PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Guide on Shiny Hunting

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides >

Pages: 1234··· 151617

Thanks for the help. Also might I add to keep an eye on the bonus counter. Niet, Garthic, Marie, and Sei all have bonuses that are helpful with shinny hunts. Seriously Try to avoid taking the day off on those days. Ravyne doesn't really help much with hunting but he does give you extra gems you can swap and trade. Garthic is also a nice bonus for interaction points if you wanna try your luck at hatching a few albinos. They wont help with the hunt itself but they well help you get more out of the hunt.
Avatar made by my good friend SeventhSeraph https://pokefarm.com/user/SeventhSeraph
Score: 0
Uzumi's AvatarUzumi
I can't believe I put off updating this guide for 8 months. So yeah. PokéRadar+ is added (thanks to Karai and Gregory Auberon for pointing that one out) and information on Bonus Counters was added (thanks to Peacefulinvasion).
LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
So, eh, if you have a pair of Shinies breeding, or one of the breeding couple is a Shiny, does the chance of hatching a shiny increase? Or what about if one of the breeding couple is an albino? You did say the chance is random...but does it change the percentage at all?
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Whether one or both Pokémon in the pair is shiny or albino, it will not affect the percentage of hatching shiny or albino.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
Thanks Eltafez!
Zari's AvatarZari
Sadly, I'll be hunting the old fashioned way, considering I don't have the currency to get any of the upgrades, nor can I get money to purchase Zophan Canisters (T-T ) Ah well, at least I know how to hunt the old fashioned way XD
Faetan's AvatarFaetan
Are the actual percentage chances of hatching a shiny listed anywhere? A 3,996% boost seems huge, but if that's boosting an incredibly miniscule fraction of a percentage, it's hard to tell just how good my chances actually are, so the big number doesn't really mean much. It just makes me think every egg is going to be a shiny. I'd prefer if the actual numbers were given somewhere. Say, if Sei's counter boosts the chances of hatching a shiny to 16%, that makes me think 16 out of 100 eggs hatched will be shiny.
BananaLizard's AvatarBananaLizard
I'm not 100% sure on this, but the actualy shiny chances are not listed anywhere because then people will complain that they didn't a shiny at egg #xyz. I know on the old pokefarm, it was listed as a 1/40 chance at max shiny chance, and people would get very upset when their shiny didn't hatch till egg 60 or so because it was just that a chance. They took the 1/40 to mean 1 out of EVERY 40 eggs will be shiny, not I have a chance for 1 in every 40 eggs to be shiny. But again, we'll need a staffer to actually confirm or deny that, but I recall that being said when the matter was brought up on pfq ages ago, I don't remember if it was user or staff who said it, so again, staffer can confirm or deny.
Uzumi's AvatarUzumi
BananaLizard is correct on that, the exact chance to get a Shiny will not be posted publicly to avoid the constant complains that people were supposed to get a Shiny after 40 Eggs but didn't. (I think the actual number on PF1 was 25, but I'm not sure about it. xD It has been too long.) And Sei boosts the chance by 16%, not to 16%.
naesala's Avatarnaesala
I have hypermode, and well.... only hypermode. I don't have the credits to buy a pokéradar, can I still chain without it? And are there any guides on how to pile up credits so I can buy the radar soon?
All sprites and pictures are official pieces of their respective games. - Make him strong. [

Pages: 1234··· 151617

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page