level 39 during night time. you would have to give an everstone to every. single. one. of those amaura in order to make sure they don't evolve during the night when you're not ready for them to. TLDR; there's too many factors to me that makes this too risky of a thing to implement. it would lead to too many accidental and unwanted evolutions.
I don't know how to make pretty signatures but look! it's a baby!!
nil's Avatarnil

QUOTE originally posted by infinitywayvern

how would you control the evolutions? say you're trying to evolve your eevee into an espeon, but it hits max happiness during "night time." automatic evolution dictates that your eevee will now evolve into an umbreon. now you can say "give it an everstone and just take it away during the daytime" but if you're going to be online during the daytime to take away the everstone, then you can just evolve it normally like how its set up now.
perhaps i didn't elaborate enough. no, with this idea, the eevee would not evolve into umbreon as soon as the clock hits nighttime, because you would specifically schedule evolution to trigger only during when the server time is 'day.' it doesn't matter if it would hit max happiness at night, because no matter what it wouldn't evolve until it's day.

now take that same eevee you're trying to evolve. you can say that the automatic evolution happens at noon or midnight server time. but if you happen to have a long day at work, or are asleep, or any other reason that you're away from pokefarm and the time hits midnight before it hits noon, the eevee will again evolve into umbreon before you have the chance to evolve it into espeon.
again, this isn't how the idea works. once again, the eevee will not evolve at nighttime if you've specifically scheduled the evolution to only trigger during the day.

now take a different story. say you've been hunting amaura, and you're trying to upgrade your wishforge badges. you need to have those hoards of amauras ready to evolve for whenever you need them to upgrade your wishforge. but amaura evolves at level 39 during night time. you would have to give an everstone to every. single. one. of those amaura in order to make sure they don't evolve during the night when you're not ready for them to.
again... you wouldn't need to give them everstones. you would schedule the evolution to happen when you are ready for it. the day you are ready, you would schedule evolutions for them to occur at night. you do not have to schedule them to evolve when you're not ready for them to evolve. you would wait until you are ready, but if you're going to be on at night as you imply here, you wouldn't need to schedule the evolution at all. you'd just do it yourself. I feel like you drastically misunderstood what I said, I do not believe I did a poor job clarifying what my intentions were. Pokemon will not automatically evolve unless you tell them to. This idea will not run on specific time values, like 7:00, 14:00, 19:00, etc. it will run on the servers Dawn-Day-Dusk-Night cycle. Regardless, I appreciate your input on the topic. <3
dracogem's Avatardracogem

QUOTE originally posted by nil

I feel like you drastically misunderstood what I said, I do not believe I did a poor job clarifying what my intentions were. Pokemon will not automatically evolve unless you tell them to. Regardless, I appreciate your input on the topic. <3
I suppose I did misunderstand what you said, I apologize. Though, I do believe you weren't completely clear. Perhaps lead off your suggestion with "Allow users to schedule a time for automatic evolution to take place." It was probably just my eyes and brain skimming over that part in your suggestion, but adding that little bit to the would make it clear from the beginning what you're suggesting. Because until you said "it would not effect people who want to evolve their pokemon normally." it sounded like you were suggesting a set time for pokemon to automatically evolve. Again, I apologize and you are free to disregard my suggestion, since it seems that it is just me who has had this misunderstanding xD
nil's Avatarnil

QUOTE originally posted by infinitywayvern

QUOTE originally posted by nil

I feel like you drastically misunderstood what I said, I do not believe I did a poor job clarifying what my intentions were. Pokemon will not automatically evolve unless you tell them to. Regardless, I appreciate your input on the topic. <3
I suppose I did misunderstand what you said, I apologize. Though, I do believe you weren't completely clear. Perhaps lead off your suggestion with "Allow users to schedule a time for automatic evolution to take place." It was probably just my eyes and brain skimming over that part in your suggestion, but adding that little bit to the would make it clear from the beginning what you're suggesting. Because until you said "it would not effect people who want to evolve their pokemon normally." it sounded like you were suggesting a set time for pokemon to automatically evolve. Again, I apologize and you are free to disregard my suggestion, since it seems that it is just me who has had this misunderstanding xD
it's perfectly fine! <3 I've edited my first post with your suggestions, so thank you for that. I truly do appreciate the feedback~
I like this idea! I currently have a Delta Rockruff I want to make a Dusk Form, but because of my schedule it can be hard to be online at the right time to evolve it. This would be a great solution!
Rèal's sprite by Matamoja. Avatar of Rèal by safi.

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page